Casitas Kinsol is a Guest House with 8 rustic rooms for rent in Puerto Morelos, on the Mayan Riviera, 25 minutes South of the airport international of Cancun, conveniently located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, and 4 blocks from the main bus stop in town. It resides in the heart of "La Colonia" (the part of the town where the locals live) of Puerto Morelos and only 2 miles to the beach: this is the perfect location for a full immersion in a Mexican neighborhood.
Surrounded by many eateries, grocery stands and stores, the guest house offers 8 romantic and rustic rooms and bungalows: 4 with kitchenettes and 4 without. All the rooms have basic amenities at low prices for double occupancy. The rooms come with private baths, hot showers, air fans and each with unique décor designed by the owners. Most of the rooms come with WiFi. 3 dogs are full-time hosts on the property.
- All our rooms are now listed on AirBnB so that you can choose the one that you really like. We may have some rooms available even when the AirBnB calendars show no availability - Please contact us to inquiry about availability -
THE ROOM 2:
- The Cozy Room is the smallest room offered with one full-size (double) bed only, yet completely cozy for one or two people. It used to be a hut with a thatched roof and apparent stones on two of the walls. The roof has been converted to stucco on the original wood beams with skylights that bring plenty of light in the room and let you admire the moon from your bed. It has screened windows throughout. No kitchenette. Hot shower in the private bathroom. Located on the ground floor. -
A DIFFERENT CONCEPT IN LODGING:
- No luxury. Rustic bungalows / huts (palapas) and rooms with a touch of sophistication that comes from the unique and personal decoration of each room. Only 8 cabins/palapas (bungalows) give a cozy ambiance and friendly atmosphere. Some rooms come a thatched roof - The breakfast is not provided -
A VERY CONVENIENT LOCATION:
- You are downtown Puerto Morelos, the town, two blocks from the main square on the West side of Highway MX307; however you will wake up to the multiple songs of the birds and the roosters.
- Less than five minute drive to the beach (2 miles). We rent bicycles (at extra cost) so that the beach appears even closer.
- Easy access to cheap public transportation (minibus or taxis). The first class long range bus stop (ADO) is 3 blocks away, within walking distance.
- Less than 8 minutes drive (5.5 miles) to the newly open convention center of CancunMesse.
- Half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen; this is the perfect location to explore the Riviera Maya (25 minutes to the airport of Cancun, 35 minutes to Cancun, 30 minutes to Playa del Carmen, 1h45 minutes to Tulum, 4 hours to Chichen-itza).
- In the heart of the local population: this means that you can find plenty of affordable and tasty small restaurants and eateries within 2 or 3 blocks around the property. Convenient stores, mini-market stores, grocery store and also fruits and vegetables stands are nearby: get a quart of freshly squeezed juice for less than MX$15.00 Pesos -
- GPS coordinates:
- Latitude: 20°51'27.66"N
- Longitude: 86°53'58.38"W
- Rates starting at $28.00 US dollars per night for a couple ($10.00 US Dollars per extra person per night). This price includes:
- a clean bedroom with its private bath (with hot water in the shower).
- each room comes with one full size bed. Some rooms have also an extra individual bed.
- a fan in each room - No A/C: the natural breeze, the shade provided by the vegetation and the traditional materials used in the construction of the bungalows and the rooms help provide most of the rooms with a nearly constant temperature.
- WIFI wireless internet access reach all rooms (except the room 8): so, bring your own laptop or web enabled phone. -
PERSONALIZED SERVICES AND FRIENDLY ATTENTION:
- We (the owners) spend endless hours on the property and we love to do our best to make sure that your stay will meet all your expectations. We know most of the "out-of-the-beaten-paths" tours, excursions and hidden paradises of the area; feel free to ask for advises and recommendations -
PETS ARE WELCOME:
- We have pets on site: three dogs (a mini pinscher and two "malich"): they work hard as hosts and they love to be petted at any time of the day or the night. Your pets are welcome (at extra cost) if they are well behaved and friendly to other pets and humans. They are NOT allowed to jump on furniture, to be on the bed / to be in the bed -
VISITORS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD:
At Casitas Kinsol, we have had visitors from 69 countries:
Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Basque Country, Belgium, Brazil, Bosnia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, England, Estonia, Euskadi, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, La Reunion, Lithuania, Mexico, Mongolia, Monte Negro, Netherlands, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tahiti, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, ... -
Feel free to look at our web site for more information and photos: you can find it by doing a search with the keyword "Casitas-Kinsol".
