Our home is a beautifully light, modern apartment in Vinegar Hill (tiny little cute cobble stoned area right next to Dumbo!). The whole building is brand new. We are the first occupants and we love it :) We are Brits and are going home to visit our families so just wanted to rent the place out while we're away.
- It's a 5 minute walk from the York Street F train which gets you to Manhattan in 1 stop/5 mins, and to deeper parts of Brooklyn such as Cobble Hill, Carroll Gardens and Prospect Park.
- There is also the High St A/C train which takes you to the West side of Manhattan.
- There are lots of local Taxi companies and lots of yellow cabs around too!
It's a fantastic vibrant area where you can take a break from the energy of Manhattan, yet have it within a minute's reach. You can also walk to Manhattan over the famous and beautiful Brooklyn Bridge. We're 2 minutes from the water and Parks on the water's edge. You also have the popular 'Vinegar Hill House' restaurant round the corner, as well as lovely Dumbo restaurants, coffee shops, book shops, galleries, and quirky (website hidden) Ann's Warehouse for brilliant theatre, and Galapagos Art Space for intellectual shows. There is so much to explore.
As for Amenities in the apartment/building:
- Brand new kitchen; big fridge, freezer, oven, microwave
- Brand new bathroom with bath, shower + toilet
- Lovely light bedroom with super comfy Queen size bed with clean, fresh sheets, goose down duvet, and black out blinds
- Amazing air con units
- Washer and Dryer (trust me that's a luxury in NY)
- Big TV which hooks up to a laptop so you can watch movies
- Free wifi
- Lovely spacious kitchen/living room area with bar stools, dining table and enormous sofa!
- Book shelf with lots of books + magazines :)
- Roof terrace with sun loungers + tables and incredible views of Manhattan
- Gated apartment building
- Post Box
Food places nearby:
- Grocery store round the corner on York Street
- Groceries in stores in Dumbo (Bridge St, Jay Street)
- Peas and Pickles which has everything you need
- Foragers which is an amazing Deli which has a coffee and smoothie bar, Balthazar Pastries, and every delicious thing you could ever want to eat!
- You can also use Fresh Direct and get fresh groceries delivered
- Grimaldi's (famous pizza place)
- Brooklyn Bridge Ice-cream for a summer's day treat
- Gran Electrica - fabulous new Mexican with a cool beer garden outside
- Vinegar Hill House
- Hillside Cafe
- Atrium - fancy restaurant
- Almar - Mediterranean
- Siggy's - Organic super healthy
- Rice - Thai restaurant
- 68 Jay St Bar - amazing pizza
- Superfine - delicious American style food
- River Cafe which is actually on the water! V fancy!
- Several in Dumbo; Superfine, Olympia, Hillside House, Gran Electrica....
- Zip car is a 5 minute walk away
- You can rent bikes from Brooklyn Bridge Park if you want to whizz around the city and avoid the subway
Something to note:
- We do not allow smokers in our apartment, but you can smoke on the balcony!
- We are not allowed pets.
We are also great hosts :) You are welcome to use anything that we leave out for you (e.g. our laptop, cooking equipment etc.). If you give us a heads up on anything you need, we will do our best to accommodate and prepare the apartment for your stay. We're also flexible about check in and check out time, so please get in touch and we can figure out what works best.
We really hope this beautiful little home tickles your fancy!
Our stay in Orlaith and Joe's lovely apartment in Dumbo was just perfect. I was over in NYC for a work conference in Midtown and it was really easy to hop into the city every morning on the subway. The apartment was lovely and warm, even though there was a blizzard on outside, and it had all the modern conveniences you could ask for - including a nice hot shower and a really comfy bed (the building also has a cool roof garden + a gym). The area itself is quiet and felt safe and there are some great little nearby places like Vinegar Hill House for amazing food, ReBar for craft beers and The River Café for amazing views of Manhattan. DUMBO itself if full of cool little shops and cafés. The handover of keys etc was really smooth and I woudn't hesitate to recommend Orlaith and Joe's place to any of my friends - we really felt at home instantly.
P.S. Brooklyn itself is worth exploring on its own if you've already covered a lot of Manhattan.
