Sunny, quiet "treehouse" bedroom in restored 1890's-era house. Double bed, private bath plus adjoining sitting room w/sofa, desk, and computer w/free internet access. On second floor, accessible via stairway.
Great residential location just 1/2 block from lively Piedmont Avenue--home of numerous cafes, great restaurants, library, grocery store, theater, Fenton's Creamery, bus access. About 1 mile from BART station; AC Transit bus stop is directly across the street. Close to Lake Merritt, downtown Oakland, Rockridge, Lakeshore, Grand Ave, University of CA, Kaiser Oakland Hospital, Summit Alta Bates Hospital, and Piedmont Gardens retirement community.
Use of microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, and electric coffee pot. Storage space in cupboards and refrigerator. Occasional use of stove/oven for vegetarian cooking is available by arrangement. Many guests prepare their own breakfast in the kitchen and dine out during the evenings as there are many excellent options available in the neighborhood.
Free neighborhood street parking commonly available; free overnight parking (8 p.m. to 8 a.m.) available in nearby Piedmont Grocery parking lot; metered street parking available within 1/2 block. Reserved on-premises parking space may be available through special arrangement at $30/day.
To learn more about the wonderful restaurants, sights, shopping, and culture in our Piedmont Avenue neighborhood, go to (email hidden)/neighborhoods/eb/piedmont
There is so much going on in Oakland! From "100 Things to Do In Oakland":
1. Reach for the stars at the Chabot Space and Science Center
2. Hug a really big tree at Redwood Regional Park
3. Catch the America's Cup spirit by honing your sailing skills at J World Performance Sailing at Jack London Square
4. Sample some great wines and get some exercise by joining a cycling trip with East Bay Winery Bicycle Tours
5. Rediscover the glamour of Hollywood with a classic movie at the Paramount Theatre
6. Bite into a ripe peach at one of Oakland's Farmers Markets
7. Sip tasty teas at the Tea Garden at Numi Tea
8. Pay a visit to the Remember Them bronze statue in Uptown, honoring our champions of humanity
9. Stretch your neck with the giraffes at the Oakland Zoo
10. Captain a kayak on the Oakland Estuary
11. Toast to Jack London with a beer at Heinold's First & Last Chance Saloon
12. Enjoy the sounds of music at Woodminster Amphitheatre
13. Cheer for the home team at an Oakland A's game
14. Relive a moment from the movie UP! with a cone at Fenton's Creamery
15. Gaze at the amazing architecture at The Cathedral of Christ the Light by Lake Merritt.
16. Groove with the jazz at Yoshi's Oakland
17. Shop 'til you drop along Piedmont Avenue
18. Board a yacht at Strictly Sail boat show in Jack London Square
19. Become a kid again at Children's Fairyland
20. Rock your socks off during a concert at the ORACLE Arena
Quiet and comfortable place. I liked the separate room with desk for working. Susan and Mark were friendly and helpful.
I had the pleasure of spending 3 days at this lovely home in the Piedmont area of Oakland. The location is great - close to BART and wonderful local restaurants. The bed is very comfy and it was nice having the use of the adjacent room. Mark and Susan were wonderful hosts. I would definitely stay again.
Susan provided a wonderful retreat for us in a fun and lively neighborhood. We were able to walk and experience the area, but come back to a comfortable and clean space to relax. It was our first Airbnb experience, and we definitely had a great impression!
This is a wonderful place to stay with lovely hosts, great facilities (study and own bathroom) and a friendly area.
I stayed a little over a week as I was apartment hunting in the Bay Area. The room was exactly what I needed and I loved that I had the use of my own bathroom and side room / office room. Susan and Mark were friendly, easy to talk to and made me feel welcome from day one. Their warmth and hospitality made a huge difference in my stay. The area was totally safe, which is important to me as a single woman traveling alone, but obviously, it's still in the city, so always helpful to stay aware (especially at night). That being said, I never experienced any issues. Parking can be a little tricky in the neighborhood, but I always found a spot. I also really enjoyed the location - close to a small grocery store, gift shops and really nice, delicious restaurants all along Piedmont Ave. All in all I had a fabulous experience staying here and would highly recommend Susan and Mark's place to anyone!
Susan and her husband, Mark, were warm and welcoming hosts. They have thoughtfully made all the details of the stay very clear and easy. Their treehouse room was delightful with windows on 3 sides. The neighborhood is a treat with many coffeehouses, restaurants and shops within a few minutes of this location. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Mark and Susan were charming and helpful. Our lodgings were serene, with private bath and sitting room. A wonderful place to stay when we come to visit family in the area.
We came to stay with Susan and Mark on a house hunting mission before moving to the bay. They made it easy to get the key to the house and were friendly, gracious hosts. The room was cozy and clean and exactly what we needed as a staging ground to run around the bay. I can't say enough about the neighborhood: walkable and so cute but still within Uber distance to other cool neighborhoods in Oakland ($12 to Jack London Square). Piedmont Ave. is a really cute little strip with restaurants and shops and we had an excellent dinner at Bay Wolf. Recommended!
Susan's "treehouse" is truly a beautiful haven in a great part of Oakland -- just steps away from the neat shops and restaurants on Piedmont Ave. She and Mark were gracious hosts and I would encourage my friends staying in the Bay Area to choose their room.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT