The vessel is a former RAF rescue boat from the second world war, lovingly transformed into a wonderful home by German craftsmen. The boat is twenty metres long and is currently moored near the center of Barceloña in a state of the art marina.
There are two single births and a double available in a shared space in the heart of the boat and a private double birth with sink station at the stern.
Also a spacious double cabin in the fore peak.
The boat is finished with varnished wood throughout and has lots of deck space and a spacious bridge salon.
The boat is bursting with character, having seen action during the war in its role as a high speed rescue launch for shot down pilots.
Badalona town is on the doorstep and is a lovely pueblo, also only a twenty minute train ride to the placa Cataluna in central Barcalona.
The boat is moored right next to the bars if you really can´t wait to get a drink!
There is an excellent sound system throughout the boat and heating.
Our time on the boat was a m a z i n g ! despite the risk of the weather being bad we took our chances and got rewarded with 19 degrees sunny Badalona, valentines day full moon night on the "Adelheid". we were welcomed very warmly from Chris and Damien, who were super helpful and very cool dudes. the boat is full of character, charisma and stories (if only she could talk!).
we would love to be able to come aboard again ...! the walk to the bathrooms is totally doable and actually very enjoyable on a starry night. we love the area, especially as it wasn't as overcrowded as bcn can get. easily reachable from the city in 15 min max. anyways: i hope to see you all in Berlin again!
thank you for everything x
We enjoyed our time on the boat. Vanessa who lived in one of the rooms was very friendly and sweet. It was very Bohemian! We had lovely dinners on the outside sitting area and it was fun to sit outside and take in the evening air. The kitchen was great for cooking and we ended up sleeping on the deck rather than in the galley which was notprivate. Our friend had a cute room the front of the boat. Very unique and memorable. Bring a towel and the bathrooms were a walk but kept up.
The boat was easy to find and the train left from the airport to the town. The town is very nice in the evening.
The stay on the boat was very nice and relaxing! The boat was a nice old boat with nice interior near Badalona beach. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. Even though the bathroom was a bit far away and that it was sometimes it bit difficult to just wash your hands spontanously for example, it was all in all an interesting stay. Especially Vanessa, who lives on the boat, and Eric were very nice hosts, very relaxed and with good energy. ;) The only thing I regret is that we couldn't get to know Chris and that we just got a late response and affirmation for staying on the boat. But nevertheless I would recommend the place if you want to have a holiday without any stress or a loud citylife. ;) So if you don't need much luxury and if you have no problem with walking much to metro-/trainstation then enjoy your holidays on the boat! :)
I agree with all of the great reviews about Chris. He was very helpful and treated us like a friend. He is probably like that with everyone.
Chris has a nice house-boat. The location of the marina is superb, where you have easy access to a very local, almost private beach, which was one of the best parts of Badalona. At the same time, you have cheaper food and access to everything. Except for the bathroom that was far away, the experience was good. You should stay here if you are looking for a relaxed holiday.
Had an absolutely amazing time on the boat. Chris was very helpful in the lead up to the trip in terms of instructions and directions. When we arrived we met Vanessa who was really good fun and helpful and gave us tips for Barcelona. My pal and I both intend to stay on the boat again when we are next in Barcelona. Also, we found it the perfect distance from the city as we went out some nights in central barcelona around las ramblas but on the other nights we went to some of thebars and clubs around badelona which were also a lot of fun! Can't recommend it more, thanks a lot Chris.
This place is like no other. Right beside the Badalona beaches, just outside Barcelona, close to the supermarket and train station, it's a slice of heaven. The boat is like staying in a cabin or cottage. It's not fancy, so don't think you're getting a hotel stay! The bed my friend and I shared was cosy, clean and comfy.
Badalona is much less touristy than Barcelona, in fact we barely saw any tourists while there. There are tons of amazing restaurants only a 15 minute walk away in the town, and everything is much cheaper. The beach itself is reason enough to stay here as its so close, clean, and much less populated than city beaches.
Vanessa, who is currently living on the boat, was an absolute delight and made our stay that much better!! The best part of our stay here was relaxing on the hammock on the boat watching the sunset, absolute perfection.
Was very sad to leave, but so thankful we stayed here. Big thanks to Vanessa for being a total doll and Chris for letting us stay here! If you want something off the beaten track, away from the city stay here, you will not regret it!
The reservation was canceled 26 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Très déçue sur plusieurs points pour notre première expérience Airbnb (heureusement, les suivantes ont étés parfaites !) :
- Nous n’avons jamais vu Chris, c’est une jeune femme habitant sur le bateau, charmante au demeurant, qui nous a accueillis. Et nous n’avons pas eu plus de nouvelles pour savoir comment ça s’était passé, pendant ou après.
- Le bateau n’est absolument pas entretenu, il y a de la poussière partout, les fenêtres ne sont pas nettoyées depuis longtemps, le sol non plus, pas plus que les matelas extérieurs ni les boiseries, il y a du bazar partout, des prises électriques dans tous les sens… on ne sait pas ce qui est à Vanessa de ce qui est disponible pour nous, quant à se faire un petit déjeuner ou à manger, même pas en rêve.
- La « chambre » qui nous est accordée est à la proue du bateau, pas de photo évidemment car c’est petit, avec des câbles électriques partout, aucune déco, et l’ouverture pour la lumière et l’air, qui donne sur le pont, se fait juste au-dessus de la tête de lit. La housse enveloppe une couette extrêmement sale et usée. Les draps sont dépareillés. Pas de linge de toilette à disposition.
- En même temps, la salle de bain, notée sur le site comme « non renseignée » mais pourtant en photo, n’est pas utilisable, on nous a fait comprendre qu’il fallait aller au bout du quai et qu’il y avait des douches publiques. En effet, la pompe des toilettes ne fonctionne quasiment pas, aucun produit de toilette à disposition, et le comble, sous les lattes cassées du plancher de la « salle de bain », on voit l’eau dans les cales, et le niveau est haut ! donc on a le droit aux odeurs et aux moustiques.
- Bref, ce bateau en bois pourrait être une merveille avec un peu d’entretien, de vide et de ménage, mais il est laissé à l’abandon et les photos ne sont plus du tout d’actualité. (pas de fauteuils, ni dans le carré, ni sur le pont, plus de lampes, mais des torches accrochées à la va-vite, n’importe où…etc…).
- A déconseiller sauf si on aime VRAIMENT le côté bohème, et à ce prix-là, c’est totalement excessif.
We had a great time on the boat. Chris was easy to deal with, and Vanessa (who was on the boat at the time) was super friendly and very helpful. However, this is a pretty basic camping experience, and there are a few things you should know:
- bring towels.
- the water on the boat is not really useable, or the toilet, so you have to go to the marina bathroom, which is a two minute walk away.
-parking is available at the marina, for about $13 Euros per day, or you park on the street across the train tracks, a 6 minute walk.
-the boat can be very humid, so I might think twice about renting it in winter, as it can get cold in there, but in summer, it should be no problem. Keep the boat well ventilated during sunny days, to dry things out a little...
We went there to use as a base to visit Barcelona for a few days, which worked out great, with the train station about 15 minutes away on foot (about 1 Euro per trip to Barcelona, a 20 minute trip). It turns out that Badalona has a great museum with Roman ruins, great beaches, and a pretty nice market and shopping area.
All in all, we had a great time on the boat. Oh, and make sure you park legally at all times, as they are super stiff on that in Badalona.