Common areas accessible to the guests:
- the yard / garden
- the relaxation area with hammocks.
- the sitting/dining area: if the guests order some food (pizzas, tacos, ... for example) from the surrounding restaurants, the guests are welcome to use the sitting/dining areas. Most of the eateries and restaurants in the neighborhood will have food ‘to-go’/ ‘to-take’.
- the hammocks in the yard.
- the sitting areas in the yard.
- the range, the utensils and the ingredients and food in the common kitchen area. The guests can use the range in the common area only to prepare coffees and teas. NO COOKING or MEAL PREPARATION is allowed in the common kitchen area.
We interact as much as we possibly can with all our guests. When the opportunity arises, we love to go with our guests, on a tour to some local attraction, or, for a drink at a local neighborhood bar or even a snack at a local restaurant. All the proposals to go out are always welcome.
The town of Puerto Morelos is splitted in two parts: the beach area that is the touristic area and the township also known as "La Colonia". The swamp area is 2 miles wide and it divides the town between the port area (touristic area) and the township (the local area). Casitas Kinsol is located in the heart of the neighborhood called "La Colonia", 2 blocks from the main square / park of the township.
Casitas Kinsol is surrounded by many eateries, small restaurants, convenience stores, mini-markets, grocery stands and stores, bakeries, butcher, …, Casitas Kinsol is the perfect location for a full immersion in a Mexican neighborhood. Everything is at walking distance. The food is very inexpensive and very tasty (packed with local flavors). It is safe to walk at any time of the day or the night; and the locals are very friendly. The main park is family oriented: the Fridays and Saturdays nights see many kids and families enjoying a simple life (ice-creams, “churros”, creps, music, …)
Casitas Kinsol is located:
- 2 blocks from the main square / park where the nightlife on the weekends is intense and very local.
- 4 blocks from the long-range bus stop: these buses can either take you North, towards Cancun or South, towards Playa del Carmen, Tulum and the border with Belize. There are plenty of buses (first class buses from the ADO company) or small vans (called "colectivos"); they run from 5:00 am until midnight every day of the year.
- 2 blocks from the local urban buses pick-up.
- 1 block from the local urban buses drop-off.
- 25 minutes from the airport of Cancun.
- 35 minutes from Playa del Carmen and Cancun.
- 1h45 from Tulum.
- 4 hours from Chichen-Itza
- Latitude: 20°51'27.66"N
- Longitude: 86°53'58.38"W
- The beach area is at 2 miles.
- There are many taxis in town. We can call a taxi for you and it will be a the gate of Casitas Kinsol in less than 1 minute. The nearest taxi station is 4 blocks away and the taxis are available 24/7. A taxi to the beach is 25.00 Pesos (around $2.00 US Dollars) per ride.
- Local small buses loops between the beach area and the township until 8:00 pm. Almost every 10 to 15 minutes. 6.00 Pesos (around 50 cents of a Dollar) per person.
- We rent bicycles. 50.00 Pesos (around $4.00 US Dollars) per bicycle for 24 hours.
- We are at 4 blocks from the bus stop: the buses can either take you North towards Cancun or South towards Playa del Carmen and Tulum. There are plenty of buses (first class buses from the ADO company) or small vans (called "colectivos") that run from 5:00 am until midnight every day of the year. They cost less than $3.00 US Dollars per person (one way) to reach either Playa del Carmen or Cancun.
- The airport of Cancun is at 25 minutes (around $7.50 US Dollars per person). And Playa del Carmen and Cancun are at 35 minutes. You can reach Tulum in 1h45.
- We have pets on site: three dogs (a mini pinscher and two "malich"): they work hard as hosts and they love to be petted at any time of the day or the night.
Christine fue de lo más amable con nosotras!! Aunque en un inicio pensabamos que la casa estaba a solo cuadras de la playa, realmente esta muy cerca, solo basta tomar un taxi por 20 pesos :) y la playa de Puerto Morelos es hermosa!!!
Casitas Kinsol es un alojamiento que cumplirá tus expectativas con creces!
Tanto Christine como Alain son dos personas encantadoras que te ayudarán siempre en todo lo que necesites y que contarán siempre con una conversación agradable y entretenida. La habitación en la que nos hospedamos mi pareja y yo era muy acogedora y agradable, limpia y bien ordenada. La casa en la que se encuentran las habitaciones es una maravilla sacada de un cuento, Christine ha hecho un trabajo sobervio con todos y cada uno de los detalles de la casa. La vegatación es preciosa y la decoración también.
Aparte, la localización de la casa es perfecta si te gusta disfrutar de unas vacaciones rodeado del auténtico México, no está lejos del puerto (tomando un taxi por 25 pesos llegas al puerto en 5 min) y tienes multitud de sitios super baratos para probar la cocina mexicana.
Un lugar muy recomendable!
Really cute place, very homey. It was a great location for discovering the pueblo, but you could still get to the beach for 25 pesos (2 USD) by taxi. Little restaurants and an awesome bar (micheladas del semafero) are within walking distance. You could also rent bikes and bike to beach. The manager was there when we got there, we just emailed christine when we left from our prior locale. The only recommendation would be if you were planning on staying mult days would (email hidden), lots of bug spray, and even citronella candle. We were only there one night and got a lot of bites! But it may have also been due to the weather as it was quite rainy. Our unit did not have kitchenette but there are others that do.
Amazing find in Puerto Morelos! Beautiful grounds and very unique and well decorated and apportioned rooms. The pictures truly are representative! Christine was very helpful regarding town amenities and attractions. We stayed here on the night before flying out from Cancun and will definitely be staying here again the next time we come back. It is about 30 min south of Cancun airport and a great way to fly into/out of the Yucutan but avoid all the Cancun craziness. Puerto Morelos itself was remarkably charming, with a nice town square right by the beach. Would love to spend more time there!
I had a very nice stay at Casitas Kinsol. I enjoyed staying away from the tourist crowd and Alain was very helpful. I would definitely recommend this to others.
We really like Casitas Kinsol! Our room was very clean and had little flower arrangements that I really like. We also had a little pet who kept us company (a fish).
The place has interesting decoration, Christine recycle and reuse glass bottles and she makes beautiful and creative lamps with them.
Christine and Alan were very friendly and help us with tips and suggestions to get around and do our tourist activities. We didn't stay long but we enjoy our stay there. We recommend the place to anyone who wants to experience the local life of Puerto Morelos!
We stayed only one night but are already plotting to return for a longer stay. We were hosted by Alain, who generously gave us a tour of the property's flora and fauna (which were both exquisite), and also taught us about local and regional history. The room was magical, and exactly what we were looking for. I'd recommend Casitas Kinsol for anyone looking to get off the beaten path and experience something unique and special. The dogs, Taxi and Nena, made us feel safe and at home, as did the little guard turtle. :). Alain recommended a spot where we ate delicious empanadas, sopes, and chilaquiles. Alain and Christine are wonderful hosts and we're grateful for their time and hospitality!
Loved the room and the cleanliness was superb. Christine and Alain were extremely accommodating. My stay was a quick in/out but this affords you to truly experience a neighborhood which is still only a $2 cab to the beach.
I would definitely stay here again!
Christine's place is wonderful for a more authentic experience in the Mayan Riviera. The Casitas are cozy in a gorgeous garden and the hosts give really great information and recommendations. Our stay there was a perfect start to our trip, a real experience of local small town life.
We enjoyed our stay at Christine's adorable Hobbit Village! The casitas and gardens were obviously created by an inspired artist. We wished we could have stayed longer.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT