****** Riverside location******
An ideal location from which to explore the city and also to rest in peaceful surroundings after a packed day of sightseeing.
Why not combine with a countryside stay? See https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/1192550
UNIQUE location which gives you a balance between relaxation and the BUZZ of the CITY (all the facilities of city life nearby, major cultural cites, restaurants, shopping, nightlife).
I hope I can be your host and offer you a great experience staying in my home which is just a 5 minute bus ride to the City Centre.
My home is an ideal location from which to explore the city and also to rest in peaceful surroundings after a packed day of sightseeing or a late night in the city.
- Beside two landmark Dublin City Parks: The Phoenix Park (the largest enclosed park in Europe) and The Memorial Park, visited by President Obama and Queen Elizabeth during their visits.
My apartment is on two levels (i.e. upstairs /downstairs) and it:
- Overlooks the River Liffey: excellent views of the river
- Public transport is directly in front of the complex: just 5 minutes by bus to the city centre or if you prefer a nice walk just 30-40 minutes alongside the river, that's free and good for the legs :-)
- Large private recently decorated double bedroom overlooking the river
- Own key to come and go as you please
- Plenty of storage (i.e. wardrobe space, drawer unit etc)
- Large desk for your laptop
- Free Wifi access
- Free Tourist Maps and Guide Books
- Shared bathroom (electric power shower)
- Towels provided
- Bed linen provided
- International Plug adapter
Major attractions a short walk away include:
- Phoenix Park (President's residence, Zoological Gardens, Bike Hire, Farmleigh House, Visitors Centre, view the deers in natural surroundings or use the soccer, cycle tracks, horse riding, cricket or running facilities)
- Visit the historic Kilmainham Gaol (one of the largest unoccupied jails in Europe)
- The Museum of Modern Art (major exhibtions held throughout the year)
- The National Museum of Ireland (Collins Barracks)
Other major attractions a 5 minute or less bus ride away:
- Trinity College (The Book of Kells)
- Art and Science Galleries
- Stephen's Green Park
- The Guiness Storehouse (visitors centre)
- Christchurch Cathedral
- Theatres, cinema, shows
- Temple Bar (the centre for nightlife in Dublin)
- Restaurants, bars and nightclubs to suit all tastes
A unique location which gives you a balance between relaxation and all the facilities of city life.
- LGBT friendly.
*** For the business traveller the Dublin Convention Centre is within easy reach ***
*** Portuguese and Spanish spoken, if needed I'm very happy to help you with your English during your stay ***
*** In addition a short walk to Heuston Station which is one of Ireland's main railway stations: Heuston serves the south, southwest and west. Perfect for visits to other cities and towns within Ireland such as Cork, Galway, Kerry, Limerick, Mayo, Waterford ***
I am a laid back person however I do have a few house rules ,as this is my home I would ask you to respect my home and treat it like you would your own.
- No smoking. It is of course possible to smoke on the balcony
- Check in and check out times may be flexible. Please ask!
- This is a quiet apartment near the centre of the city so please party all night in the city, but respect other people and be quiet when you return
- NO VISITORS allowed just the persons who have reserved the room
- No animals allowed: I like animals but not in the apartment
Most of all enjoy your stay in our beautiful city. I am always available to help you enjoy your stay :)
Excellent endroit pour visiter Dublin! La chambre est belle, spacieuse et propre. Super accueil de Liam, il a su nous donner de bons conseils et les petits déjeuners étaient extras!!! Vous pouvez y aller les yeux fermés....
the room is very nice, and gives on the river; it was very calm;
the Phoenix Park, which entrance is just in front of Liam's appartment, is worth a visit.
for the center of Dublin, a short ride with bus is necessary: prepare your 2,35€ in coins for the driver.
My plane arrived at midnight, too late for the 747 bus shuttle, which stopps at 11:30PM. so I had to take a taxi to tha appartment (28€).
a very complete breakfast was ready every morning.
Liam was a good host, very reactive.
He brang me at the bus station with his car for my leaving to Cork: thank you Liam!
My first experience with Airbnb was very positive thanks to Liam, who was an ideal host. The apartment is conveniently located and only a brief bus ride from the heart of the city. A large and magnificent park (Phoenix) borders the apartment. The room is quiet and clean with a comfortable bed, and a nice view of the river Liffey. Liam was relaxed, friendly and conversational and made me feel at home. The breakfast he provided was better than some hotels I have stayed in. He gave helpful suggestions for places to visit and picked me up and dropped me off at the station for the bus that takes you to/from the airport. I highly recommend his Airbnb listing and I would stay with Liam again if I go to Dublin.
Liam was very helpful meeting me at the bus and providing useful information, tips and a welcome cup of tea! The apartment is just as described, very comfortable and handy to transport, or walk to city and park. Thanks very much for great stay Liam
Liam's flat was just a few minutes outside of the center of the city - a 5 minute bus ride (and the buses run fairly frequently), or a 10-15 Euro cab ride. The room and flat itself were lovely, clean and comfortable and we felt safe in the neighborhood. We were only in town for two nights but wished we had longer, as Liam's flat was right across the street from Phoenix Park, which we would have loved to explore.
Liam went above and beyond as a host, picking my sister and I up from the bus station on our arrival to Dublin, providing loads of info about the city, leaving us a beautiful breakfast in the morning, and even waking at 4am the day we left to drive us back to the bus station!
Not to gush, but Liam was the perfect host! Kind, friendly and super accommodating. He even greeted me at 7 a.m. when I arrived from the airport. The room was excellent, the bed extremely comfortable, and an amazing continental-style breakfast was laid out each morning. Liam was also very knowledgeable about the area and provided a lot of maps and tourist information. Overall, one of my favorite Airbnb's to date.
Many thanks Shannon for your visit and the lovely review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at my place, and I'm delighted that the first days of your extended visit to Ireland went so well. Wishing you lots of happiness on your travels in the coming months, I'm sure it will be amazing and of course if you come back to Dublin you are very welcome here!
Dear Liam, it was a real pleasure to have stayed at your place. Beautiful, quiet and the cleanest place I've been to. Your breakfast was super and so your disponibility. You also made a fantastic host! And the ride you gave me on the last day was most appreciated. I am glad I had the chance to get to know your side of the lovely Dublin. Great breakfast too
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hello, I'm an Irish guy living in Dublin. I'm looking forward to new travel experiences and I also offer a room in my home for those wishing to visit Ireland.