I live in a 120 sqm shared apartment located in the Est part of Padova, pretty close to the city center, train station and University.
My area is quite well served by transportation system:
- one bus line (DP) (email hidden) from the house,
- three lines (10, 12, 18) located at 5-10 mins by foot, connect it to the railway station in about 10 mins, and the center itself is easily reacheable by foot in about 15/20 mins and 10 by bike.
- free parking slots just in front of the building or in nearby streets
It is also a convenient option if you want to visit Venice, once you are at the train station (10 minutes by bus) you can hop on one of the many trains to Venice (20-45 minutes).
What you can expect:
- There is two separate private room with a double bed or single bed
- You will be provided with clean linen/blankets/bed sheets, but if you prefer, you have the option to bring your own blankets/sheets or a sleeping bag.
- clean towel and soap/shampoo/shower gel (just ask me what you need and it will be given)
- access to the flat throughout the day, maps and information sheets
The other room is near a living room, so I might come to watch a movie, if you agree. Please ask if you need more details.
A broadband connection with free Wi-Fi is available.
The fridge has lot of space so you can bring your own food (or buy it at the nearby cheap supermarkets).
As already couchsurfer, we are widely used to host people from all parts of the world and we like, if our guests enjoy, spending time with them, maybe cooking something together, or walking around the city and making an aperitif.
But if you want to stay for your own business, no problem!
I live with a little tiny cat.
- one bathroom, with shower
- comfortable living room
- big kithtchen, big fridge,
- broadband connection with Wi-Fi Access Point,
- washing machine.
Something interesting in Padua?
- Visits to historical museums (the Scrovegni Chapel, the Basilica del Santo, Santa Giustina, etc.)
- The aperitif par excellence, the spriz in squares of the city ...
- A picnic in Prato della Valle, the second largest square in Europe, a green corner in the heart of the city
- The ring path that surrounds the entire city through its river route
- The farm immersed in the green of the Euganean hills
- The ring path that surrounds all of the Euganean Hills (69 km cycling)
- A little 'relaxation at the spa, 7 km from us, a multitude of swimming pools to Euganean Spas.
- 40 minutes by train from Venice
- 20 minutes by train from Vicenza
- 45 minutes by train from Verona
- And more ....
You will be provided also with any kind of information you need (events, places to see and go out...).
Feel like at home!
This is a typical living place, not a hotel or a commercial Bed & Breakfast.
I've been staying with Chiara for 13 days. It was very good the contact with Chiara. She was a real mother ... helped me a lot in the beginning with information about how to orient myself in the city, gave me three blankets because I'm too chilly, allowed me to use the wifi and wash my clothes at home. And in the first day she took me with her car in the supermarket. Also, I could use the kitchen to prepare breakfast and dinner. Chiara was attentive, we talked about various subjects. On the last weekend in her home, she invited me to her birthday party and on the last day, he took me to the train station with his gentle father Giusepe. The house is large and located in a quiet location and the access to the historic center and the train station is very easy.
Chiara was very welcoming and friendly. The room was not like the one in the picture; it was small and the bed was small but (website hidden) was mostly quiet, with a good atmosphere. It was quite difficult to find, and is a long way from the station. But you can walk into the old town, about 30 mins away. There were a lot of keys and I wasn't shown which ones to use. The hall was dark and it was difficult to get back into the flat. The key broke in the lock; the bathroom handles fell out but I put them back. I wasn't offered any breakfast, but I was given a lovely melon juice. I was invited to join in with a pizza meal on my first night, but I was very tired from travelling so I declined.
I stayed with Chiara for 3 nights and had a really lovely time. Chiara is super nice and welcoming, besides being easy to live with and cool person in general! I had a great time chatting and cooking with her, and she made a real effort to make sure I was comfortable during my stay. The apartment is roomy and pleasant. It doesn't have air conditioning, but even on a hot summer day it stayed quite cool due to its location slightly outside the city center. Chandra the kitty was also super sweet and fun to be around :-).
The bedroom was clean and comfortable (note that there IS a window shade - it took me a day to figure out how to work it so if you are a confused American like me, you should ask ;-) ). The bathroom is shared by a few other people but I never found it to be a problem.
The apartment is located slightly outside the city center, but it was easily reachable either by walking (about 25 minutes), or bus (10 minutes). Also convenient to a nearby supermarket with great prices!
I highly recommend this apartment!
Chiara is very warm and friendly. We had a lovely chat on our first night there, and Chiara was very helpful with her advice about where we should go and how to get there. She leant us a map of Venice for our day there (30 mins on the train). And left us to it for the rest of our stay.
I enjoyed staying with Chiara.
Her flat is very spacious, clean and comfortable. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the centre of Padua.
Chiara is a wonderful friendly person, and a great host. She is very helpful and attentive.
Chandra the Cat also did her best to make me feel at home :)
To use airbnb to find a host during my 4-day-stay in Padova was a last-minute decison and only possible because of the good communication from Chiaras part! Super quick response times and an uncomplicated location plan rendered my stay easy. The room and the whole appartment have been proper and tidy and Chiara's room mate gave me some useful tips how to get along in Padova. Alltogether I had everything to feel comfortable in Chiara's house!
I didn't have too much opportunity to talk with Chiara because I was frequently out of the apartment, but when I had the chance, she was real nice and answered all my questions ! The apartment is as described, with full kitchen, Wifi and washing machine. A supermarket is about 10 minutes of walk, downtown is less than 20 minutes of walk and the train station is 20 minutes of walk (note that a section of it has no sidewalk). Once at the train station, you can take one of the multiple trains to Venice (the quickest ones take about 30 minutes).
Nice room next to the train station, exactly what I needed! Chiara is a sweet person, as well.
Nice host with a lovely cat, and the room price is reasonable.
It was comfortable and I felt welcome, I was even picked up at the train station when my train was late