Best thing about this apartment is location, spacious, and great lighting
2 bedroom and 1 bathroom on 9F floor (with elevator to 8F)
it's conveninently located by xin yi and da'an
-MRT: This apartment is 3 minutes walk to the Da'AN MRT station (brown line), one station away from (zhong xiao fu xing)
and the Xinyi line should be available by the end of the year, it will be 30 seconds walk to the station
-BUS: tons of buses around to get anywhere, easily get to shi da or NTU
-TAXI: lots taxis loiting around but that's most places in taipei
-street vendor: tons of food vendors right down stairs
-restaurants: tons of restaurant and shops in the vicinity (3-7 min walk)
-supermarket is about 7 min walk
-to eastern area (東區) (12 minute walk)
-to xin yi is about 10 min drive, but MRT will soon be ready, they say end of year but i'd guess early next year
the space total about 27 ping = 90 sq meters = 950 sq feet
it's not easy to find an apartment this big, the rooms are average sized but there's a big spacious living that shows on this ad
plus here's a big patio outside, also uptairs, you are free to use them, you can see the 101 from the apartment
-free internet (wifi only)
-washer and dryer (one unit)
-small tv (tube)
fully independent access to the apartment
free to use the kitchen
i typically can only do late check in on weekdays since i work
i'll try to come and talk to my guests, and make sure everything is ok during the stay
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$20 / night after the first guest|
|Weekly Price:||$350 /week|
|Check In:||7:00 PM|
This was my first experience with BnB and it had been great, need to think twice before I book another hotel again. I was going to Taipei with 5 guys total and we wanted to find a place big enough to fit all of us. I asked many questions before hand since it was my first time and Billy was prompt on answering. He also kindly did favors for me such as providing enough blankets for all of us and collecting packages for us before we arrived. The place itself was big enough to sleep 6 ppl, 2 double beds and 2 couches and it's a unit itself on a roof where you could have the patio to yourself and look down on the area, and see 101, great place to see the sunset and sunrise too. The area itself is close to everything and 10 mins taxi from 101, downstairs theres many convenient stores and local restaurants. I recommend this place highly and billy is a great host most def will stay with him again if I go to Taipei!
Great host, very reliable, no frills kind of place but with all the basics.
What a wonderful apartment. Spacious living room, rooftop sense of superiority, surrounded by cool plants, view of the 101... I would like to stay here next time I'm in Taipei.
Billy was a model host. Helpful every step of the way.
Enjoyed our stay very much!
Clean and friendly place.
Billy is a very friendly host and gave us some useful insider tips.
This place was just what I was looking for in this price range. Billy did a good job getting me set up on the first evening. He keeps himself busy with his own day job so you won't feel a 'landlord' breathing down your neck. This is the perfect place for those who need their own space and privacy.
Billy jokes about my sense of direction, but the (website hidden) maps location of the street address is a bit off, so do follow Billy's directions instead of the GPS. :)
Let me list somethings about the place that Billy's description doesn't do justice to, or that he doesn't show pictures for yet:
- There are two desks/tables where you can sit and work on your laptop if needed: a breakfast bar (pictured in the advert), and a study table by the window. I brought work, and alternated between the two.
- The kitchen has all the pots/pans/silverware/plates you'll need. Even spices and oils but you should probably ask before using those :) So it is totally feasible to cook for yourself while you are there.
- It has TWO bedrooms that you can pick from, or if you have more than two people you can probably use both bedrooms. One bedroom is in the hallway so it is more private from the living area.
- There are tons of restaurants and eateries in the neighborhood: traditional stalls, fast food pizza joints, and if you are willing to walk 5+ mins, there are steak houses and pubs you can find along the road to Taipei 101. Also, there are 2-3 convenience stores within a minute or two, and a post office with an ATM. There are also a couple of coffee/brunch places close by that I hit every morning.
- It is already dead close to the nearest MRT station, but in the future (1 year?) there will be another MRT station running perpendicular to the current line. It is already being constructed, so keep an eye out for it.
- The neighborhood is very slightly off the main road so there was no noise (even with construction on the main road), and the nights were peaceful.
- The apartment is on a floor by itself with a large terrace area that no one seems to use (and a set of stairs that can take you to another terrace on top of the apartment).
- The apartment building has its own key and a security guard, so I felt very safe while there.
Best of luck to everyone looking for their next place in Taipei!