About this listing
****** Riverside location******
An ideal location from which to explore the city and also to rest in peaceful surroundings after a packed day of sightseeing.
UNIQUE location which gives you a balance between relaxation and the BUZZ of the CITY (all the facilities of city life nearby, major cultural cites, restaurants, shopping, nightlife).
I hope I can be your host and offer you a great experience staying in my home which is just a 5 minute bus ride to the City Centre.
My home is an ideal location from which to explore the city and also to rest in peaceful surroundings after a packed day of sightseeing or a late night in the city.
- Beside two landmark Dublin City Parks: The Phoenix Park (the largest enclosed park in Europe) and The Memorial Park, visited by President Obama and Queen Elizabeth during their visits.
My apartment is on two levels (i.e. upstairs /downstairs) and it:
- Overlooks the River Liffey: excellent views of the river
- Public transport is directly in front of the complex: just 5 minutes by bus to the city centre or if you prefer a nice walk just 30-40 minutes alongside the river, that's free and good for the legs :-)
- Large private recently decorated double bedroom overlooking the river
- Own key to come and go as you please
- Plenty of storage (i.e. wardrobe space, drawer unit etc)
- Large desk for your laptop
- Free Wifi access
- Free Tourist Maps and Guide Books
- Shared bathroom (electric power shower)
- Towels provided
- Bed linen provided
- International Plug adapter
***** FREE Car Parking *****
Major attractions a short walk away include:
- Phoenix Park (President's residence, Zoological Gardens, Bike Hire, Farmleigh House, Visitors Centre, view the deers in natural surroundings or use the soccer, cycle tracks, horse riding, cricket or running facilities)
- Visit the historic Kilmainham Gaol (one of the largest unoccupied jails in Europe)
- The Museum of Modern Art (major exhibtions held throughout the year)
- The National Museum of Ireland (Collins Barracks)
Other major attractions a 5 minute or less bus ride away:
- Trinity College (The Book of Kells)
- Art and Science Galleries
- Stephen's Green Park
- The Guiness Storehouse (visitors centre)
- Christchurch Cathedral
- Theatres, cinema, shows
- Temple Bar (the centre for nightlife in Dublin)
- Restaurants, bars and nightclubs to suit all tastes
A unique location which gives you a balance between relaxation and all the facilities of city life.
- LGBT friendly.
*** For the business traveller the Dublin Convention Centre is within easy reach ***
*** Portuguese and Spanish spoken, if needed I'm very happy to help you with your English during your stay ***
*** In addition a short walk to Heuston Station which is one of Ireland's main railway stations: Heuston serves the south, southwest and west. Perfect for visits to other cities and towns within Ireland such as Cork, Galway, Kerry, Limerick, Mayo, Waterford ***
I am a laid back person however I do have a few house rules ,as this is my home I would ask you to respect my home and treat it like you would your own.
- No smoking. It is of course possible to smoke on the balcony
- Check in and check out times may be flexible. Please ask!
- This is a quiet apartment near the centre of the city so please party all night in the city, but respect other people and be quiet when you return
- NO VISITORS allowed just the persons who have reserved the room
- No animals allowed: I like animals but not in the apartment
Most of all enjoy your stay in our beautiful city. I am always available to help you enjoy your stay :)