About this listing
Very charming farmhouse tastefully decorated situated in rural West Simsbury CT.
Learn every day farm life from helping gather the 400 eggs daily to feeding treats to the petting zoo animals.
Come enjoy a family farm experience getaway ...
- Beautiful second story balcony with a grill, Adirondack chairs, a new retractable cover for the porch perfect for relaxing evenings overlooking the farm
- Full size bed in the one room & bunk bed with a twin size bed on top and full size bed on the bottom in other room with an additional single twin bed in corner
- Solar heated water and electric, a/c, pellet stove for heat
- Lots of GREAT books and toys provided for kids use
- Family room has a 32" flat screen with 20 channels/DVD player. Pellet stove with glass door for viewing fire
- Three Large closets
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washer and dryer downstairs
- Fridge stocked with our " Farm Fresh Eggs" muffins,pancake mix, juice,milk,cream and coffee/tea
- Peaceful meadows and walking trails
- Access included to the petting zoo during and after office hours
Note: Additional fees for services including Farm Tour, Collecting Eggs, Hayride, and Pony Rides
$270.00 for 2 nights
... or just a weekend away with your best friends!
Free access to the petting zoo whenever you would like to see the animals.
Interaction with Guests
As much as they would like.
Quaint quiet neighborhood in a rural farm setting. BEAUTIFUL open space and wooded trails for walking across the street.
I would recommend renting a car. Simsbury has a free bike rental program also.
Other Things to Note
The weekend days on the farm tend to be pretty busy (April thru November). We have children's Birthday parties going on and petting zoo visitors. The farm closes at 5 pm to the public and the nights are very quiet and private other than the barnyard sounds of the animals.
- Additional fees for services including: Hayride $65.00, and Pony Rides between 11am-3pm Saturday and Sunday $5.00 or Private Pony $65.00 for a 1/2 hour
Hi I'm Farmer Julie! I run a magical farm in West Simsbury, Connecticut called Flamig Farm. It is the home of the BIG backwards EGGS sign. The farm has a large Petting Zoo filled with llamas,alpacas,sheep,goats,horses,ponies,emus,pigs,ducks and around 500 chickens! Egg gathering is done daily if you would like to participate we love the help!
My husband Nevin and I are big believers in the law of attraction and positive thinking. We pride ourselves in living harmoniously with the environment and educating the public on alternative energy. We have a 11.4 kilowatt photovoltaic solar system on our chicken coop which provides the farm's electric. Farmer Nevin runs all his farm equipment he uses out in the mulch and compost piles on BIODIESEL.
Farmer Julie loves eventing horses and jogging on the beautiful trails across the street from the farm.