About this listing
We are located in a warm, friendly neighborhood and close to 2 subway lines. Our apartment is a home away from home with eclectic furnishings and an old world charm. Access to a full kitchen and bathroom directly off of the bedroom.
This listing is for the Master Bed in a lovely 2 bedroom apartment. The room available gets direct sun all morning and overlooks the garden.
If you want to feel like you are home and living in New York this is the place for you!
We cook dinner occasionally and offer anything we make to our guests.
Everything in my apartment is kept very clean. The beds have new and freshly laundered linens on them and clean/new towels are provided. There is a full kitchen with all the utensils and pots and pans you would need to cook a gourmet meal. 4 burner gas stove and oven. Breakfast nook in the kitchen to sit and grab a quick bite or log on to your laptop and have a cup of coffee.
There is a shared living room for hanging out if you want to read a book or just have a chat. We often use it to work from home. We do occupy the common room most of the day so privacy in the common room is rare. Two cats are also included. They keep to themselves for the most part. If you have allergies to cats please be aware. The bathroom is also shared. The bathroom is directly located next to the door of the available room so only one step in the common area to the bedroom.
- Full Sized Bed
- Fully furnished bedroom with bed, dresser, lamp and closet.
- Artisan decor with warm and cozy furnishings.
- Air conditioning & Central Heating
- High-speed Wifi
- Window looks out into back garden
- All bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter, bath towels) provided
- 1st floor, no noisy tenants in building. Light noise from bar next door.
- Free wifi throughout apartment.
- For your convenience we provide soap that is hand made and organic made by my sister as well as face wash.
- Kitchen is clean and fully equipped (gas oven, fridge freezer, blender and juicer)
- Walk up but on 1st. floor.
- In addition to your room being cleaned before your stay, we pride ourselves on constant cleaning everyday in the common areas. Bathroom and kitchen are kept in pristine condition.
-Laundry is across the street to the apartment.
- 3 minute walk to M train to the city. (20 min ride to city)
- 7-10 minute walk to L train which takes you to Union Square in 15-20 mins)
- NYC visitors guide will be available during your stay.
- Will gladly recommend places in the neighborhood and city. If free for the day you can also tag along to some of our favorite cultural locations as well as great dining in the city on our days off of work.
Check-in is generally at 2pm and check-out is at noon, but I can be pretty flexible when possible.
Within 1-5 blocks of the front door:
* Pizzeria, corner stores, chinese and spanish restaurants as well as a wonderful polish deli.
* 3 Major Banks
* Several grocery stores
* L and M trains to city.
* Italian and Hispanic bakeries
* Lots of great new bars opening up in the neighborhood
* Please, no cigarette smoking in the apartment, but feel free to smoke on the front stoop.
*There is significant noise from the bar next door on weekends, quiet during the week. Earplugs are provided for light sleepers.
We are longtime New York residents and would be happy to share more information upon request
Guests have access to the Kitchen, Bathroom and common areas of the apartment. Guests also have access to Niko, our amazing cat :)
Interaction with Guests
We are not home much so we dont get the chance to interact often with the guests except in the mornings and late evenings if our schedules coincide. Always more than willing to chat it up and give great advice!
Ridgewood is incredible! Lots of up and coming gallery spaces are opening up. Wonderful restaurants all around with lots of great fare such as Polish, Dominican, American, Thai, Indian, Japanese and Peruvian food as well as a fantastic farm to table restaurant.
If you are a vintage shopper we also have great vintage/thrift stores around.
Its a very busy area near the trains and is always safe to come home at any hour of the night.
There are two subway lines within a few blocks from our apartment that connect with almost all subway lines. We are unique to have easy transit with lots of options.
* No overnight guests that are not in the contract
* No cigarette smoking in the apartment except on the front stoop.
* Please clean up kitchen and common areas after use.
* Clean room before leaving. Tidy.
* We ask that you be awesome!
Three very lovely roommates, all charming, respectful and professional. Very easy going and personable. Willing to help out.
My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in August. We did not have a chance to meet Ian although he did check on us through mail and SMS. The room is as it looks in the pictures and as other reviewers have pointed out, very interestingly done up with the pictures on the wall, the furniture and overall decor. We were received by Joann who was very helpful and generous in sharing tips and advice on things to do/see in NYC. The place is very close to the subway station and very convenient. It takes 45 mins to central Manhattan and Uber/Lyft are running a lot of promotions that are worth trying if one is in a hurry. The neighbourhood is up and coming (as pointed out by several cabs/Uber/lyft drivers we conversed with) and has some nice restaurants around. Overall, I would say our experience was very good.
Everything was fine ,we felt really welcome and a description of the neighbourhood with useful tips was provided to us. The appartment was as expected and the area an interesting place to be! This is a place recommended to everyone who wants to stay in New York city away but also near enough to the famous Manhattan.
My husband and I were looking for a comfortable/affordable place to stay during our apartment hunt and this hit the mark. It was conveniently located and a great place to rest from a long day of walking around Brooklyn. We didn't get to meet Ian but Joann welcomed us in earlier than the advertised check in so we didn't have to carry out bags all over!! Overall a pleasant stay :)
Cosy place !
We stayed 2 weeks at this apartment, the place is clean and well decorated.
Close to the Subway (5min max) Everythings you need is there as the Ian description explains.
Thank you again for this stay
My husband and I had a great time staying here. The apartment is very clean and beautiful. We slept well in the comfortable bed, and Ian and his family are wonderful hosts. We are familiar with NYC and didn't have any trouble finding it. If you are not familiar with NYC, make sure to get good directions.
It's really happy to stay with Lan's mother in my last period in the U.S. During these three days, we had a great communications. I love this warm, artistic little place. Lan's awesome mom who wrote lots of helpful tips which were for tourists how to get good deal and experience in the NYC. That's feeling let me feel I had a home in NYC!! Thank you very much!! Btw.. Lan played piano once, it's amazing! If you had a chance to hear his music .. Wow.. That would be wonderful experience during your journey!!
our stay was very enjoyable. we only met joann, and she was very welcoming and warm. the room is nice. probably not good for easy sleepers though, as there is a bar right next door.
This host has 110 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ian
Ian: Born and raised in Ohio. Living in New York for 7 years now. Work as a Fashion Stylist. Pianist, artist, and lover of all things cultural and architectural. Extensive knowledge of great places to eat, museums and little hidden gems for shopping!
Jose: Born and raised here in New York. Studied Economy and Sociology, Professional Real Estate Agent for Manhattan apts. Avid hiker, w/ extensive knowledge of NYC neighborhoods, tips on how to save money while out and about, and general history of the city, neighborhoods and culture.