Cove Cottage is a luxury ocean view vacation home seven miles south of Cannon Beach. Enjoy the entire house to yourself. We have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and can accommodate up to six guests. Relax in the hot tub with a stunning ocean view.
Enjoy our entire house to yourself. Two bathrooms, three bedrooms, maximum six guests.
Relax in the Marquis 3-person hot tub while you enjoy the sound of the ocean and watch shooting stars at night.
See pelicans and cormorants from the living room window as they roost on Castle Rock, part of the Oregon Islands National Wildlife Sanctuary.
Perched on a hill overlooking Cove Beach, Oregon, Cove Cottage is part of a unique small community located inside the boundaries of Oswald West State Park. Here you can enjoy the ocean, walk to Neahkahnie Mountain or hike through old growth forests in Oswald West State Park. Located halfway between the coastal towns of Cannon Beach and Manzanita.
What is the Cleaning Fee?
Cleaning fee is $110. The hot tub cleaning and use fee is $79 per visit and is automatically added to the cleaning fee quoted on airbnb (that is why the cleaning fee is listed as $189). If you don’t want to use the tub, simply let us know in the comments section of your order that you would like the $79 charge removed.
Our house will be spotless when you arrive. A thorough 5-hour cleaning is performed after every rental and a cleaning inspection is made shortly before your arrival. If clean is important to you, you will be impressed.
What is the Minimum Stay?
Normally 2 nights, but we have a 6 night minimum in the summer (unless your reservation is within 30 days of your stay, then we can make exceptions). Summer season is June 16 - Aug 31.
Airbnb customers are saving the $15 booking fee that we charge on the Cove Cottage Oregon web site to help offset the Airbnb fees. Thanks for booking on Airbnb! County lodging tax of 9.5% is already included in the price. State lodging tax of 1% is collected by Airbnb.
About the Area
Cove Beach is one of the least known beaches on the Northern Oregon Coast. During low tide, a vast sand beach is exposed at Cove Beach. Because most people don't watch the tide tables, it is common to have the entire 2-mile beach to yourself -- a rare treat not only for Oregon, but for most of the world.
During high tide, there is not much sand exposed, but you can drive one mile to Arch Cape Beach where there is always sand. Or, within 7 miles you can visit Manzanita Beach (7 miles long), Hug Point Beach, Arcadia Beach or Cannon Beach -- each of which offer miles of scenic sandy beach.
About the House
Cove Cottage was recently completely remodeled. The 1500 square foot home features a panoramic ocean view, a large great room, 3 bedrooms, an upstairs/loft with spiral staircase, all new appliances, gorgeous wood floors, and an 1100 square foot deck made from sustainably harvested Red Balau Mahogany.
We are sure you will love your stay here and we look forward to hearing your comments after visiting Cove Cottage. ~ The Aebi-Magee's
Other Things to Note
Minimum Stay: 2 night minimum for most of year, summer 6 nights (June 16 - Sept 15), some holidays 3 nights.
Renter (or Airbnb guest) agrees to the following terms and conditions which apply to the Renter and all guests in the Renter’s party.
1. DAMAGE DEPOSIT - Airbnb handles the security deposit. Airbnb will authorize the guest's credit card for the deposit amount of $200 within the 24 hours prior to the check in date. Airbnb will void the deposit authorization 48 hours after the guest's check out date, unless they are notified by Cove Cottage about specified damages, in which case they discuss the damages with the Renter prior to charging them. The Renter is responsible for any damage caused by the Renter or their guests during their stay, not limited to the amount of the damage deposit. The damage deposit is fully refundable provided the following provisions are met:
a. All charges accrued during the stay are paid including charges due to excessive cleaning requirements (below), damage caused by pets or smoking, missing items, or damage to equipment, fixtures, furnishings, appliances, or the building or its contents (beyond normal wear and tear).
b. Renter departs by the check-out time and follows departure procedures (below).
c. Renter has not been evicted by the owner or local law enforcement.
2. STORM POLICY - No refunds will be given for snow, storms or other weather conditions unless access to Cove Cottage is prohibited due to road closures or evacuation notices within 50 miles from Cove Cottage (this does not include road closures in the Portland Metro area).
3. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE - Check-in is 4:00 PM and check-out is 11:00 AM. No early check-ins or late check-outs are permitted without advance permission.
4. MINIMUM AGE - Renters under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to six persons.
6. NO PETS - See the “Resources” page on our web site for a list of area pet kennels.
7. NO SMOKING - Please help us maintain a smoke free home.
8. TAX - Clatsop County and the State of Oregon requires an 8% Occupancy Tax which is included in the total you pay to Airbnb.
9. DEPARTURE - Please place refuse in the outdoor container, fill and start the dishwasher, turn down all thermostats, lock all doors and windows, and place all keys in the lock box.
