Sunny, quiet "treehouse" bedroom in restored 1890's-era house. Double bed, private bath plus adjoining sitting room w/sofa, desk, and computer w/free internet access. On second floor, accessible via stairway.
Great residential location just 1/2 block from lively Piedmont Avenue--home of numerous cafes, great restaurants, library, grocery store, theater, Fenton's Creamery, bus access. About 1 mile from BART station; AC Transit bus stop is directly across the street. Close to Lake Merritt, downtown Oakland, Rockridge, Lakeshore, Grand Ave, University of CA, Kaiser Oakland Hospital, Summit Alta Bates Hospital, and Piedmont Gardens retirement community.
Use of microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, and electric coffee pot. Storage space in cupboards and refrigerator. Occasional use of stove/oven for vegetarian cooking is available by arrangement. Many guests prepare their own breakfast in the kitchen and dine out during the evenings as there are many excellent options available in the neighborhood.
Free neighborhood street parking commonly available; free overnight parking (8 p.m. to 8 a.m.) available in nearby Piedmont Grocery parking lot; metered street parking available within 1/2 block. Reserved on-premises parking space may be available through special arrangement at $30/day.
To learn more about the wonderful restaurants, sights, shopping, and culture in our Piedmont Avenue neighborhood, go to (email hidden)/neighborhoods/eb/piedmont
There is so much going on in Oakland! From "100 Things to Do In Oakland":
1. Reach for the stars at the Chabot Space and Science Center
2. Hug a really big tree at Redwood Regional Park
3. Catch the America's Cup spirit by honing your sailing skills at J World Performance Sailing at Jack London Square
4. Sample some great wines and get some exercise by joining a cycling trip with East Bay Winery Bicycle Tours
5. Rediscover the glamour of Hollywood with a classic movie at the Paramount Theatre
6. Bite into a ripe peach at one of Oakland's Farmers Markets
7. Sip tasty teas at the Tea Garden at Numi Tea
8. Pay a visit to the Remember Them bronze statue in Uptown, honoring our champions of humanity
9. Stretch your neck with the giraffes at the Oakland Zoo
10. Captain a kayak on the Oakland Estuary
11. Toast to Jack London with a beer at Heinold's First & Last Chance Saloon
12. Enjoy the sounds of music at Woodminster Amphitheatre
13. Cheer for the home team at an Oakland A's game
14. Relive a moment from the movie UP! with a cone at Fenton's Creamery
15. Gaze at the amazing architecture at The Cathedral of Christ the Light by Lake Merritt.
16. Groove with the jazz at Yoshi's Oakland
17. Shop 'til you drop along Piedmont Avenue
18. Board a yacht at Strictly Sail boat show in Jack London Square
19. Become a kid again at Children's Fairyland
20. Rock your socks off during a concert at the ORACLE Arena
ITS REALY A GOOD ROOM,I LIKE IT VERY MUCH
My husband and I had a wonderful time while staying at the Sunny Treehouse in Oakland, CA. Since we were on the go most of the time, the space we had was perfect for us...a cozy bedroom, a nice sitting room and our own bathroom. We were also welcome to use the kitchen and two place settings were always on the table for us. I can't say enough about our hosts, Susan and Mark! They were an extremely nice, honest and down to earth couple who were always willing to offer plenty of assistance and information about local activities. We were glad to have met them and we look forward to staying at the Sunny Treehouse in the future.
The rooms are well appointed, clean, and comfortable. The apartment is located close to many restaurants, cafés, a Peet's Coffee Shop, a grocery store and boutiques all within walking distance. As a woman traveling alone I never had a problem finding a parking place in the grocery store parking lot across the street, and I felt safe at all times. Mark and Susan are early risers but are very quiet in the kitchen, which is right off the Airbnb bedroom. Plan on climbing a steep staircase to get to Susan and Mark's main living area; from there the Airbnb rooms are clearly designated. Very pleasant home and people.
Everything was as advertised! The room was comfortable and clean. Great mattress too! Mark and Susan were wonderful hosts that definitely made me feel welcome. The location is perfect for exploring the Piedmont area and if you want to get into the city the MacArthur Bart station isn't too far away. I had a great stay.
Susan and Mark were excellent hosts. Our rooms were comfortable and the location as good as one could hope for. We hope to return there some day.
The Tree House Airbnb was a very nice place to stay. The neighborhood is pleasant.
Susan and Mark provided us with a great hosted stay in Oakland! Location is terrific and room is quiet, light and airy. We did not feel like interlopers at all---more like roommates! Thanks Susan and Mark,
Susan and Mark were great hosts - communication, checking in and out was uncomplicated. They are early birds, but very considerate and quiet - so that shouldn't discourage you from sleeping in. The room is actually two rooms + bathroom, and the perfect weekend hideout. The place place is very conveniently located, right off Piedmont Av (with lots of decent restaurants, movie theater and the original Fenton's Creamery right around the corner, also close to some public parks).
Recommended without restrictions, and we hope to return sometime to explore more of sunny Oakland! :)
This was my first Airbnb experience.
As a single woman traveling I found it welcoming, safe and comfortable. I plan to return when I visit Oakland again.
Susan and Mark have a fantastic home and a perfect airbnb set-up. The rooms are light-filled and cozy, very clean and comfortable. I've been able to do work in the sitting area and always get a good night's rest-- it is so quiet and peaceful! The location is absolutely perfect for anyone who enjoys good coffee, world class dining, shopping at local boutiques, and an authentic community neighborhood feel. It really doesn't get better than this. If you're coming to the Bay Area, this is where you want to be. No need to rent a car, either-- buses run down to Bart all the time!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.