About this listing
A small but confortable room with its private ensuite bathroom in the central and safe Trastevere-Monteverde area, at walking distance to the Trastevere station (trains to Fiumicino International Airport). Guests don't have access to the kitchen.
When you plan a trip to Rome, it's good to know that you can stay in a lovely little room with private en-suite bathroom in the central and safe Trastevere-Monteverde area.
And that's exactly what we can offer, for the best price possible and with the best reviews possible, because we are travelers too and we know what our guests need to have a great stay in Rome. That's one of the reasons why we keep receiving excellent reviews and no complaints.
The room is very small but comfortable.
It has a queen size bed, and our guests have access to a private bathroom with bathtub and shower. No access to the kitchen is allowed.
At walking distance to the lush historic gardens of Villa Pamphili park and to the centrally located Trastevere Railway station, our home benefits of an extensive public transport system.
By train, bus or tram, you can easily and quickly reach most of the attractions in town (just an example: the Vatican is at just one train stop from here, a trip during less than 5 minutes). Some of the attractions are merely at walking distance.
In your room, you will find some useful guidebooks that will help you in your Roman explorations.
- Important notice: our home is in a central district of Rome, and sometimes the traffic on the road can be noisy (as it is in most areas of central Rome). If you are a light sleeper, please let us know, and we'll buy earplugs for you.
*** VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
Please, read carefully our HOUSE RULES before booking. Especially the rules regarding the use of the kitchen and other areas of the flat. Despite the fact that we wrote it very clearly, we still seem to have problems with this "detail", so we try to make things as clear as possible: our prices are so low because we only offer a room and bathroom with everything you may need in a room and a bathroom (professionally cleaned room and bathroom, industrially sterylized sheets, pillowcases and towels, toilet paper, soap, shampoo, shower-gel, hairdrier, free wi-fi). Guests who are looking for a place where they can cook or have meals or spend time in the living-room should probably look for another type of offer.
The guest will have access to their bedroom and their bathroom. And, in case they are smokers, they will also have access to the balcony. Any other area of the flat is only accessible to our family.
Wi-Fi Internet is available for free, of course. And you will also get all the tips and suggestions and the probling-solving you may ask for.
Interaction with Guests
We are quite discreet, because we value our guests' privacy. But we are always open to a chat and to an aperitivo on our balcony, if the weather allows it and if we feel the guests are friendly and willing to interact with us.
We love our neighborhood because it is at just minutes from the lively and super-popular Trastevere area, but without the crazy noise, the crazy prices and the horrible tourist traps that can make Trastevere a bad choice for accomodation.
That's why we decided to live here, in first place: we get all the good aspects of living in the heart of town, minus the bad aspects.
The area is very well connected to the rest of town: two train stations, a fast tram, many bus lines.
There are shops, bars, cafes, pizzerias, restaurants, wine-bars, bistrots, pharmacies, two hospitals and lots of green areas (that's why the name of the neighborhood is "Monteverde", meaning "green hill"). Also, in the hot summer months, we enjoy a slightly milder temperature, thanks to the elevation and also because we are blessed by the breeze coming directly from the sea. A lucky spot, really. :)
Other Things to Note
Our guests have access to their bedroom and their bathroom (and to the balcony, in case they need to smoke a cigarette). The rest of the flat is only accessible by our family.
- Guests can access to their room, to their bathroom, and to the balcony, if they need to smoke. The living room and kitchen and any other area of the flat are not accessible to guests. Of course, guests can access to the kitchen if they need water, but cooking or eating is not allowed in any area of the flat.
- Storing, keeping, eating food or any beverage (except water) in the room is strictly forbidden.
- Please be informed that smoking is strictly forbidden in the bedroom and bathroom: if you are a smoker, there is a nice little balcony where you can enjoy your cigarettes.
- Quiet hours are between 11PM and 9AM. Please enter and exit quietly during those hours.
- No loud music, parties, or unannounced visitors are permitted in the apartment.
- No pets are permitted in the apartment.
