About This Listing
Perched over a quarter of an acre lot, this unique Craftsman offers a panoramic view of downtown L.A. Nestled among homes in the Silverlake hills, it is still walking distance to Sunset Blvd, restaurant and shops.
It's a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, with large sunroom (which can be used as a 3rd bedroom) with hillside views facing west. It is an early 1900's Craftsman home that has period detail plus modern amenities. It has rustic unfinished wood moldings and built-in cabinets throughout. Hardwood floors are in dining room, living room and bedrooms. Small deck is outback overlooking views. Sunroom is really the biggest and most interesting room because of the views. It has a Queen bed in it. Unfortunately it does not have a closet but it does have a clothes rack. The other two bedrooms will have a queen and a single. The kitchen has pots and pans, utensils and sundry items. Washer/Dryer. Utilities, cable internet and cable TV included. 2 car parking side by side parking space in driveway.
*Please note there is a $125 cleaning fee due upon check in. This is collected in cash or check. Thank you.*
No smoking, no pets, no moving around furniture, no sleepovers
Welcome to 1746 Micheltorena! We hope you enjoy your stay. Please take a moment to read the below Rules, TV & Wireless Network Instructions, and other helpful information.
Please observe the following Rules:
• NO SMOKING. Smoking on the premises may result in the loss of your security deposit.
• NO CANDLES or INCENSE.
• NO PARTIES. No more than 2 or 3 guests are permitted in the unit at any time and not past 10 as those are considered quiet hours. A dinner party is fine just please inform the neighbor ahead of time.
• SECURITY. Remember to close all windows and lock the door when you leave.
• FRAGILE. This house was built in the 1910s and is more fragile than a modern home. Please use special care to gently open and close windows. Please make sure the bathroom curtains are thoroughly closed so water doesn’t escape onto the floor.
• PLUMBING. Due to being an old house, the toilet plumbing is delicate. Please DO NOT FLUSH ANYTHING other than small amounts of toilet paper down the toilet. THANK YOU!
• REAR BACK YARD. The side yard is part of this rental, but it is a communal space. Please be respectful of the other units.
• NOISE. Please be mindful of neighbors including tenants occupying the downstairs unit. As it is an older home, heavy foot traffic can be clearly heard below. Carpets are in place to prevent noise downstairs. About 10pm is quiet hours.
• TVs/DVD. Please do not move the DVD player or the TVs from their present locations.
• FURNITURE PLACEMENT. Please do not move any furniture or carpets. The carpets help for noise mitigation as to not disturb the neighbor below.
• HEATER/AC. Please turn off heaters and central a/c when you leave the apartment. The AC unit if not turned off can result in a bill several hundred dollars higher per month.
Password Key: Daniella
• A Fire Extinguisher is located on the kitchen wall to the right of the refrigerator.
• The garbage and recycling bins in the driveway. Trash comes every Thursday morning. The black trash can is for regular trash. The blue trash can is for recycling. The green trash can is for gardening debris.
• Emergency contact information: Cesar Sanchez: (phone number hidden).
Living at the house was a great experience. The location on the hill and the close proximity to the happening areas in Silverlake and surroundings is a plus. Street parking without restrictions in the street is another plus. The downtown view from the patio is amazing. Everything in the house worked but as you can see, it's an old house with old furniture. Two of the bedrooms are only separated by a small bath and since it's an old house with thin walls this can be an issue for some. The charming kitchen is dated and was a bit understocked for us but this might have changed. The bathrooms are vintage in look and feel as well, wasn't a problem for us but might be for some.
Communication with Cesar was good and prompt - a great host that makes sure you feel comfortable as a guest.
This was our first experience with Airbnb and what a wonderful experience we had. Cesar's home is simply beautiful with it's eloquent Arts and Crafts style and details matching that era. It has beautiful views in a part of LA which made everything from the tourist sites on Hollywood Blvd to Venice Beach and the Griffith Observatory easy to travel to. Cesar was a wonderful host who met us at the house with keys and information regarding the area. We would stay there again in a minute, we had a wonderful time. Thanks again Cesar!
The house is clean and conveniently located. It is sparsely furnished but has a wonderful view from back of the house, with sunlight pouring in in the morning. The oven wasn't working on our visit but I am sure that Cesar, who was very accommodating, will have that fixed before the house is rented again.
This host has 54 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews