About This Listing
Enjoy some East London living in this light and cosy double bedroom, well within walking distance of the vibrant shops, bars and restaurants that the Dalston, Broadway Market and Hackney area offers.
Hello! We're renting out our guest bedroom and it's perfect for anyone looking for a slice of East London living.
- The bedroom is east facing, so it gets lots of sun in the morning and afternoons
- It is small but cosy and has a double bed, huge bay window and high ceilings
- The living room is a great space to hang out in. There's a chesterfield sofa, large LCD TV with Freeview channels and a dining room and chairs to enjoy some nice meals. It's a really airy space with big windows and high ceilings and if it does get cold, there's a gas fireplace too. There's also lots of books and DVDs to peruse and our neon disco horse to keep you company
- The kitchen is compact, but has all the basics for homely living; an oven, grill, fridge and freezer as well as all the usual pots/pans/cookery books
- The bathroom has a power shower and bathtub
- The flat has good wifi access
- We'll provide breakfast for you in the mornings and if you're lucky and we're around in the evening, we might even cook you up some dinner in the evening, too
The flat is in a great part of East London, right in the middle of Dalston and Hackney and all they offer. I've lived in the area for quite a few years now, so will be able to recommend restaurants/bars/clubs/places to visit, but here's an overview:
- The flat is 5 minutes walk from London Fields which is lovely to hang out in during the summer or go for crisp, wintery walks
- Broadway Market is only 10 mins walk away, so during the week it's a cool place to stop off for a drink or meal in one of the bars/restaurants and on Saturdays it hosts a food market with delicious food and drinks and it's a real hotspot for locals to hang out
- Dalston is 10 minutes away and as well as being called the coolest borough in London (by Vogue/Guardian or something) there's so many nice places to dance/drink/eat - I can recommend the best places, especially restaurants and bars as I run a Hackney-based food and dining website called Chomping Ground
I think that's about it. The pictures are a bit rubbish (sorry, most have been taken on a phone) but feel free to ask if there's any questions.
Living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. We want you to feel at home!
Interaction with Guests
I'm freelance, so some days I work in the office, some days I work from home in the flat. I'm out quite often in evenings, so happy to give you a bit of space if you'd rather that.
Hackney is the BEST! I've lived in this flat for almost six years now, and have lived in Hackney for almost nine years now and I love the area. There's so much going on, from restaurants and foodie happenings, to great bars and pubs and even the odd decent underground club too. The people are friendly, not all the cynical, serio hipsters we're made out to be!
- There's great bus, rail and tube links nearby, Dalston Junction tube is 10 mins walk away (taking you into Central London in around 20 mins) and there's numerous buses on the Kingsland Road/Mare St (both 6-7 mins walk) to take you all over London
Other Things to Note
Please note - we need at least a week's notice on the date you would like to start your stay
1. No smoking inside the flat
2. All doors need to be double locked when leaving the flat
3. We have neighbours upstairs and downstairs (we're the middle flat) so please be considerate with noise (no loud music after 11pm/before 8am). Also the doors bang quite a lot so try not to slam them shut
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this host their first review!
About the Host, Laura
I'm a freelance journalist who writes about arts/entertainment/travel for a number of magazines and newspapers. I live in Hackney (East London), I occasionally DJ and I love travelling, finding amazing new restaurants and bars and meeting new people.
(Slightly heated) outdoor pool. Its one of the only few old-fashioned pools like this left in London. Costs about £4 for a swim. Nice if you dont mind being cold getting in and out of the pool!London Fields West Side London Greater London E8 3E
Can be a bit hipster central but I love it as its 2 minutes from my house. Good for Sunday Roast/food too - gets rammed at weekends. Keira Knightley usually knocking about the place too.Greenwood Road London Greater London E8 1A
Really tasty and cheap Vietnamese on Mare StMare Street London Greater London E8 3QE
Nice, old-fashioned local pub. Head here for a roast on Sundays. Good Bloody Marys too.Forest Road London Greater London E8 3B
Scenestery pub at the top of Broadway Market and London Fields that everyone hangs out at. Does a good Roast on Sunday, but gets really busyBroadway Market London E8 4Q
Amazing cocktail bar half way down Broadway market. Lethal cocktails and Mexican Food.Broadway Market London London E8 4P
Argentinian steak place on Broadway market, pricey but as youd expect, amazing meat.Broadway Market London E8 4Q
My FAVE restaurant. Its Venetian/Italian food the menu is whatever the chef feels like cooking that night. Can be hit and miss, but thats part of the charm. Try the spaghetti ragu, its the bestVyner Street London E2 9DG
Amazing restaurant in a converted warehouse. Bit pricey, but worth it. Their brunch is great, book a table for Sat or Sun and enjoy the pianist playing old pop songs. Good cocktail bar too.Wadeson Street Greater London E2 9
Cool pub, turns into a party den late night, fun but sweatyKingsland Road London E8 4A
Late night drinking/dancing spot that doesnt play actually jazz. Really fun about 2am, feels like a house party in someones grans placeBradbury Street London Greater London N16 8
The ultimate hipster club. Good if you need a dirty late night drink. Everyone in it either works at Vice Mag or wants to. Spit and sawdust sort of place, live bands and random DJs - free entry too.Kingsland High Street London E8 2P
Crazy disco bar/club/kitchen. Bit Meat-packing district bar. Mental club nights on weekend, bit more chilled during the week. Good cocktails and cake.Kingsland High St London Greater London E8 2P
Legendary Ocabasi Turkish restaurant. Book as it gets busy. Tasty and cheap. Brit artists Gilbert and George eat here every single night!Stoke Newington Rd London Greater London N16 8
Massive vintage clothing emporium - so big it has its own coffee shop. Good for a mooch around.London N16 7XB
Wins my vote hands-down for best Sunday roast dinner in the area.Stoke Newington High Street London Greater London N16 0