About this listing
The Moreland Guesthouse is unique and affordable lodging set in a charming, 1922 former nun's convent.
Our property features comfortably appointed private guest rooms, a shared dormitory-style bath, fully equipped kitchen, dining room, living room and separate smoking / game area. All of our rooms include DirecTV and free high speed WiFi. Guests that choose the Moreland are looking for the best place to stay for the least amount of money and enjoy the privacy, convenience, flexibility and "home-like" feeling that our guest house offers.
Guests must arrange to check-in after 1:00 p.m. and before 11:00 p.m. Once you have finalized your travel plans, contact us to schedule your arrival time so that our innkeeper is available to greet you, give you a tour of our property and show you to your room.
At check-in each guest is given a key to the guesthouse and may come and go as they please. Guests are also given a key to their private, comfortably appointed guest room. All guests have 24 hour use of a shared kitchen, living room, dining room, butler's pantry and billiard room.
Interaction with Guests
While guests are left with their complete privacy, we are always available to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.
Our guesthouse is nestled on a residential side street in the East Lovejoy Village, an older, working class neighborhood located in the easternmost portion of the City. Also nicknamed Iron Island, as it is almost entirely surrounded by railroad tracks, this once industrial hub was settled by Italian, Polish and German American families who still occupy most of the area today. Here, you'll experience a traditional Buffalo neighborhood lined with single family homes almost all with front porches that people actually sit on and children who play outside in their front yards and in the streets. There is a real sense of community and you'll fall in love with the practical aspects of staying with us.
The Moreland Guesthouse is located just one block to public transportation and offers easy access to and from the Airport, Amtrak, Greyhound and MegaBus terminal. If you are driving, you'll find plenty of FREE street parking nearby. We also offer limited off-street parking, when available.
Amtrak Station - 4 mi / 6.44 km
Buffalo Niagara Convention Center - 4 mi / 6.44 km
Buffalo General Hospital - 3 mi / 4.83 km
Buffalo Niagara Int'l Airport - 6 mi / 9.66 km
Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus - 5 mi / 8.05 km
Buffalo State University - 7 mi / 11.27 km
Downtown Buffalo - 3 mi / 4.83 km
D'Youville College - 7 mi / 11.27
Erie County Medical Center - 3 mi / 4.83 km
Elmwood Strip - 7 mi / 11.27 km
Greyhound Station - 3 mi / 4.83 km
Millard Fillmore Hospital - 3.5 mi / 5.63 km
Niagara Falls - 25 mi / 40.23 km
Ralph Wilson Stadium - 25 mi / 40.23 km
Roswell Park Cancer Institute - 3 mi / 4.83 km
Sisters of Charity Hospital - 3.5 mi / 5.63 km
Shea's Performing Arts Center - 3 mi / 4.83 km
Ski Country - 50 mi / 80.47 km
University of Buffalo South Campus - 4.5 mi / 7.24 km
University of Buffalo North Campus - 7.5 mi / 12.07 km
Wine Country - 40 mi / 64.37 km
Women and Children's Hospital of Buffalo - 3.5 mi / 5.63 km
Other Things to Note
Guests booking this listing should know the following:
-- This room accommodates one guest only. For a double occupancy please submit your request through the listing "Moreland Guesthouse - Double Bed".
-- Government issued identification is required at check-in.
-- Modification requests are subject to availability and are permitted when requested at least one week prior to check-in.
-- The total cost of the modification must be equal to or greater than the original reservation.
-- Modifications requested less than one week prior to check-in will be processed according to our cancellation policy
• Be kind and respectful of other guests.
• Do not use the property of another guest without their consent.
• Clean up after yourself immediately.
• Turn off lights, televisions, fans and like-items when not in use.
• Do not slam doors.
• Lock doors and close gates when entering and exiting the building and grounds.
• No drugs or illegal activities whatsoever in or around the property or our neighborhood!
• Smoking is prohibited except in designated areas.
• Be mindful of other guests while cooking and storing food. Keep food preparation and clean-up to 1 hour total, per meal.
• Do not keep food, dirty dishes or eating utensils in guest rooms.
• Air conditioning units, coffee makers, mini-refrigerators, hot plates, microwaves or any other like items are prohibited in guest room.
• Guest must be fully clothed or wear modest pajamas preferably with robe. Shoes, socks and/ or slippers must also be worn in common areas, including hallways.
• Noise levels should be kept to a minimum on second floor outside of guest rooms.
• Do not cause damage to rooms, common areas or exterior property. Please notify management immediately of accidental mishaps. You will not be penalized.
• Common areas can only be used for their designed purpose.
• Guest may not house personal items in any of the common areas.
• Please refrain from using common areas when they are being cleaned.
• Basement, attic, shed and mailbox are private property and are off limits to guests.
• Do not litter on our property or in our neighborhood. This includes the disposal of cigarette butts. Please throw them away in designated receptacles.
• Guests are fully responsible for their visitors.
• Guest must notify management of overnight visitors and show valid government ID.
• Guest and their visitors may not loiter on the Moreland Guest House property or be disruptive to neighbors or other guests.
• Visitors must not honk horn outside the Moreland Guest House. Visitors should call guests on their personal phones or may ring the doorbell between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
• Guest must not engage in any commercial activities or solicit anyone for financial gain on our property or in our neighborhood.
• Quiet hours are from 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
• Forward any issues / complaints directly to management. We are always trying to make things better and we welcome your feedback!
I had a very pleasant stay at the Moreland Guesthouse. It was quiet and very clean. Plenty of parking on the street and the bathroom/shower was kept immaculate. i would stay there again when visiting Buffalo.
The guesthouse was a great place to stay! As Linda would say: Nothing fancy, but clean! And that's what it was and I enjoyed my stay.
Linda is super helpful and a kind and great person.
The neighborhood was okay... A grocerystore in walking range, so I could cook in the kitchen, but if you want to experience more, you need a car or take the bus.
The Moreland Guesthouse is the place to be in Buffalo. Friendly people, great house and near everything (with a car). If you are hesitating to rent there, fret no more and click the reservation button!
My husband and I stayed in Moreland Guesthouse it was our very first time trying Airbnb. The house was absolutely clean!!.... The room was perfect for the two of us, there were bottles of water along with some treat, a nice welcoming touch!!... Linda was soooo nice and friendly, she showed us around the house!!... She also recommend us couple of places to go during our stayed in Buffalo!.!..
We will definitely stay again in Moreland Guesthouse next time we go to Buffalo!.!..
I came to Buffalo to take the NY State bar exam and stayed in Moreland Guesthouse for 9days. The place was really clean and people were friendly. Linda helped me a lot during the days. I would definitely choose the place again next time if I come to Buffalo.
Mary Jo was the host and met me at the door with a warm welcome and orientation to the guest house.
I was quite impressed with the cleanliness of the facility and would have had a better stay if I wasn't working night shift and attempting to sleep during day hours.
The parking is a bit challenging, although I was pleased with the wide array of spices and kitchen gadgets for use if I desired to cook.
Communication was excellent between the host and the owner of the property! I would certainly stay here again in the future.
I felt right at home here, from the large fridge container for my food (which I don't need) to the tour of the house upon arrival. I got a text from the house manager before I arrived asking about expected arrival time, and it was useful having this to ask questions whenever they arose (like how to operate the TV remote and discuss check-out). A lovely visit.
This host has 15 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Moreland
We are the innkeepers of the Moreland Guesthouse - a small, family run inn. We often say that if we had arms big enough we would hug this place everyday. The Moreland Guesthouse is a very special place.