Come fall in love with our charming, large, elegant 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home while you enjoy all of the attractions, cultural opportunities and beauty which has made San Francisco one of the world's premiere destinations. If this write-up sounds too good to be true, it almost is! It's our small slice of heaven in the middle of San Francisco.
This 100 year old brick "carriage house" was recently completely and meticulously restored to its original Victorian charm and beauty, while incorporating a wealth of modern amenities. The house is set back off the street behind another building and courtyard (all part of this property), providing a secluded, country-like atmosphere while still in the heart of The City.
The following are some of the specific amenities and features of the house:
- Central heating
- Granite countertops
- Whole-house stereo
- Whole-house wireless and wired high-speed internet
- Whole-house music and video distribution system with hundreds of movies and over 1000 CDs to choose from via TV menus
- Whole-house-cable TV
- 53" big screen TV in living room
- Movie-theater setup in master bedroom
- Jacuzzi tub in master bedroom
- Adorable courtyard & garden with fountain, table & chairs, barbecue, etc. and speakers attached to central music system
- Private rear yard with Jacuzzi and speakers attached to central music system
- Private 2nd floor deck in rear
- French doors and windows throughout
- "Period details" throughout
- Beautiful oriental rugs throughout the home
- Original artwork
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Separate formal dining room with fireplace and speakers attached to central music system
- Formal guest bedrooms
- Separate office with available computers for your use
- Tempur-Pedic queen size mattress in master bedroom (you'll want to buy one after using this for a few days!): (website hidden)
- Front-loading washer and dryer
- Enormous, bright eat-in kitchen has country charm and modern facilities. It is fully equipped with:
- All new gourmet stainless steel appliances (oven, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee maker, etc)
- Commercial oven/range
- Large table which seats six
- Speakers attached to central music system
Located in the thriving "Valencia Street Corridor"... this area has become one of San Francisco's most exciting neighborhoods and likely the hottest nightspot and restaurant area. This area has been featured in articles in the NY Times and elsewhere.
The neighborhood brings together all of the ingredients of active city living :
- Here you'll find the best weather in town (frequently when the rest of the city is under the fog it will be bright and sunny here)
- A mix of amazing restaurants (the best culinary chefs from all over the world work in nearby restaurants and food shops) including Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican, and French
- Tons of hip bars and nightclubs to keep you busy at night
- Many cafes, thrift stores and art/furniture galleries to explore during the days
- Only 10 minutes to Moscone
One block to bus
Two blocks to trolley (Muni)
Three blocks to subway (Bart)
Arrival and departure times flexible - please check in with me if you need an early check-in (before 4PM) OR late check-out (after 12PM).
Agnes was extremely accommodating and really good at communicating with us. You can tell there is a lot of attention to detail on her end. We've had a wonderful stay at her house, the beds are really comfortable and has very nice showers. I would definitely go back if I had the chance. 100% recommended!
The house felt homey (due to the way the furniture and decor was placed) and the surrounding neighborhood was really peaceful and quiet. It had an antique feeling to it and it makes you feel like you went in a time machine to the past. This house really lives up to it's name as a 'Gorgeous San Francisco Home'.
We had a terrific stay in this house and loved the area. Agnes was a wonderful host and always responded quickly when we had a question. The pictures on the website are all accurate. The house is very tastefully decorated and extremely well equipped. We would happily stay here again when we are next in San Francisco.
This home was perfect for our Thanksgiving holiday. We felt very "at home" here even though we were thousands of miles away. The kitchen was large and had plenty of workspace and lots of natural light. The artwork, décor and furnishings were truly lovely and very comfortable. The outdoor patio/gardens were serene and very relaxing as well. The pictures are accurate as to what the house is like and the music, television and sound systems were excellent (which you can't see that in the pictures)! Beds were very comfortable and the house is set back off the street so it was relatively quiet. Of course you could hear the occasional siren but there were no loud bus noises or street noises at night. Location was outstanding - just a block or so to Tartine bakery, Bi-Rite Market and Creamery and Delfina's restaurant to name only a few. Agnes made everything easy and quickly responded to all our questions - she's wonderful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend staying in this gorgeous home away from home.
Hi Agnes - you're a great hostess!! We really enjoyed our time in San Francisco, and your house was a key part of that. Thanks for providing such a comfortable place for us and everything we needed. Thank you too for your flexibility in letting us check in a little early, and responding quickly to any inquiries we had - you're awesome.
We enjoyed eating at The Monk's Kettle - great call.
Great house in very nice neiborhood! We had a very good time. We worked at the kitchen table with the doors to the patio open all day. The whole house is very clean and we could use everything! This with the good company of Mr. pushek, the minute we met I was in love. We had great days together (I hope he miss me aswel) !! This house feld like home (only this was bigger and the weather more beautiful). Thanks again for your hospitality! Kind regards Franca
Our stay was absolutely PERFECT!!! The house was huge, clean, gorgeous, and very comfortable. Also very close to food, drinks, site seeing (central for walking tours through Mission, Castro, Hayes Valley, Haite St, GG park...), BART, etc. We couldn't have been happier w the place and the value. Agnes was great too. STAY HERE!!!
This host has 146 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
My name is Agnes and I live in beautiful San Francisco. I am currently at school, studying Illustration at the Academy of Art and making art takes up most of my time. I also love gardening, skiing and snowboarding and traveling to exotic places.