Our room is located in a listed Wilhelminian style building which was built in 1878. It is located in Prenzlauer Berg (Kollwitzkiez) bordering Berlin downtown and is a great location to explore Berlin from. The flat is shared with a young familiy of three.
• 14 sqm
• quiet, window facing the backyard
• at the back of our apartment
• furnished with original pieces from the 60s
• queen size bed (160x200cm)
• memory foam matress and comfy duvet
We look forward to meeting and hosting you!
• wireless internet (WiFi)
• Kitchen access for breakfast
• Lonely Planet Berlin and other guides
• Towels and linens
• hair dryer
Interaction with Guests
We´re available for any queries prior to and during your stay.
The 'Kollwitzkiez' is one of the hippest districts Berlin has to offer. The streets in our neighborhood have the charm of Parisian boulevards and encompass a wide range of trendy bistros, bars, cafes, restaurants, and grocery stores. There are also other mod cons - pharmacy, bank, coffee shops, ATMs, post office, boutique stores, live music, cinemas etc - - all within easy walking distance (no more than 15 mins). Anything else you desire should be with a 20 minute radius if you take public transport.
Tram M2: 1 minute walk
Subway U2: 5 minutes walk
Both will get you to Alexanderplatz in 5 minutes. Alexanderplatz is the closest hub and from here you have the S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Metro (tram) and Bus network to get you to where ever you wish to go.
Other Things to Note
Note: 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
Since we are private hosts with regular jobs and a small kid, we have some regulations
• please provide a one hour time frame for your arrival
• regular checkin between 6pm - 10pm, earlier checkin can be organized
• checkout by 10am
• fees: earlier checkin 5€, checkin between 10pm and 11pm 5€, between 11pm and 12pm 10€, after 12pm 20 € (arrival after midnight is not welcome, please ask us first before booking)
• Not arriving in the one hour agreed time frame and failing to communicate it at lease one hour before the timeframe = 10€, since we probably have to rearrange our private engagements
• 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
• please be quite in the backyard and the communal hallway, since it echoes a lot in this building
• smoking is strictly forbidden throughout the building, in the backyard, and in the apartment
• visitors are not permitted in the apartment
We had a good recreation in this house. Claudia is very cheerful and hospitable, Lukas is family guardian and their son is very pretty:)
Everything is conform with description. Accomodation is suitable for quiet guests. The only thing that may be useful: the appartment is situated at 4th floor and it isn't easy to bring up the heavy luggage, but elevator isn't available for guests. District is very quiet and good for visiting children's cafes.
Lovely hosts! Polite and easy-going, private but kind. Clean room, comfortable bed, excellent location. The family wakes up early because they have small children, but this worked well with my schedule. The bathroom was spacious and well-organized. It was a pleasure to stay here.
Ein großes Danke an die Gastfreundschaft!!Das zimmer war super und die Gastfreundschaft noch mehr..Jeder Zeit wieder!!!!
Wir haben uns wohl gefühlt.Das Zimmer war genau wie beschrieben, ruhig und sauber.Lucas und seine Familie waren nett und hilfsbereit. Wir können das Zimmer nur empfehlen.
Es war alles klasse...
Sehr flexibel mit der Schlüsselübergaben.
Alles sauber - ein geräumiges Zimmer - gutes Bett.
Öffentliche Verkehrsmittel direkt vor der Tür.
Zum Alexanderplatz kann man auch eben mal zu Fuss gehen.
Die Wohnung liegt nur leider in einer Anwohneparkzone - was bedeutet, wenn man sein Fahrzeug in direkter Umgebung parken will fallen 1,00 EUR pro Stunde am Tage von 9 - 22 Uhr an.
Würde das Zimmer jederzeit wieder buchen.
Nuestra experiencia en Berlin estuvo muy bien.. La ubicación y la habitación excelentes.
The retro room was perfect, lots of space, clean, a nice bed. The location is super, Prenslauerberg offers lots of nice restaurants and the public transport is 1 minute walk away. We expected to rent the room in an appartment with other tourist, after reading other reviews on airbnb. This is not the case with the retro room. The appartment is shared with a young family (2 small children). The family is very quiet and giving their guests all the privacy they need. The family schedule fit our program: sleeping early and standing up early. Comparing with other airbnb experience, the hosts were strictly formal, no interaction at all.
This host has 353 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews