Elegant 1-bedroom/ 1-bathroom flat: a great location on a quiet street on the hill between Castro and Noe Valley. The flat is charming and extremely bright and quiet, with craftsman details, hardwood floors, great closet space, and two wood-burning fireplaces (one in the bedroom!). Huge living room with a great view of downtown/Civic Center and the Castro. The flat has a large beautifully landscaped yard and deck with b-b-que and table for 6. It is within walking distance to great shops and restaurants, easy transportation to Downtown/Financial District, with a bus stop at the corner, and 5 minute walk to 24th Street/Noe valley and Castro. Kitchen includes stainless steel refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and stove/oven. Facilities include a washer and dryer, internet, and the house is fully furnished. Renovated bathroom includes ball and claw tub with shower, new vanity and tile floors.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A,M,. Early Check-ins and late check-outs will happily be accepted if at all possible. Back to back rentals may make early/late check-ins impossible.
2. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A,M,. Early Check-ins and late check-outs will happily be accepted if at all possible. Back to back rentals may make early/late his is a NON SMOKING unit. Smoking inside the unit is strictly prohibited. Tenants also agree that any tenant found using drugs or allows others to use drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy of these premises.
3. PETS are not permitted in rental units without written consent from the Owner prior to check-in. Any damage done to the unit by pets will be assessed and charged.
4. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $500 is required.
Damage deposit will be returned providing:
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
d. NO unexpected early check-in or late check-out.
e. The renter is not evicted by Betty or Karen (OWNERS or their representatives) and the local law enforcement.
f. NO excessive noise or disturbances are made during QUIET HOURS defined as hours from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM on weekday and from 11:30pm to 9:00 AM on weekend.
g. No disturbances are made to neighbors and surrounding neighborhood.
h.. NO smoking in unit
i. NO household items including linens and towels are lost or damaged.
j, CHECKOUT procedure is followed
5. QUIET HOUR POLICY: QUIET HOURS are defined as hours from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM on weekdays and from 11:30 PM to 9:00 AM on weekends. No loud noises that could disturb the neighbors from quiet enjoyment of their homes are allowed during this time.
6. MINIMUM STAY - This property requires a TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. Longer MINIMUM STAYS may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than MINIMUM STAY days, the guest will be charged the MINIMUM STAY rate.
7. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken out from the units. Except Beach towels. Beach towels may be taken out.
8. RATE CHANGES - Rates are subject to change without notice prior to rental confirmation.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY IS Four (4) PERSONS (may be revised within below reservation details). If more than Three (3) are in attendance at any given time, there will be an additional charge of $50.00 for each additional guest per day.
10. LOST KEY - A replacement key will cost $25.00 (so please don't lose your key).
This is the third time I've stayed at Betty's Lovely Victorian Flat. It is a comfortable home that has a wonderful feel which you just cannot find in a newer home and certainly not in a hotel. I will continue to seek this place out in future San Francisco trips and highly recommend staying here.
Awesome place. Beautiful view. Super responsive host.
Wonderful home, this is the second time I've stayed there and I would happily recommend it to those who want to stay in an artsy book filled flat in a quiet part of a vibrant neighborhood.
Betty's flat feels like a real home. I stayed there for a couple of weeks while in San Francisco for work. One thing I like to be able to do while in a place for an extended period is cook for myself. Betty's place has an actual full kitchen - lots of people advertise a full kitchen, but many of them lack basics like measuring cups and spoons. Not so with Betty's - real full and equipped kitchen here. The place is also spacious, homey, and has a wonderful view of the Castro neighborhood and downtown (that's the reward for the big hill many people have noted in other reviews). Despite being close to everything, this home is also in a residential feeling neighborhood - close to Noe Valley and the Castro - and its quiet - I am a light sleeper and slept hard without issue here.
My host was very responsive as I was preparing to arrive. She made it clear where the key was and left lights on for me since I arrived late at night. The neighborhood was very beautiful. Her house and the houses on her street were lovely and colorful. I enjoyed exploring the Castro and the Mission neighborhood nearby.
The apartment sits at the top of a hill. Down one side is the Castro and down the other is Noe Valley. Each neighborhood is lively with shops, cafes, etc. The apartment is a traditional Victorian with box beam ceilings and sweeping views. The character of a town is in the in-city neighborhoods. This is a great way to get a sense of San Francisco.
This host has 122 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I spend a lot of time traveling investing in real estate and have a cute little place in Mexico and well as some places to stay in San Francisco and New Mexico.