About This Listing
Our room is located in a listed Wilhelminian style building which was built in 1878. It is located in Prenzlauer Berg (Kollwitzkiez) bordering Berlin downtown and is a great location to explore Berlin from. The flat is shared with a young familiy of three.
• 14 sqm
• quiet, window facing the backyard
• at the back of our apartment
• furnished with original pieces from the 60s
• queen size bed (160x200cm)
• memory foam matress and comfy duvet
We look forward to meeting and hosting you!
• wireless internet (WiFi)
• Kitchen access for breakfast
• Lonely Planet Berlin and other guides
• Towels and linens
• hair dryer
Interaction with Guests
We´re available for any queries prior to and during your stay.
The 'Kollwitzkiez' is one of the hippest districts Berlin has to offer. The streets in our neighborhood have the charm of Parisian boulevards and encompass a wide range of trendy bistros, bars, cafes, restaurants, and grocery stores. There are also other mod cons - pharmacy, bank, coffee shops, ATMs, post office, boutique stores, live music, cinemas etc - - all within easy walking distance (no more than 15 mins). Anything else you desire should be with a 20 minute radius if you take public transport.
Tram M2: 1 minute walk
Subway U2: 5 minutes walk
Both will get you to Alexanderplatz in 5 minutes. Alexanderplatz is the closest hub and from here you have the S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Metro (tram) and Bus network to get you to where ever you wish to go.
Other Things to Note
Note: 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
Since we are private hosts with regular jobs and a small kid, we have some regulations
• please provide a one hour time frame for your arrival
• regular checkin between 6pm - 10pm, earlier checkin can be organized
• checkout by 10am
• fees: earlier checkin 5€, checkin between 10pm and 11pm 5€, between 11pm and 12pm 10€, after 12pm 20 € (arrival after midnight is not welcome, please ask us first before booking)
• Not arriving in the one hour agreed time frame and failing to communicate it at lease one hour before the timeframe = 10€, since we probably have to rearrange our private engagements
• 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
• please be quite in the backyard and the communal hallway, since it echoes a lot in this building
• smoking is strictly forbidden throughout the building, in the backyard, and in the apartment
• visitors are not permitted in the apartment
I'll be factual in reviewing this "business " as I've used Airbnb a lot - being both a host myself as well as a guest.
Room: clean, spacious, bright with comfortable bed and plenty of closet storage. Lonely planet and another guide available for guests came in handy.
Bathroom and kitchen: also clean and spacious
Host: polite, yet very impersonal and business like. Although there's an elevator in the building, I had to carry my massive luggage to the 4th floor (on tip toes not to disturb the neighbour's dogs... ideal guests should know how to levitate) I was told the elevator needs a special key, which the host didn't have, yet I saw Claudia taking the elevator just as I was leaving the building.... Just like other guests, the first thing I was asked was to pay the city tax, which I expected to. I was also briefly shown a map of the neighbourhood with restaurants. There was no interaction afterwards aside from the formalities of "hello and goodbye". Hosts were accommodating as I was able to leave my luggage in the room until 6pm to catch a late flight.
Neighbourhood: Nice, safe and very quiet, close to transit.
Tip to other guests: there's a little baby, which naturally cries a lot, so bring earplugs. If you're looking for a place to stay and don't care about interacting with locals, this could be a good choice.
Claudia and her husband were very nice. They helped us find great restaurants in the city.
O quarto é muito bom.
Tive um problema pois não consegui trocar minha passagem e cheguei a noite .
Por isso tive que pagar uma taxa extra por chegar depois das 21 h .
A localização é ótima .
It was a reall good place to stay, a nice part of Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg) so close to Kollwitz Platz and its famous Saturday's morning !
So tasty things there !
The host was really nice, we were late, she waited for us. During our stay here, our privacy was total.
Really a very good tip to be in Berlin !
La habitación es muy linda y cómoda y el departamento está ubicado en una zona inmejorable con accesibilidad a Alexandra platz y rodeado de restaurantes y bares. Es ideal para ir con un plan tranquilo ya que la familia tiene un bebé y un hijo muy chico con lo cual no se puede hacer demasiado ruido y no se puede entrar demasiados tarde. Con la familia directamente no se interactúa nos cruzamos algunas veces y nada más pero son gente muy amable. Es una habitación para quedarse si tu plan no es ir de fiesta a Berlín.
We had a good recreation in this house. Claudia is very cheerful and hospitable, Lukas is family guardian and their son is very pretty:)
Everything is conform with description. Accomodation is suitable for quiet guests. The only thing that may be useful: the appartment is situated at 4th floor and it isn't easy to bring up the heavy luggage, but elevator isn't available for guests. District is very quiet and good for visiting children's cafes.
This host has 363 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews