About This Listing
Your room is in a great three bedroom, shared one bath house located on a cute and quiet street in North Oakland. Bedroom has a full bed, hand crafted headboard, and plenty of shelf, closet, and drawer space for storage.
The room gets great afternoon sun and a view of amazing sunsets. House is newly renovated, with lots of natural light, large kitchen, bathroom with a tub, laundry room, and super sunny backyard. Street parking is easily obtained.
The house has fast wireless internet (50mb down/ 10mb up).
- Kitchen, including gas range and oven.
- Private shelves in refrigerator and cabinets
- Backyard, including grill and seating.
We are nearby to everything by foot, bike, vehicle or public transportation! It is only a 15 minute drive to downtown San Francisco, and 15 minute walk to the BART station. UC Berkeley campus, and downtown Berkeley, are 2 miles away. Plus we are conveniently located only 1 mile to Emeryville shopping centers. Telegragh Avenue is 1.5 miles away and hosts some great restaurants, Pizzaiolo, Dona Tomas, Burma Superstar, as well as a weekly Sunday farmers market. Berkeley Bowl and Wholefoods Market are within 2 miles.
We are located in between Ashby and Macarthur Bart stops. Each is about a 10 minute walk, or a few minutes by bike.
For those who are traveling, we are located only 23 minutes from the Oakland Airport and 35 minutes from the San Francisco International. Transit buses 12 and 18 have stops close to the house.
Other Things to Note
Our house is professionally cleaned twice a month. Your room will be cleaned as well (floors, windows, etc) and your bed linen and towels will be cleaned and changed. The cleaning cost is included in your Airbnb rate - there is no additional fee.
Thanks for staying with us and welcome to our house. Below is helpful information for you to have an enjoyable and peaceful stay at our house. We look forward to having you. Please feel free to ask any question.
Check-In / Check-Out:
- Check in is after 2pm
We will be in touch to coordinate your arrival.
- Check out is before 11am
Please leave room as you found it: take out trash, don’t leave papers or dishes. You can leave bed, and towels as is.
Getting Settled In:
- The 2nd drawer in the bathroom is where you can keep your toiletries.
- The refrigerator in the kitchen is for our guests. Keep your food in the area marked with your name.
- Dry food storage is in the bottom of the in built in cabinet. Your area is marked with your name.
- Please keep personal possessions in your room
Noise / Quiet Hours
- We realize everyone is going to be on different schedules, so we’ve adopted quiet hours from 10pm-8am. Please complete your cooking, showering, and other activities in common areas before 10pm, and limit them before 8am.
- Be mindful to shut doors as quietly as possible at all hours
Coming & Going:
- Please lock door before leaving, even if someone else is home
- Your key works on front & back door.
- The house is cleaned every other Thursday, starting at 9am. It’s advisable to tidy your room before house cleaner arrives
- After using kitchen, clean, dry and place dishes back in the cupboard after use and wipe down kitchen surfaces, including stove
- If you are staying more than 2 weeks we ask that you take your turn emptying dishwasher, taking out trash, and recycling
Kitchen & Cooking:
- Feel free to use pots, pans, utensils etc as you find them in the cupboards.
- When you’re finished cooking, clean all pots and pans, and place items in the dishwasher. If you do leave items to dry, please come back to them when your meal is finished -- no dishes are to be left drying overnight.
- Please plan your meals to be complete, including dishes, by 10pm.
Laundry / Washing Machines
- Feel free to use the washer and dryer. Remember to clean the lint trap on the dryer.
- There’s a clothesline and clothespins off the back porch for air drying.
- No laundry after 10pm
- No overnight guests, or parties.
- No pets
- There a bike rack in the back of the house. Feel free to store your bike in the back yard. The side gate opens, and the dog fence can be unclipped from the fence to get through. It’s best to lock your bike. No bikes in the house.
We have four awesome downstairs neighbors: Omar, Paula, Sam, and pug, Luna.
We ask that you tread lightly to minimize the noise for the downstairs neighbors. This includes going up/down front and back stairs and shutting doors quietly. Please do not wear high heels or other shoes that would be loud through the floor.
- Street parking is easy and free. Take notice of street cleaning signs and move your car during street cleaning hours to avoid tickets.
Welcome to Oakland,
Frank and Mackenzie
Frank and Mackenzie were terrific hosts! Really enjoyed my stay. Beautiful home, friendly faces every day, couldn't ask for more. Plenty of great places to explore around the area as well - just a 15-20 minute walk from two awesome street shop areas with Temescal and Rockridge close by!
Frank and Mackenzie are fantastic hosts! I stayed with them for three months while working and internship in downtown Oakland. Their home was charming, clean, and well prepared for Airbnb guests. Conveniently located on major bus routes, I was able to get to/from work and groceries stores. BART is also within walking distance for trips to SF. Overall, very positive experience and would highly recommend!
Mackenzie and Frank were wonderful hosts! Before I arrived they provided information about the area, how to get to the house from the airport, etc which was very helpful.
The photos don't do the house justice! It's beautifully decorated and the everything was really clean. It's also really spacious so you don't feel at all cramped. It really does feel like a home rather than just a place to sleep.
It was great getting to know Mackenzie and Frank during my stay, they are both so friendly but are also happy to let you enjoy the space of their lovely house as you wish!
The house is a short walk from the Bart station and bus stops so the location is ideal.
I'd recommend Mackenzie and Frank's house to anyone thinking of staying in Oakland! Thanks for a wonderful stay :)
Frank and Mackenzie are very friendly and welcoming hosts. They were always open for communication and gave a lot of useful information about living in Oakland.
The house is very nice, accurate and clean. All descriptions and photos at the web page are totally correct.
Neighbourhood is quite safe and quiet. The place is really quiet at night time and is perfect for sleeping.
Overall, great place to stay, highly recommended! I really wanted to stay longer, but unnfortunately the room was already booked by somebody else.
I had a great time at Mackenzie's place. Nice location, clean, very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again :)
Mackenzie is a great hostess. She is helpful with finding your way around the neighborhood and surrounding cities. Mackenzie caters and will sometimes leave goodies to try, so thoughtful. Her home is right off a major road and in walking distance to public transit. Glad I found her place to stay while working in Oakland!
I had a wonderful time at Mackenzie's place. The room is bright and beautiful. She is a warm and generous hostess, very helpful if you need advice. I loved her style. The other guests seemed to have felt the same way, comfortable and at home. The neighborhood is beautiful and friendly. I felt safe and enjoyed walking everywhere. The closest BART sation is Ashby, a nice walk of about 15 min. away. From there you get anywhere in San Francisco or the Bay Area,
I do recommend Mackenzie's to anyone who plans to stay in the Bay Area.
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Mackenzie And Frank
Held on Tuesdays52nd Street Oakland CA 94609
Hole in the wall type bar. Shuffle board and free popcorn!Claremont Avenue Oakland CA 94618
famous for their chicken sandwich. there is also a tofu version.Telegraph Avenue Oakland CA 94609-2014
good consistent food. samosa soup is my fav!Telegraph Avenue Oakland CA 94609-2023
Held on Sundays.Oakland California
ample space. good food.Telegraph Ave Oakland CA 94609
favorite grocer. wide variety of produce at great prices.Oregon St Berkeley California 94703
favorite grocer. wide variety of produce at great prices. (2 locations) this location is bigger/newer b. bowl.Heinz Ave Berkeley CA 94710
one of my favorites. d/t oakland.Telegraph Ave Oakland California 94612