10. CLEANING - Cove Cottage will be thoroughly cleaned before your arrival including cleaning all towels, linens, kitchen items, bathrooms, floors, dusting, and detail. There is no daily maid service. Upon your departure, if the cleaning crew discovers excessive misuse of the house that requires more than one hour beyond the standard cleaning time, additional cleaning costs will be deducted from the damage deposit at the current hourly rate paid to the cleaners.
11. PARKING - Parking is limited to two vehicles and vehicles must be park in the gravel drive. Parking on the road is not permitted due to fire access. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing at the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
12. HOT TUB - Use of the hot tub is optional and incurs an extra charge to offset repair and maintenance costs. If you choose to use the hot tub, please carefully read the precautions that are in your welcome packet and posted at the house. Hot tubs are dangerous and Renter assumes all responsibility for Renter’s guests and for minor children who may use the hot tub. If the hot tub requires extra maintenance or repair due to misuse by the Renter or the Renter’s guests, additional charges will result. Renter understands that mechanical problems occasionally occur. If the hot tub is out of order during your stay, the hot tub fee will be refunded, however, there will be no reduction in rental fees or modifications to the cancellation policy.
13. CONDUCT - Owners may immediately take possession in the manner provided by ORS (phone number hidden) if the Renter or anyone in the Renter’s party or control violates any local, state, or federal law when in or near Cove Cottage, threatens to or inflicts personal injury upon the Owner or tenants, intentionally inflicts substantial damage to the premises, subleases the premises without the written permission of the Owner, or commits an act which is outrageous in extreme behavior.
14. DISCLAIMER - Renter and anyone in the Renter’s party or control agrees to use and occupy Cove Cottage at Renter’s own risk shall hold harmless and indemnify Owner against any losses, liabilities, and claims arising out of or relating to this transaction including but not limited to injury or death of any person, property loss or damage, and claims caused directly or indirectly by weather, acts of nature, failure of heat, slipping, falling, or incidents related to fire, heaters, stoves, snow, or any unforeseeable circumstances. Owner is not responsible for loss or damage to Renter’s property, money, jewelry or valuables of any kind including items that are left after check-out.
This Agreement applies to the Renter and all guests in the Renter’s party. By placing a reservation, Renter agrees to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Like many of the previous rave reviews, we agree that this place is stunning & that we will definitely be back! We had a 2 night stay & I didn't even want to leave the house (except for beach walk adventures)! The style & layout are so very tasteful. The place looks just like the pictures! It was such a nice bonus that firewood towels were provided (besides the obvious items listed).
The only only wee wee little complaint was that both bathrooms are on the main floor & 2 of the bedrooms up a spiral staircase on the 2nd floor. Not very handicap friendly unless you're staying in master bedroom. It wasn't a problem for us personally, just a heads up for future guests.
The Cove Cottage is just the open, airy, comfortable home you anticipate after seeing the photos. The directions easily got us to the quiet, coastal cluster just steps from a serene--and almost private--beach south of Cannon Beach proper. The view is perfect.
The beds were very comfortable, with downy pillows and bedding. The house is well-insulated and was warm. There was plenty of hot water for showers. The hot tub was clean, as was the entire home. We loved our relaxing stay and would definitely rent again.
The only caution I'd offer would be for individuals with less stable balance or limited physical ability if you desire very easy beach access (as you must traverse a moderate river-rock slope installed to preserve the eroding shoreline.) Otherwise, it is a great retreat for couples or small groups.
I am so grateful I finally got to stay at Cove Cottage. I marked it on my Airbnb wish list nearly 2 years ago! The house has such a phenomenal view. We loved the cozy furnishings for lounging around. The beds were comfy, and the linens are quite nice. The house book has a lot of great information about nearby trails. The hot tub was the best place to loosen up the muscles after a long hike.
This place was awesome. Everything was clean & neat, the space was big and bright, the fire warmed it perfectly, hot tub heated up nicely. Ample kitchen. Everything you could ask for. Upstairs bedrooms are cozy but you only need them for sleeping because the main floor is so awesome. Watch your head on the way up the spiral stairs. Overall A+
The reservation was canceled 110 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
John's house on the Oregon coast was just fantastic. We visited in the off-season, and enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub while the dramatic scenery surrounded us. The instructions for using various aspects of the house, from the lighting to the fireplace to the TV, were clear and much appreciated. Everything went wonderfully! Thanks so much for having us, John.
John was incredibly accommodating and provided us with the warmest home under a very tight turnaround. The place is beautiful and we couldn't have been happier to find sweeping views and a warm fireplace upon our midnight arrival. Same day booking, responses in under 15 minutes, and follow-up questions addressed just as quickly -- John's a true pro. I'd highly recommend this host and space to all looking for a leisurely getaway or as we chose, quick workation.