About this listing
I live in this apartment myself and rent it just whenever traveling or out of town. This means that there might be some personal things lying around, although I try to reduce that to a minimum and have not received any bad feedback for that so far :)
Although there are some personal things in the apartment, like clothes, books, etc., you'll have enough place to hang your clothes and you'll enjoy a well maintained and professionally cleaned apartment.
The apartment is located in the heart of Vienna, right next to the first district - Viennas old city center (you can reach it within three walking minutes).
- T H E A P A R T M E N T -
You will enjoy a very clean and recently renovated place with brand new furniture. The lovely decoration makes the apartment the perfect place to relax after a long sightseeing or working day in Vienna! The place is spacious, offers 70 square meters and is basically divided in a full kitchen, a comfortable living room and a fantastic bedroom. Toilet and bathroom are freshly renovated as well. Although you will find yourself in a prime city center location, you won't be bothered by any street noise at all as the apartment is oriented towards the old and secluded backyard!
- Free-of-charge high speed internet with WiFi-access
- Flat screen TV with appropriate cables to connect your computer with
- New, well picked and high quality furniture
- Bathroom with large walk-in shower
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Premium kitchen with all necessary cooking supplies and tableware; of course there's also a large fridge and modern dishwasher included (you might need it, if you plan to stay for a longer time)
- Tower fan and mobile air conditioner for the warm summer days, you'll hopefully be able to enjoy
- Heating (of course) for the pretty cold winter days
The best about the apartment is its location! I can guarantee you that you will love the surroundings and the premier and central location. Several embassy's (France, Great Britain, Ireland, Brasil, China, Germany, Serbia, Croatia) as well as some great hotels (Intercontinental Vienna, Grand Hotel, Hotel Imperial, Hotel am Konzerthaus, Ritz Carlton) make the area to one of the safest, most exclusive and desirable living areas in Vienna.
Within 10 walking minutes you will be able to reach:
- Viennas famous Ringstrasse and the first district (old historic city center)
- Major Viennese coffee houses (Grand Cafe @ Grand Hotel Vienna, Café Schwarzenberg, Café Imperial @ Hotel Imperial)
- Belvedere (check it out on Wikipedia! it's a complex with a an old imperial castle, a fantastic museum and a stunning garden. In winter you can enjoy the famous Austrian Punsch and hot wine in Belvedere's garden)
- Schwarzenbergplatz (an impressive square with several tram lines and unique architectural highlights)
- Stadtpark (one of the most beautiful parks of Vienna with the famous restaurant 'Steirereck')
- Konzerthaus Vienna
- Sand in the City (Vienna's biggest beach club with fine sand and palm trees and various food and drink stalls for refreshment)
- Various grocery stores, restaurants, bars, pubs as well as a car rental agency
- Famous shopping street Kärtner Straße, Karsplatz, Vienna State Opera and Albertina Museum
== TAKE A LOOK AT THE MAP AND GUIDEBOOK ==
Easy to reach public transportation, all within walking distance: tram lines "2", "71", "D" / tube: U4 Stadtpark / night busses: N60, N66, N25, N38. There's a car rental agency just a couple of minutes away. If you prefer to take a cab occasionally it won't cost you more than approx. €8,00 to almost any central location (Vienna's city hall, Volksgarten, several museums and so on ...) There's a taxi stand in the same street. Moreover the apartment is just one tube stop from "Landstraße", where the City Airport Train (express train from Vienna's airport) arrives.
Other Things to Note
The B E D R O O M offers a very large (180 x 200) leather bed with ubber comfortable bed linen. Furthermore you will have enough space to hang your clothes. If there are three travelers, one can sleep in the living room! There's a very nice and cosy sofa, though you have to respect that it's not a convertible sofa bed. So I won't recommend guests, taller than 1.75 to sleep on it.
I am convinced that you'll love my place and that you'll enjoy your stay in Vienna. Just drop me a line if you have any questions!
I want you to have a good time at my place, however there are three important rules:
> Please respect the non-smoking rule at my place.
> Unfortunately I'm allergic to animal hair, that's why I recommend travelers with pets to look for some other place.
> Don't forget to lock the door when leaving the place :)
Living room with comfortable sitting area! The highboard on the picture was replaced by a lowboard and a flatscreen TV.
About the Host, Nikola
I am graduate student from Vienna / Austria and I discovered AirBnB during my exchange semester abroad in the US. Since I really loved the concept I finally decided to rent out my apartment in Vienna as well. I love the idea of traveling to a place and to stay at somebody's apartment and not in a hotel, since it's less expensive and you don't feel like a tourist, but more like a local.
I'm just finishing up my master studies in international management at the University of Economics and Business in Vienna. In my free time - unfortunately there's not a lot of it - I mostly meet friends for wine, coffee, lunch or dinner; of course love walking around in Vienna, doing some shopping- most times a little bit too excessively- and try to travel.