About this listing
“Living a slow lifestyle is about reclaiming time and spending it in whatever ways bring us happiness…follow your natural rhythms…make sure your time is always focused on what matters most.” The Kinfolk Home
Off Season & Year-Round Rate Only:
Alcohol/Smoke Free Shared Bath King Bed
creative inspiring peaceful restorative transformational quiet restful
King bedroom with shared bath
Accommodates up to two guests
2 night minimum
Peaceful room for one - two persons available nightly, weekly or monthly. Designer and vintage furniture, high ceilings, lots of light. All linens provided. Wi-Fi, shared bath. No Smoking or Alcohol allowed.
Nightly Rates Double Occupancy - Long Term Rates Single Occupancy
Contact Host for Special Offers on Weekly, Monthly, & Year Round Rates
2 night minimum stay on all reservations
3 night minimum stay on all Holiday Weekends
$125 late fee for check in after 9:00 PM unless prearranged with Host.
•No Alcohol or Smoking Allowed Anywhere on the Property
•Exclusive use of private bedroom
•All rates include linens + towels
•Comfortable bed promoting sound sleep
•Secure off street parking for one vehicle
•Limited preferred guests in a harmonious environment
Artists, writers, musicians, poets, runners, cyclists, gardeners and individuals focused on living a consciously aware lifestyle encouraged to respond.
Please contact me including a little about yourself along with your specific needs, photo, verified phone + email.
Looking forward to welcoming you in person and thank you for considering my home as a creative relaxation destination.
Along with your lovely room accommodation, all guests are welcome to use the back yard deck and living room to further enhance your rest and relaxation. We ask that voice levels be kept to a minimum when occupying all areas of the property for the privacy of every guest.
Interaction with guests
As your Host, I am here to offer you excellent service and facilitate your stay in every way possible. After breakfast is served, you may contact me via text message, email, or phone to further answer any questions or concerns you may have during your visit. I will, of course, be here throughout the evening hours to help make you comfortable. We greatly value Guest privacy.
We are 6.5 miles from East Hampton Village. Unfortunately, there are not any recommended restaurants or food stores within walking distance of my location. It is highly recommended that Guests have a nice meal on the way before arrival or plan to visit one of our world-class restaurants in the Village after checking in. There are numerous local taxis that will gladly bring you to East Hampton Village and restaurant of your choice. We supply guests with detailed maps and preferred shopping or restaurant choices.
It is two miles to the famous Springs General Store and Pollack Krasner Museum. The house is conveniently located a short walk to bay beaches excellent for hiking, kayaking and fishing. Ocean beaches are as close as 17 minutes away by car with famed Ditch Plains Surfing Beach in Montauk only a 30-minute drive. Please view our detailed Guide Book and Map for more Information.
Traveling TO and FROM East Hampton:
You have two options on public transportation.
1) Hampton Jitney motor coach leaving hourly from various stops in New York City
2) Long Island Railroad Montauk Line leaving approximately three times per day from Penn Station.
Please feel free to contact us regarding transportation to and from the LIRR or Hampton Jitney stops in East Hampton Village. We are happy to arrange pick up to facilitate your trip out East.
If you want to enjoy the area at your own pace, you can take the train to Southampton and rent a car from Hertz Car Rental across from the train station. Or take the Hampton Jitney to Southampton and rent a car from Enterprise at the Omni Plaza Jitney stop. Southampton is a short 30 minute drive to East Hampton. You are strongly urged to rent a car with GPS to facilitate your travels in the area.
Local Bus & Bicycle Rental:
The local 10B bus runs immediately outside the front and brings you directly into the East Hampton village area where you can transfer to other Suffolk County Transit busses. Get the exercise that you’ve been longing for by renting a bike from Khanh Sports in East Hampton. They have a really cool single speed beach Cruiser with oversized tires for $25/day or a 21 speed Hybrid for $35/day. They offer weekly and monthly rentals as well and will take your reservation over the phone with a credit card.
Other things to note
My Other Listings:
Mind Body Spirit Slow Living
Mid-Century Modern Slow Living
Sea Change Artist's Retreat
You can see all available rooms in my home and read all my reviews by clicking More About The Host (located under my photograph) then View Full Profile.
This is an alcohol/smoke free environment. Non-smoking, non-imbibing guests only.
Prepared Food Take Out & Delivery:
Guests are welcome to bring prepared food to enjoy on the patio deck overlooking the garden (no meals allowed in the rooms). Gourmet deli shopping or eating out is best planned ahead if you are visiting without a vehicle. The nearest recommended grocery store is in East Hampton Village 6.5 miles away. The Springs General Store offers basic good choices but they do not offer delivery. There is, however, Pizza and Chinese delivery available.
For your comfort and ease, please review the House Rules/Etiquette before confirming your reservation.
Small well-behaved dog possible with advanced approval from owner plus a non-refundable cleaning fee.
Parking available for only one vehicle per guest room.
Anyone who is initially attracted to this posting will most likely be incorporating of the following into their lifestyle. However, I feel the ultimate essence of a good experience is to fulfill the guests’ expectations. These points will ensure all guests are comfortable and moving about the property with ease.
1. This is an alcohol/smoke free environment. No smoking anything anywhere on the property. Non-smoking, non-imbibing guests only.
2. Small well-behaved dogs are welcome with pre-approval by owner + non-refundable pet fee. All owners are required to immediately pick up after their pet when in the fenced back yard. No pets are allowed to run freely in the front yard. Dogs are not allowed alone in the house at any time. All pets must be up-to-date on vaccinations and be under flea protection (Frontline, K9 Advantix, etc.)
4. No alcoholic beverages consumed on property.
5. Headsets are required for all media devices.
6. Guests are politely requested to keep voice levels low to protect the serenity of the environment and privacy of others.
7. This is an eco friendly home. We ask that you conserve energy by turning off unnecessary lights when leaving the room and properly disposing of recyclable rubbish. We are happy to inform you of the weather conditions for your impending stay to facilitate proper wardrobe choices.
8. Outdoor shoes/boots are kindly left at the front door.
9. When sharing a bath, personal toiletries are kept in the room. We also request as a courtesy to other guests, you dry hair and apply makeup in your room.
10. Guests are respectfully requested to plan their arrival around 6:00 PM. Late or early arrival only upon prior arrangement with Host.
11. We discourage guests from eating in the rooms.
12. $125 late fee for check in after 9:00 PM unless prearranged with Host.
Thank you in advance for your thoughtful awareness.
Love + Light,
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.