About this listing
****** Riverside location******
An ideal location from which to explore the city and also to rest in peaceful surroundings after a packed day of sightseeing.
UNIQUE location which gives you a balance between relaxation and the BUZZ of the CITY (all the facilities of city life nearby, major cultural cites, restaurants, shopping, nightlife).
I hope I can be your host and offer you a great experience staying in my home which is just a 5 minute bus ride to the City Centre.
My home is an ideal location from which to explore the city and also to rest in peaceful surroundings after a packed day of sightseeing or a late night in the city.
- Beside two landmark Dublin City Parks: The Phoenix Park (the largest enclosed park in Europe) and The Memorial Park, visited by President Obama and Queen Elizabeth during their visits.
My apartment is on two levels (i.e. upstairs /downstairs) and it:
- Overlooks the River Liffey: excellent views of the river
- Public transport is directly in front of the complex: just 5 minutes by bus to the city centre or if you prefer a nice walk just 30-40 minutes alongside the river, that's free and good for the legs :-)
- Large private recently decorated double bedroom overlooking the river
- Own key to come and go as you please
- Plenty of storage (i.e. wardrobe space, drawer unit etc)
- Large desk for your laptop
- Free Wifi access
- Free Tourist Maps and Guide Books
- Shared bathroom (electric power shower)
- Towels provided
- Bed linen provided
- International Plug adapter
***** FREE Car Parking *****
Major attractions a short walk away include:
- Phoenix Park (President's residence, Zoological Gardens, Bike Hire, Farmleigh House, Visitors Centre, view the deers in natural surroundings or use the soccer, cycle tracks, horse riding, cricket or running facilities)
- Visit the historic Kilmainham Gaol (one of the largest unoccupied jails in Europe)
- The Museum of Modern Art (major exhibtions held throughout the year)
- The National Museum of Ireland (Collins Barracks)
Other major attractions a 5 minute or less bus ride away:
- Trinity College (The Book of Kells)
- Art and Science Galleries
- Stephen's Green Park
- The Guiness Storehouse (visitors centre)
- Christchurch Cathedral
- Theatres, cinema, shows
- Temple Bar (the centre for nightlife in Dublin)
- Restaurants, bars and nightclubs to suit all tastes
A unique location which gives you a balance between relaxation and all the facilities of city life.
- LGBT friendly.
*** For the business traveller the Dublin Convention Centre is within easy reach ***
*** Portuguese and Spanish spoken, if needed I'm very happy to help you with your English during your stay ***
*** In addition a short walk to Heuston Station which is one of Ireland's main railway stations: Heuston serves the south, southwest and west. Perfect for visits to other cities and towns within Ireland such as Cork, Galway, Kerry, Limerick, Mayo, Waterford ***
I am a laid back person however I do have a few house rules ,as this is my home I would ask you to respect my home and treat it like you would your own.
- No smoking. It is of course possible to smoke on the balcony
- Check in and check out times may be flexible. Please ask!
- This is a quiet apartment near the centre of the city so please party all night in the city, but respect other people and be quiet when you return
- NO VISITORS allowed just the persons who have reserved the room
- No animals allowed: I like animals but not in the apartment
Most of all enjoy your stay in our beautiful city. I am always available to help you enjoy your stay :)
Liam was a great and helpful host! It was nice to have him meet me at the bus station so I did not have to find his apartment on my own. He was also great at offering suggestions for sight-seeing.
I stayed with Liam for a long weekend. I was involved in an event in Phoenix Park so I wanted to stay as close to the park as possible. You won't find a place closer to the park than right across the street from the gate.
I was pleased with my stay. I've never heard of a host riding his bike to Hueston station so he could ride with me from the station to his place, but Liam met me with his bike. A nice touch. The apartment is small and cozy. I was one person so it was fine. Liam shared a lot of info with me about the city and was a good conversationalist when I sought that out. I would stay with him again.
Perfect opportunity for breakfast at the Liffey. Liam is a most welcoming host, with loads of suggestions on how to fully appreciate Dublin. Plus he lives across from Phoenix Park, great for a green start of the day. If you bring your credit card (I forgot mine), then River View is easily to be reached by one of the many free DublinBikes from the city centre. Otherwise a 30 minute walk, or a short trip by bus or taxi. In short, Liam's place offers a relaxed, quiet and welcoming base for exploring wonderful Dublin. Highly recommended, will gladly come back another time!
Liam was a wonderful host, very helpful in assisting us in every way. We found his home to be well situated with great access to the city and to Phoenix park. The added benefit of onsite parking made it a five star package. His home is well appointed, comfortable, and a safe district. We did not hesitate to walk back to the apartment from the Temple Bar area along the Liffy. We are likely to be visiting Dublin again and would not look past this accommodation.
Liam and his place are absolutely wonderful. He picked my mom and I up from the train station, which was very nice. His place is right on the river, which is a lovely view. We walked back from the city center to his place, which was perfect. Liam made sure that we knew where we were going and lended us a map. The room was very clean and comfortable.
Anna, it was a pleasure to meet you and your mom and many thanks for choosing to stay at my place and for your kind review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you will return to Dublin in the not too distant future. You are very welcome here anytime. All the best, Liam
From start to finish, Liam was a fantastic host. Myself and a friend booked the place for a weekend trip to Dublin, and the room itself as well as its location was perfectly suited to our needs. The apartment is close to several bus-lines and a tram to get into the center of the city, additionally if you're up for the walk, you can get their in ~40 minutes and pop in on several attractions on the way (including the beautiful Phoenix Park). True to other reviews, the bed in the room we rented was incredibly comfortable and the neighborhood, very quiet. Additionally Liam sat down with us upon our arrival and went over a map so that we could get our bearings with the neighborhood and Dublin, which I found to be incredibly helpful in the context of having a short trip where we wanted to maximize our time. Lastly, Liam laid out a lovely breakfast in the morning for us, which was certainly beyond my expectation. Overall, it was a great experience and Liam was a wonderful host.
Liam was very welcoming, he picked me up from the airport bus station and was also very hospitable during my stay, provided even breakfast and maps to get around. He also had good suggestions for logistics, places to see and restaurants. The room was bright and clean and calm at night. While it is indeed 5 minutes from the center by bus, in rush hours it could of course be more and you need to consider waiting time, which can be considerable at night and on Sundays. As a result, I ended up walking at times and Temple Bar pubs happen to be 40-45 minutes away on foot, but you get to walk along the river which is a nice experience.
Many thanks for your review Reka, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at my place. Just to mention for other visitors that Dublin has a very efficient public transport system ranging from buses, trams, taxis to city bikes.
I also provide access to the Dublin Bus app for smartphones which gives real time timetables so there should never be a need to wait for a bus at anytime. Buses run all day long and also throughout the night so my place is easily reached from the city centre in 5 mins via special bus lanes and very cheaply, for the adventurous there's the option of hopping on a city bike. In addition taxi cabs at night are not expensive and are plentiful. Most people in their reviews refer to how accessible my home is. I think it's important to clarify this point for future guests. All the best, Liam.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews