This amazing Mountain Retreat is located in the heart of Mammoth and a 5 min walk from the free bus shuttle connecting the resort. The property includes, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Pool, and a warm cozy fireplace. Walking distance to restaurants & much more!
Absolutely beautiful remodeled condo located just in the heart of Mammoth! The condo is located on the bottom floor of the complex only steps from Mammoth's free shuttle service to all three lift access areas. The unit is within walking distance to Restaurants, Shopping, Movie Theaters and Nightlife. The wonderful home has high speed wireless internet access, a 42" Flat & 32" inch Tv's , Nintendo Wii, entertainment center and heated matress pads! Just gorgeous! You will find dining for 4 people plus 3 bar stools, a queen size master bedroom with private bath and flat screen TV. You will be able to sleep 4 people comfortably with a queen size sofa sleeper in the living room. A wood burning fireplace and conveniently located Hot Tub next to the unit makes this home the perfect stay anytime of year. Book now for the vacation of a lifetime! Please note: We recommend 4 wheel drive or chains in the winter time.
Condo Rental Amenities
FREE high-speed wireless internet; FREE Digital HD TV Cable, Flat Panel TVs in each room with DVD & Wii, FREE wood, 2 Jacuzzis, 2 saunas, coin-op laundry facilities, Outdoor Pool (closed in winter), picnic area with BBQ grill (closed in winter), outdoor parking, FREE coffee and assorted teas
**For your convenience, FREE Red Line Shuttle stop that takes you to/from Villige is just steps from your door (operates Mid-December through April 20th).The shuttle runs every 15 minutes during the day and every half-hour from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Take the FREE shuttle and leave the parking headaches behind!
activities and attractions in Mammoth Lakes High Sierra/Gold Country
Mammoth Lakes Information
There's no limit to the exhilarating experiences and adventures you can have in Mammoth – fish in our many lakes and streams, tee it up at California's highest golf courses, hike in the backcountry and celebrate in the mountains and fresh air!
Winters in Mammoth Lakes are famous for huge snow packs. Recently over 600 inches have fallen in one season! Mammoth offers more days on the hill than any resort in California. 350 skiable acres. 3,100 ft. vertical drop. 150 trails. 29 lifts.
In addition to the exceptional skiing and snowboarding you will find miles of trails for snowmobiling, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing, all with magnificent views of the surrounding Sierra Nevada Mountains! Our favorite is cross country skiing to Lake Mary and the full moon snowshoe hike followed by a cup of hot cider!
Summer, Mammoth’s “other” season, brings even more opportunity for recreation: Golf, hiking, horseback riding or just soaking in the sun. Summer is a time to really see all Mammoth has to offer. For the avid mountain biker, Mammoth Mountain Bike Park offers some of the most diverse and challenging terrain around. The Eastern Sierra is also world famous for trout fishing.
Many events are held throughout the summer; Mammoth Lakes Jazz Jubilee, Bluesapalooza and Festival of Beers, arts and crafts festivals, Fourth of July parade and fireworks, Fireman’s Picnic, just to name a few.
Beginner to expert anglers can fish for trout at more than 400 lakes and 1,100 miles of streams in the Inyo National Forest area. Numerous derbies are held during the Summer.
Over thirty trail heads provide access to the (phone number hidden) acres of wilderness backcountry for hikers seeking to escape into primitive and pristine areas. Trails of easy, moderate and strenuous ability lead to Alpine lakes and creeks, the John Muir Trail and the Ansel Adams Wilderness.
• Devil's Postpile National Monument is located in Red's Meadow. The columns of basalt were formed approx. 900,000 years ago when a lava flow slowed and began to cool and crack. Temperatures deep within the lava bed were uniform enough to produce six-sided columnar joints, 40 to 60 feet high resembling a giant pipe organ, polished to a shine by later glacial action.
• Rainbow Falls is located downstream from the Devil's Postpile. The headwaters of the San Joaquin River flows over an abrupt 101-foot drop, sending rainbows of color into the midst. Truly a sight that is breathtaking short hike.
