This 1 bedroom apt is very comfortable, & it has been renovated. It is located 1 block from the subway, in a family oriented pre-war building; 2 flights walkup. You’ll find everything you need, it has 3 beds and can accommodate up to 6 guests
* You will have this totally furnished & spacious 1 bedroom apartment, with sunlight in every room with Courtyard view (no street noises)
* There are 2 real Full-size beds in the bedroom and in the living room the sofa converts into a Queen-size bed. There is also a portable crib available for a child
* The kitchen is fully equipped to cook and serve and a dining table for 6 people. Electrical appliances include a microwave, coffee pot, toaster, blender, electric knife & cake mixer
* Across the kitchen there is a breakfast nook with 3 leather stools (this area can be used also as a working/office area)
* The apt has 9’ feet high ceilings
* There are two window air conditioners (Bedroom & Living room) and central heating.
* For your safety there is a Fire Extinguisher, Fire Alarm & Carbon Monoxide Detector and a safety card
* There is 39’ LED Smart TV in the living room w/ 140 cable channels, Internet Apps, Built-in Wi-Fi, and USB support
* Complete sets of WHITE towels, each set includes 1 bath, 1 hand/face towels and 2 washcloths, number of towels is based on the number of nights, minimum 2 sets per person is provided
* Always available for your comfort: Q-tips, cotton balls, toothpaste, paper cups, dental floss, Band-Aids and first Aid ointment, hand soap, shampoo & conditioner, children shampoo, shower gels, nail polisher remover, emery board, lady’s personal needs, manicure kit, room spray and plenty toilet paper. Also in the bathroom there is hair-dryer, scale, magnifier & full body mirror and an empty cart to rest your toiletries
* There are 2 showerheads that can be set up in several different jets for a relaxed shower & massage experience and a 7’ feet-long bathtub.
* In the kitchen always available for guests: Regular and decaffeinated coffee, sugar & sweetener, flavored coffee creams, black tea, herbal teas, hot chocolate, basic condiments, salt & pepper, cooking oil, olive oil & balsamic vinegar, ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, popcorn, flavored powder juicy, aluminum foil, napkins, paper towel, dish soap & sponge, disposable gloves, garbage bags (for trash & recycle) and cleaning supplies.
* In the fridge there is Water filter Brita (did you know Brooklyn WATER is the CLEANEST water in the country and it is treated with Fluoride?)
* As part of being a V.I.G., I can also get a few items at the supermarket, such as your favorite foods/drinks/snacks, prior to your arrival (you would pay for the items purchased but shopping for the items is free of charge); this comes handy if you are arriving late and hungry or with a child. On your reservation you will find a link for the supermarket; click on the items you wish to purchase and send me your list via email. Upon your arrival I will give you the receipt and you just pay me whatever was spent on your favorite items
* In the bedroom there is an empty closet and dresser for your clothes, mini stools and table to support your suitcases. Also it is available sewing kit, safety pins and family games (cards, dominos, monopoly, etc...)
* In the bedroom there is rocking chair to relax with a shiatsu massage pad, and screen divider (to give you privacy between the beds if desired). The bedroom TV has a VCR/DVD combo, and a variety of movies is available, there is also a cable box in the bedroom w/140 channels.
* Inside the nightstands there is paper & pens, and a flashlight in case of power outage. On each nightstand there are extra outlets for you to charge your electronic devices, and one radio alarm clock
* White sheet sets, 100% Egyptian cotton, 400-600 thread counts, Hypoallergenic Comforters are covered with Silky Duvets. Extra snuggle blankets for each bed
* 6 Hypoallergenic PILLOWS per bed, every pillow has a pillow cover to ensure the pillows are always clean & free of stains
* On the beds the mattresses have mattress pad and covers to ensure the cleanness of the mattresses, and I provide a Memory Foam topper for the sofabed.
**CHILDREN POLICY: Only one toddler per stay (1-3 years old) or one toddler and one infant (0-1 year old), or two Grade-schoolers (5- 12 years old) .