Colm & Maura
Orlaith's apartment was exactly as advertised! A beautiful, secure building just two blocks away from the main shopping area in DUMBO! The apartment was very bright, clean and spacious. The bed was incredibly comfortable and had plenty of room for my wife and I and I am not a tiny guy! We enjoyed the balcony and the view from the roof top deck was outstanding! Looking at the Manhattan skyline while sipping wine was one of the highlights of our visit! The AC in the apartment worked fabulously and was greatly appreciated since it was hot and humid outside! The building has an elevator which we appreciated greatly and the refuse room was just across the hall and made keeping the apartment tidy very easy. The entire apartment had great finishings and we really felt like we were staying in a five star hotel. Everything worked wonderfully and checking in was effortless as Orlaith's friend was waiting for us when we arrived. Girmaldi's Pizza (one of our favorite pizza places in the world) is only three blocks away and the Brooklyn Heights Promenade and neighborhood is about a ten minute walk. The F subway is only two blocks away from the apartment and the ride into Manhattan took about five minutes. This is a GREAT apartment to stay in and we HIGHLY recommend it to all AIRBNB travelers!
Orlaith's place in DUMBO was fantastic. It is centrally located with easy access around Brooklyn and into Manhattan. When I arrived, the place was freshly cleaned with new sheets and fresh towels. It was like a private hotel... much more than I expected for my first AirBNB trip. Thanks!!!
We LOVED staying in orlaith's apartment! It's beautiful, clean, and in a convenient and fun neighborhood. Orlaith was wonderful to deal with, and the apartment really felt like a second home. I miss it already!
Orlaith is such a lovely person to deal with. Great communication, very easy transaction with accessing the apartment, generally all round awesome experience. The apartment itself is perfect, beautiful, clean, with everything we needed including the comfiest bed we've ever slept in, literally. That bed was insane. Was very gracious when my son took to her comforter with a blue marker... eep! Thanks Orlaith, we'll come back again!
Orlaith left her keys at a lovely corner restaurant for us - easy to retrieve. Her apartment in new, clean and has everything you need to make for a comfortable hassle-free NY visit. Her apartment is in the new hipster area of DUMBO Brooklyn where you'll find a host of cool shops, independent grocers and alternative cafes within walking distance....Cobblestone streets and the perfect mix of old warehouses w/ refurbished shops and a few new condos make this neighborhood interesting. Oh, and did I mention that there is a lovely park under the bridge nearby and Its also only 1 train stop into Manhattan. We were very happy with our stay in her spotless new building/apartment and look forward to staying again.
My wife and I spent Christmas in Brooklyn at Joe and Orlaith's wonderful DUMBO apartment. Location was awesome (close to the F train), and the apartment itself was clean and spacious. Having a kitchen and laundry were wonderful. Highly recommended.
The apartment is simply great. The building is brand new and everything just works.
Even though we never met the hosts (they were travelling) they made sure we had all the info we needed. We didn't have any single problem while at their place. The apartment is roomy, the furniture comfortable and the bathroom huge by NYC standards. Having a washer/drier inside the apartment is a plus, too.
The location is great, just a 5 minute walk from York Subway Station (one station away from Manhattan using the F line). You can be in Downtown Manhattan in less than 20 minutes from the moment you walk out of the apartment. There's plenty to do and see in the area, including restaurants and grocery/pharmacy shops. While the area closer to the bridges is noisier, the apartment was calm and quiet (there's a school next door but it didn't bother us at all).
If you want to enjoy Brooklyn and be extremely close to Manhattan, this is a wonderful choice. I can't think of a better AirBnB experience: you just can't go wrong with this lovely apartment!
Orlaith & Joe's apartment in Dumbo, Brooklyn is perfect for a stay in New York City! The whole apartment building is very new. The apartment itself was spotless when I moved in and is very spacious and only 5 minutes walking distance from the nearest subway station (York Street). Their bed is super comfortable. The neighbourhood is really nice as well. I had a great time and everything worked out perfectly. I would recommend everyone staying at their place for your next visit to New York! Thank you for making my first Air BnB experience a wonderful one!