The Sierra Star Golf Course is a championship 18-hole, par 71 layout nestled within a shelter of Jeffrey Pines and White Fir, where each hole offers its own spectacular view. Tree-lined fairways, well-trapped greens, and numerous lakes and ponds make this course another challenging golf experience for the low handicap golfer, and also very enjoyable for the occasional recreational player.
Snowcreek Golf Course, is nestled alongside the majestic Sherwin mountain range, the course provides spectacular, scenic enjoyment for players of every level. Snowcreek is noted for its elevated greens, multiple bunkers, and extensive use of tranquil lakes and streams. Snowcreek Golf Club offers a driving range, and putting green.
The Mammoth Lakes area has a fascinating geology and history.
• Mono Lake: This ancient inland sea is home to migrating birds and brine shrimp. Meander among the odd-shaped tufa towers. These unusual towers are piled-up mineral deposits formed beneath the water's surface when mineral-rich spring water mixes with salt lake water.
• Bodie is the best preserved ghost town in California. Perhaps the country! Bodie was once a thriving gold mining town with 10000 residents in 1879.
• Yosemite National Park/ Tioga Pass and Tuolumne Meadows is a favorite day trip for Mammoth vacationers. Its eastern entrance at Tioga Pass is just 45-minutes from Mammoth (closed during Winter).
• Hot Creek State Fish Hatchery raises about 3 million trout each year for planting in the Sierra Nevada lakes and streams, and over 20 million eggs for other fish hatcheries.
Pool, Sauna, Hot Tub, Shuttle and much more!
1.Smoking is NOT allowed in the unit Smoking is allowed outside only.
2.People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3.All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4.Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5.Only use appliances for their intended uses
6.Pets are NOT allowed.
7.Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
8.[Water and Septic: No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the pluming system, you could be charged damages.
9.Storms: No refunds will be given for storms.
Just as described in the listing. Location is perfect, walking distance to the super market. All amenities were available. Kitchen was nicely stocked with the basic necessities. d:-)
Amazing comfy cozy spot
Totally convenient to all
Clean and comfy
The warm fireplace the big comfy couches
My girl & I were psyched
We really enjoyed our stay in this cozy accommodation. Easy check in and check out. Communication was a breeze with Sean. I'll definitely consider this place again the next time I visit the area.
The host had sent detailed instructions about the amenities of the property including invitations to help ourselves to complimentary stuff like coffee, toiletries etc. The neighborhood and the apartment itself was very pleasant. The old-fashioned heating system is a little wonky (overheats in the middle of the night if left on too long and if posted instructions are followed then insufficient heating). All the other amenities work perfectly and the stay was very pleasant and comfortable. One awesome thing about this place is it's location. It literally was a few steps from the shuttle station for both the lodges and the village and the community bathtub was practically in the next building. The kitchen and linen closet were well stocked.
Sean's place was great. It was walk-able to the grocery store and bunch of restaurants and very close to the mountain.
I also like the wood burning stove. Perfect for when it gets cold in the mountains.
Sean and the place were great. Very spacious. Free ski bus picks you up right outside and takes you to the mountain. Walkable to restaurants. Sean was super nice and the place was easy to find and access. It was great thanks!!
The location is convenient and the home easily accommodated all four of us. However, a few concerns we encountered during our stay that would keep us from returning include:
- Upon arrival, you can tell the place was hastily cleaned. Bottles of cleaner were left on the counter and there was an open bag of pretzels still sitting on a stool. Not particularly appealing for a first appearance.
- Almost every dish we used was still dirty/oily and we had to rewash it in order to use it. Almost all of the pots and pans were abused beyond use to the point where we didn't feel comfortable using them.
- Not necessarily the host's fault but there is VERY LIMITED HOT WATER. After one shower, the hot water quickly dissipates. We had to draw straws to see who got the hot shower and everyone else got an ice cold shower. Great way to wake you up quickly!
This host has 59 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I'm an entrepreneur, adventurer, traveler, and all around fun guy from San Diego. I've been really lucky thus far to have created a lifestyle that's enabled me to change scenery consistently, never having a dull moment to say the least.