* For kids I have Sesame Street characters FULL size Sheet set for the full bed, ideal for older kids, a Graco Pack 'n Play On the Go Travel Playpen & Crib, ideal for an infant
* Disney movies, cartoons, musical movies available for kids of all ages & Stuffed Animals to decorate the bed/crib, and also available there is a ‘Chicco’ Umbrella Style Stroller, weighs only 11 lbs., recommended for a child from 6-36 months, up to 37 pounds
* Every danger or breakable, delicate decorations will be removed from the apt to ensure the child’s safety.
* Wi-Fi for up to 8 devices
* Umbrellas, •Office supplies; i.e. Scott tape, staple, paper, pens, scissors
* BOOKS: Tourist guides, MAGAZINES: Weekly Time Out NY Magazine, several magazines & local weekly newspapers
* An entertainment GUESTBOOK that is constantly updated with all the necessary information around the apt, events and some tourism information
* Endless choices of cuisine, a MENUBOOK with around 60 menus of local restaurants to deliver food to your door
* Iron and an ironing board, and a small size shopping cart
Interaction with Guests
EVERY VISITOR IS TREATED BY ME AS A V.I.G.
“Very Important Guest” … because you deserve it!
* On your check-in date I will be waiting for you at the apt to give you the keys and to give you a little tour, and also meet you again on the check-out date to collect the keys.
* I’m here to support & guide you. I live a few blocks away so if you have any issue I will be there to support you right way. A request is never too small or too big and I will try my best to accommodate your needs. I have great knowledge of the city and if you are foreign I will help you to find or go wherever you need.
* My native language is Brazilian Portuguese and I’m fluent in English. I can also communicate in Spanish and I understand a little bit of Italian.
* If you do a research you will find on "Business Insider" a great article about Bay Ridge. My wonderful neighborhood was also listed on "Time Out New York", both articles on 2014
* In most major crime categories, BAY RIDGE RANKS AMONG THE TOP 10 SAFEST FOR THE ENTIRE CITY AND IS AMONG THE SAFEST NEIGHBORHOODS IN BROOKLYN
* Bay Ridge has earned its reputation as a place where New Yorkers can enjoy the fruits of their labors. The neighborhood came in No. 7 in per capita crimes on the DNA info site ranking of 69 neighborhoods.
* In the heart of Bay Ridge- Brooklyn, extremely safe (day or night), family oriented area surrounded by parks, churches, restaurants and stores.
* Much of Brooklyn has only named streets, but Bay Ridge and some other boroughs have numbered streets and numbered avenues (making it very easy for you to navigate).
* Bay Ridge is the last solidly middle class neighborhood left in Brooklyn. It’s safe, it’s affordable and people here care about where they live. Just walk down any block and you’ll notice even the tiniest home will be spotlessly clean and kept up, and decorated for every holiday.
* Bay Ridge has many international restaurants and bars, especially along 3rd and 5th Avenue; it's a main commercial strip.
* In Bay Ridge are mainly concentrated Italian Americans (Italian restaurants and pizzerias), Irish Americans (pubs), Greeks, Scandinavians, Norwegians (amazing bakeries), and today Arab Americans (Christians & Muslims) where there are many Middle Eastern restaurants, hookah lounges, halal shops, Islamic shops and mosques.
* Many refer to the community as "Brooklyn's Gold Coast." A popular neighborhood attraction is the 69th Street Pier, at Bay Ridge Ave (aka 69th Street) and Shore Road. This popular pier is a favorite to the local fishermen who fish there daily. From the pier you have the best view of Verrazano-Narrows Bridge (opened in 1964, it was the world's longest suspension span), our famous Statue of Liberty & lower Manhattan.
* Near the pier is located the Owl's Head Park. This park is a 27-acre walking park that contains rolling hills, walking trails, a state of the art skate park, children's playground and basketball courts, and stunning views of the New York skyline.
* Every November the NYC Marathon starts in Staten Island and the runners cross the Verrazano Bridge and run along 4th Ave., just one block away from home.
* Did you know the 1977 movie Saturday Night Fever and the 2008 What Happens in Vegas was set in Bay Ridge? Also the NYPD Commissioner Frank Reagan (Tom Selleck) on CBS-TV's Blue Bloods lives in Bay Ridge. His home on Harbor View Terrace, near Fort Hamilton High School, is seen in each episode
* During the summer you can go to Coney Island a 30 min train ride and enjoy the beach, the oldest amusement park in the country and visit the NY Aquarium.
* On a 20 min train ride you can go visit the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, or Prospect Park, or the Brooklyn Museum, all located next to each other.
* If you like golf, the Dyker Beach Golf Course is a beautiful 18-hole championship course located in the heart of Brooklyn, below the shadows of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. Dyker Beach Golf Course is convenient to get to, located close to both the Belt Parkway and the BQE. If you want to use public transportation the golf club is located just 4 blocks from the R train and across the street from a Manhattan express bus stop.
SUBWAY & BUS INFORMATION AND TRAVEL DISTANCE TO MAIN ATTRACTIONS & AIRPORTS:
* The subway is located ONE BLOCK away from the apt, on the R line (local), two station away you can transfer to the express N train to Manhattan. The D express train is located 6 stations away.
* Once in the express trains it will take you 20-25 minutes to Chinatown, Soho, and East Village, 30-35 min to Midtown & Times Square, 40 min to Central Park South, 50-55 min to Upper Eastside or Westside. Please be aware these subway travel times are possible during the day, non-rush hours or late at night (after 1AM), the subway/bus system operates 24/7 year around
* On the N train you can be in Atlantic Ave station (where the new Barclays Center is located) in 10 minutes (or 25 min in the R train). At Atlantic Ave you can transfer to the following subway lines: N, R, Q, D, B, 2, 3, 4, 5, LIRR.
* Buses: B1, B4, B8, B9, B16, B37, B63, B64, B70 (the ‘B’ buses is used to move around Brooklyn and to connect to other lines); S53, S79, S93 (the ‘S’ buses go to Staten Island), X27, X37 (the ‘X’ buses are express to Manhattan)
* Distance from Airports by taxi: JFK-30 min at $35, LaGuardia-40 min at $35, Newark-50 min at $70-$90 (higher price due to tolls, this airport is located in New Jersey)
* If you need to take a taxi to/from Manhattan to/from Bay Ridge, it will cost you around $25 Lower East Side, $26 Penn Station, $35 Times Sq., $40 upper east/west side (plus tip, usually we give 15%)
Other Things to Note
• Although the calendar may show dates as available, please check with me the availability before you trying to book. Occasionally there are other guests I am speaking with regarding availability.
**AMENITIES NEARBY THE APT
•Easy parking on the streets (and safe too) with non-parking cleaning side twice a week (Thursday & Friday morning)
• The apt is perfectly located to everything, on 3rd Ave & 5th Ave one block away in either direction from the apt you will find, dinners, liquor stores, drugstores, banks, supermarkets, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Subway Sandwiches, Rite Aid Pharmacy, Laundromats, 24 hours convenience & fruit stores, local neighborhood pubs, Hookah bars, dinners, etc…
• A plethora of restaurants to choose from (all types of cuisines) Bay Ridge is well-known for its quality restaurants.
• Movie Theater located only 5 blocks away, Alpine Cinema with 3D & 4D screens, on Wed, it costs only $7
• Gyms located walking distance from the apt: New York Sports Club & Dolphin Fitness Club
• The apt is located within walking distance (or two stations away by subway) to the main Shopping Area, located at 86th street between 4th & 6th Aves and these are some of the stores available: Century21 department store, Gap & Gapkids, TJ Maxx, Foot Locker & Modell’s sporting goods, Payless, Fabco, Aldo & Aerosoles shoes stores, Vitamin Shoppe, GameStop, Zales jewelry, Benetton, The Children’s PLACE, New York & Company woman apparel, Duane Reader Pharmacy, Claire’s custom jewelry, PC Richard & Son for electronics, Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog, McDonald, Burger King, Chipotle Mexican restaurant, Panera Bread and many more.
**SUBWAY INFORMATION AND TRAVEL DISTANCE TO MAIN ATTRACTIONS:
• The subway is located ONE BLOCK away from the apt, on the R line (local), two stations (email hidden) you can transfer to the express N train to Manhattan
• Once in the N train it will take you 20-25 minutes to Chinatown, Soho, and East Village, 30-35 min to Midtown & Times Square, 40 min to Central Park South, 50-55 min to Upper Eastside or Westside. Please be aware these subway travel times are possible during the day, non-rush hours or late at night (after 1AM), the subway/bus system operates 24/7 year around
• On the N train you can be in Atlantic Ave station (where the new Barclays Center is located) in 10 minutes (or 25 min in the R train). At Atlantic you can transfer to the following subway lines: N, R, Q, D, B, 2, 3, 4, 5, LIRR.
• Distance from Airports by taxi: JFK-30 min & $35, LaGuardia-40 min & $40, Newark-50 min & $70-$90 (lots of tolls)
• If you need to take a taxi to/from Manhattan, it will cost you $25 Lower East Side, $26 Penn Station, $35 Times Sq., $40 upper east/west side (plus tip, usually we give 15%)
**EXTRA FEE DETAILS
• All bookings are required to put down a $250 security deposit, which is done through the airbnb site, and if nothing has been damaged or missing in the apt the security deposit will be returned to guest 48 hours after the check-out
• The cleaning/laundry/guest maintenance fee is the only thing that you will pay in CASH to your hostess. The fee is variable according to the number of guests and the number of nights booked. Please understand that I would do it thru airbnb but I don’t have the option in their system to set up variable prices and charge the guests fairly according to the number of nights & the amount of guests. The price is $20 per person/per week
• Short Stay Guests: For those that stays longer than ONE week: On the 8th day of your stay the sheets and towels can be replaced for cleaned ones, and items used will be replaced. A quickly vacuum can be provided if it is necessary
• Monthly Stay Guests: the apt will be detailed cleaned TWICE per month, but you are responsible for its daily maintenance, such as: wash your dishes, throw away the garbage in the designate building area, keep the fridge free of spoiled foods and stove free of grease. The basic edible items and personal hygiene items will be available on your check-in, but you are responsible to replace them if you need more. As part of the apt maintenance I will provide the dish soap, garbage bags, cleaning products, paper towels. Please keep the apt as much as possible in order, and don’t change its installations. Small furniture items can be moved around to accommodate your needs, but they need to be put back after you leave. I will provide an extra set of sheets for each bed and enough towels for two weeks
• I’m personally responsible for this service, you can be worry-free that your personal belongings are secure and I will make arrangements with you to go to the apt according to the best day/time for you
**CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT TIMES:
• The check-in has always the priority on the time
• The check-in and check-out times are set up as flexible in Airbnb, but I need you to work with me and be flexible too
• Your check-out time is based on the arrival time of the next guest, i.e. if a new guest(s) arrives at the same day of your check-out day
• The time of your check-out is definitely flexible if there is no guest(s) arriving on the same day
• I can meet you at anytime DAY or NIGHT at the apt for your check-in and check-out, but please make sure you talk to me first and get my confirmation, I need to plan my schedule ahead of time
• Between guests in the same day: I will need enough time to have the apt ready for the next guest(s), 2-3 hours for light cleaning (after 1 or 2 guests check-out) or 4 to 5 hours if the apt requires a detailed cleaning (after 3-6 guests check-out).
As an example this is how I can help you: if you are leaving/flying only later at night, but I have a new guest checking-in during the day, this is how we can manage the situation and you still can enjoy your day and be worry free that your belongings are safe. You can leave your suitcases with me in my own apt; I live only few blocks away from Travelers Haven. I will meet you at Travelers Haven for your check out and you go with me to my apt to leave your belongings there, and I will ensure that you can pick it up whatever time you need.
* This apartment belongs to a dear friend who uses as her second home when she is in NY. I’m responsible for her place and I vastly prefer to host responsible and mature guests that will enjoy and take care of the apt as if it were their own home. This apt is NOT a “party” place, and we expect you to treat it with respect.
* As soon you confirm your reservation with me, please tell me what time you'll be arriving, and when you're leaving. This lets me plan my own schedule accordingly to receive you when you arrive and get the keys back when you leave. Please provide your flight number, I will track it and you don’t have to worry if your flight is running late.
