About this listing
A Quiet-Stay Guest House, Hideaway, and Retreat House
Turn onto the wooded driveway, cross Briar Creek, approach the hill to Evensong Dell, and you feel as if you are not just entering another place, but another time, where life unfolds at a more human pace.
Tucked away into the side of the mountain, on a lawn surrounded by woods, tranquil ponds, and bridges, Evensong Dell invites you to pause, to breathe deeply, and to tarry in its peaceful, restorative sanctuary.
• A quiet, clean, country-stay while visiting in the Oneonta and Cooperstown areas, the museums, Hall of Fame, Dreams Park, Brewery Ommegang and their Summer Concert Series, Hartwick College and the State University of New York at Oneonta
• Artistic inspiration, writing, outdoor painting and drawing, playing music
• Personal rest and rejuvenation, reading, a place of refuge from the stress of daily life
• Family get-away times, playing, relaxing, and bonding
• A grandparent/grandchildren weekend
• Nature observation, exploration, and woods-walking
• Private personal retreats, times of transition, setting goals and priorities, reflection, contemplation, physical, emotional, and spiritual rest, refreshment and renewal
• Quiet get-away days or retreats for individuals, couples, or small groups of staff, family, or friends
• Spiritual Retreats: private, couples, or small groups of staff, family, or friends
• Remembering what the stars look like, listening to the frogs on a dark, misty evening, picking wildflowers, smelling the fragrance of fallen leaves on a wooded pathway, sledding, getting snowed in, listening to the flow of spring water gushing down the side of the mountain, rereading your favorite children's books, sleeping in, and being still enough to experience beauty.
About the House:
• Free WiFi, Free long distance (in the USA) on the house phone (Please also see "OTHER THINGS TO NOTE" at the bottom of this section.)
• Full kitchen: refrigerator, oven, microwave, cooking equipment, dishes, coffee pot, toaster (no dishwasher.) Table and chairs for six. Access to screened-in porch.
• Living Room: DVD, VCR and CD players (for you to bring your own discs.) There is no television reception or cable at EvenSong Dell. Coffee table and seating for six.
• Screened-in porch: (16' X 8') outdoor furniture and picnic table with benches.
• Downstairs Bedroom: full bed, dresser, table, bookshelves, chair, and closet.
• Upstairs Bedroom: two twin beds, two dressers, desk and chair, closet, chair.
• Upstairs Master Bedroom: queen bed, dresser, closet, bookshelf, chair.
• Full Bathroom Upstairs: Tub/shower, closet with towels.
• Small room upstairs with Pack and Play available.
• Sheets, blankets, pillows, towels provided.
• Evensong Dell is a smoke-free, pet-free house.
About the property:
• Fields and wooded hills
• Large back yard with two small ponds
• Two miles of marked walking trails
• Creek with small park
• Large spring-fed pond with dock
• Playground with swings, slide, and climbing gym
Evensong Dell is adjacent to Northfield Farm, LLC, home of Athelas Therapeutic Riding and the State University of New York at Oneonta Equestrian Team. Private indoor lessons, available by appointment, are offered for both able-bodied and special-needs children and adults.
SPIRITUAL RETREATS: Evensong Dell is a Christian Retreat House that welcomes seekers of all faiths and traditions.
Evensong Dell is available as a place of Spiritual Retreat for individuals, couples, families, and small groups of staff or friends. If you have an interest in a spiritual retreat, but have questions or would like some guidance, we would be happy to talk with you. Spiritual Direction is available by appointment with your host, a Spiritual Director certified by the Kairos School of Spiritual Formation.
Rates are for lodging. Lodging rates include full use of house and grounds, including kitchen. The guest house is completely private; it is not shared with any other guests. Additional guests: $34.00 per night for each guest after two guests.
Check in 3:00 pm / check out 11:00 am. Please make prior arrangements for alternative arrival or departure times.
Maximum 2 guests per room except children, newborn to age 3. Pack and play available.
Interaction with Guests
EvenSong Dell is a completely private guest house and we respect our guests' privacy. We are available, if needed, for recommendations, support, and any problems that might arise concerning the guest house. It is our delight to help!
Other Things to Note
EvenSong Dell is truly a country retreat house:
- Cell phones can frequently receive text messages at EvenSong Dell, but THERE IS NO RECEPTION FOR CELL PHONE CALLS. There is a land line phone which is available for guest use. Calls are free within the contiguous US.
- WiFi is provided. From time to time the server does go down so WE CANNOT ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE INTERNET CONNECTION AT ALL TIMES.
- We cannot be responsible for all of the things that are beyond our control like the WEATHER AND POWER OUTAGES. But, we will say it does delight us to delight our guests and we enjoy making people happy!
No smoking, no pets, no hunting, no parties, no fires (except in fire ring at large pond.) Maximum occupancy 6.