- Please always make sure to keep windows and door locked when leaving the flat for a walk.
- Respect the space and keep it clean. Guests are liable for any damage they do to the property.
- No drugs or illegal substances are permitted on the premises.
- There is a 55€ charge if the keys are lost or not returned.
Emiliano was a very warmhearted and open host (Emanuela, unfortunatley, was not in town during my visit). He always had the time to listen to my questions and even let me use his phone everyday to make calls! The room fits the descriptions. The Bed is really big and comfortable. The bathroom is clean and nice. I appreciate the way I was welcomed and treated over the entire time. Would be glad to return!
Muchas gracias por todo! Tuve una excelente estancia!!
The hosts were some of the warmest hosts I've ever had on Airbnb. When I arrived, Emiliano helped me adjust by answering all of my questions about how to make the most of my time. He and Emanuela were also very responsive during my time there. They provided with me a fan when I requested it, coordinated late check-out with me when I was running late, and even got me some free gelato! The room is small, but perfect for a solo traveler, a bit tight for 2. Service was incredible, really.
I should point out though two issues I had: 1) the shower and 2) the wifi. As for the shower, the pressure would go in and out. So there was a couple minutes each time I took a shower where the pressure would disappear. Also, the hot water ran out after 5 minutes. The latter is not normally a problem since it is so hot in Rome anyway, but I still like my showers to be on the lukewarm side of things in such weather. As for the wifi, it's weak. I talked to Emiliano, who was so helpful, and he explained that it depends on devices. For mac products, for some reason, the connection is poor. It broke at multiple points.
Overall, for the price, this is a great bargain. You get a private room with a private bathroom in Rome. However, if wifi and a reliable shower are important for you, you will be frustrated. Lastly, the location is a little out of the way. I didn't mind though since I like walking (about a 25 minute walk to Trastavere, where you can find good eats and drinks) and a 50+ minute walk to the Pantheon (to pick a landmark).
Ciao, AJ. Thank you for your nice words and for pointing out these issues.
(1) We have investigated on the shower issue and discovered that the cleaning lady disassembled the shower head to clean its inside and somehow she must have lost the rubber gasket (a small rubber ring that prevents leaking, keeping the flow and the pressure steady). The problem has already been solved in a matter of 30 seconds, just by putting a new gasket in it. We are sorry you had this esperience: had you told Emiliano about it he would have solved it earlier and you wouldn't have had to shower with a very low pressure.
(2) The wi-fi problem is unfortunately quite hard to solve, unless Italy finally adopts better technologies. Notoriously, this country has the slowest broadband in Europe: in other words, the problem is not limited to this home, it's about the entire national territory, and guests coming from countries where the connection is a lot faster may be frustrated. But, again, you would experience exactly the same problem even at a 5 stars hotel here in Italy.
Thank you again for being such a nice guest and we wish we will meet you again here next time you are in Rome. Emanuela & Emiliano
Emiliano è davvero una persona straordinaria! Sempre disponibile per ogni necessità! Assolutamente consigliato!
Hola! Estuvimos en Roma el fin de semana, nos fue excelente en nuestra estadía en la casa, la ubicación es perfecta, cerca de el barrio mas lindo de roma y el transporte facilita la llegada al centro!!, Emiliano nos ayudo mucho en la ubicación y nos atendió muy Bn, siempre que lo necesitamos estaba atento! La pieza es muy cómoda y limpia, nos encanto!
Didn't get to meet Emanuela but Emiliano was there throughout to help. He went the extra mile to help me on the day I arrived, meeting me at the train station and helped me with my luggage (I had 2 heavy pieces of luggage!) He also baked a chocolate cupcake for me on one of the days and it was delicious!
Location is good, though it isn't near the metro, there's the team service (no. 8) which could bring you to most places that you would want to visit. Room size is ok for me as I was by myself. Room, though sparse, is clean. Would certainly stay again.
This host has 33 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Emanuela
Open-minded, curious and nice person. I deeply love cinema, books and cooking for friends, but everything means nothing without music. I also love travel and meet people from other countries.