* Smoking is not allowed in apt, you will need to go downstairs in front of the building to smoke
* Please pick up after yourself, used towels can go into the baskets in the bathroom, you are responsible to wash your own dishes and clear the fridge.
* Be respectful to the other residents in the building, not loud noises after 10:00 PM or prior 8:00 AM.
* Please recycle (cans, glasses, cardboard paper), it is required in NY, and it is good for the planet. In NY is required to wash the containers prior disposing it and that helps too to keep the apt free of bugs and odors. If your garbage or recycle bins are full, please take your trash downstairs to the right compartments.
* Please don’t take items from the apt with you, some items belongs to the owner and others are there to make your stay comfortable… they are not souvenirs!!
* Please don't let a child (children) eat or jump on the sofa
* Please don’t invite strangers (unless is your family visiting it is okay). Even though you are provided with a set of keys to the apartment, you don’t have the right to invite others to the house unless it has been approved by the host(s). Sorry, but it’s a necessary protection against mishaps.
* You will receive two keys to the apartment upon arrival. One key opens the building door and the other key opens the apartment. You MUST be certain to manually lock the apartment door when exiting. Please note that there will be a $10 fee for each lost keys.
* Please be conscious and turn off the lights and A/Cs when you leave the apt. Make sure the windows are closed in case it rains while you are out. Check the appliances to make sure they are off when you finish using it, (especially the iron)… your host appreciates if you can contribute in saving energy!
*The only thing that can be tossed in the toilet is the toilet paper, all others items must go to the trash can.
* On snowing season, please leave your boots/shoes on the shoes tray by the entrance, this is to prevent the dirt and salt to get in the apt. This tray can be used for wet umbrellas too.
* If you have any issue, please contact me right way and I will be there to get it resolved.
* If a child is coming to the apt, and you are not the parent I need prove that you are the legal guardian of the child (or children)
*A note of advice; if you have any special medical condition, have that information in a piece of paper in your wallet/purse and who should be contact in case of an emergency. If I’m your only contact in NY, write down my name and phone number along with your medical needs, and I will be there for you.
* Just come in peace and I assure you that this apt is very safe, quite, serene, respectful, and you will enjoy staying here!
Adriana was totally accommodating to our travel schedules both on arrival and on leaving, as well as during the arrangement period.
The apartment is centrally located in Bay Ridge, and convenient to transportation and to shopping and dining. It is in a safe building and neighborhood.
Adriana went to a lot of effort to leave personal touches in the apartment, even decorating for the winter holidays.
There is a very generous supply of everything
One would need to be settled and comfortable immediately upon arriving.
The kitchen is especially well equipped, as are the living and bedroom areas. Everything was immaculately clean.
We found our stay to be very comfortable,
And felt the experience to be very welcoming. I would recommend this host highly, and I would enjoy staying in this apartment on future visits.
We have used airbnb three different times to stay in BayRidge. Adriana's place is by far our very favorite place we have stayed. After staying at the other places, it's not that there was anything bad about them, but there was nothing that made me want to stay at that same place again. That all changed when we found Adriana's Travelers Haven. The apartment is very clean and Adriana has not only thought of everything but goes beyond any expectation of what is required or expected from her. She met us at the apartment, showed us around and gave us the keys. Also, I have to mention that she was extremely accommodating about check in and check out times. I changed our arrival time with very short notice and she was so nice about it. Adriana had cautioned me about not arriving (we were driving) during rush hour. Location is so convenient to subway and bus lines. All kinds of wonderful bakeries and restaurants very close on 3rd and 5th ave. The kitchen is so well stocked with dishes, pots and pans that I cooked several full meals at the apartment. The water pressure is very good and a nice roomy shower. The apartment is exactly as represented in the pictures, if not even better than the pictures. We felt very safe in the neighborhood and walked from 86th street back to the apartment several times late at night.
We normally go to BayRidge once a year and I will never have to search airbnb again for where we might stay. We know exactly where we are going to stay, right here at Adriana's Traveler's Haven.
We spent two lovely days at Adriana's place in Bay Ridge. The apartment was clean and tidy as promised. Adriana met us twice to exchange keys and took some time to show us around. There were many nice touches; toiletries, snacks, toys for my grandson and DVD's to name a few. It was a quiet building in a great location. We will check to see if the apartment is available next time we are in Brooklyn.
The host was very flexible with our changing travel schedule and even provided some good tips for navigating both the subway and the local area. The space was exactly as advertised cozy and comfortable. Location was excellent for traveling in and around Brooklyn. The host even left a few snacks for us which was very thoughtful. Neighborhood was delightful a city area that seems to be slowly gentrifying. Artisinal sausage locally brewed growlers and espresso bars mixed with mom and pop donut shops and markets. Didn't get a chance to take much in though due to a short stay so I'm sure I'm underselling the neighborhood by quite a bit as these were just the things I managed to see in the limited time I had. Would certainly go back if I needed a place to stay in New York.
Travelers Haven was perfect for our visit to Brooklyn. Our trip was to visit our son and it was so nice to have a great place to stay only three blocks from him. The location is close to transportation, restaurants, bakeries and is in a neighborhood that is clean, quiet and family oriented. Adriana was so nice to us. She is a host that pays attention to details to make her quest's stay a comfortable one. She worked with our schedule and was helpful in getting us transportation from and to the airport. We definitely would stay at Travelers Haven again.
Janet & Randy
Having Adriana hosting me in her apartment was a bonus to a wondeful vacation in New York City. The Bayridge heighborhood is always a pitoresque place to stay in. The description of the apartment is accurate and the place provides everything you need for a convenient stay.
It was a super excellent experience staying in Adrianna flat,
it is a real haven with everything we needed.
I stayed there for 10 days with my wife & daughter,
Adrianna arrange extra things for my daughter " bed, Sweets, toys"
the house is very clean and excellent location near to anything "Subway, Restaurants, Halal food for Muslims"
the neighborhood is fantastic & 100% safe.
Adrianna is the best host ever.
I totally recommend this flat for short & long stays,
this is will be always my first choice in NY.
This host has 68 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Every visitor is treated by me as a V.I.G.
“Very Important Guest” … because you deserve it!
I'm a very calm & peaceful person. I was born in Sao Paulo - Brazil, but I have been living in New York for 25 years.
I believe a good host or hostess is warm, caring, gracious, welcoming and gives the impression that the guest is the most important person in the world and that nothing is too much trouble to ensure their comfort and contentment. I’m honored to offer excellent hospitality to my guest(s); being a host is more than just letting people stay at my places, hosting involves taking care of an individual that is new to the area and wants guidance and an experience to remember.
I believe that one key ingredient to be a good hostess is to have the ability to get along with all types of people who will be staying at my places. You will feel very welcome & safe if you stay with me.
I have been a hostess via Airbnb for the last 3 years; I had the opportunity to meet more than 200 people from 34 different countries. It doesn’t matter where you come from, your age or your spiritual believes, you will always feel respected and welcomed by me.
I had guests that stayed with me a long as a year. The most gratifying part of being a host is when my guests return to stay again at my places.
Some guests prior moving permanently to NY were temporally with me, but now they are my new friends that always to come back to visit, share a celebration, or a holiday or just enjoy a good cup of coffee with me.
Been a host at Airbnb it gives me the opportunity to leave my legacy in this world, is giving me the experience in meeting you and share with you my knowledge of NY and life.
Of course all of you (guests) want a clean and safe place to be, but are few of us (hosts) that can be a true friend.
Thanks for checking my profile, rest assure that you have a friend in New York, come enrich my list of countries and I hope you can experience the V.I.G. treatment I can provide to you throughout your stay in the greatest city in the world known as NYC.
31.United Arab Emirates
PS: Please note, if you read all my reviews (100+) you will NOT find ANY negative comment. Also you may find my name on the reviews for another listing in Airbnb, but I'm no longer hosting or responsible for that property (since Nov 2013).
The only listings I have are: two bedrooms at "All Nations Home" and an entire apt "Travelers Haven Delightful & Comfy"