Spacious, bright, well equipped, modern fit out, great location. 5 bedrooms. Sleeps 9. 2 living areas. 2nd toilet. Enclosed yard for kids/boat /bike storage. Outdoor decks, BBQ, hot & cold shower.
VISTA is a lovely house with all you need to have a fantastic stay....our history of people booking and then asking to stay longer, and our re-booking rate demonstrates that! The house is located in a quiet street about 5 minutes from the Island bridge, on Cape Woolamai and is close to family and surf beaches and shops (300m). This includes a small grocery store and numerous eat-in and take-away food premises. San Remo (5 minutes drive) has IGA, shops, hotels and restaurants. Cowes (15 minutes drive) has Coles, Woollies, many shops and restaurants.
The home is elevated spit level. Upstairs is open plan, large, kitchen, dining and living area. Split level to 3 bedrooms, bathroom with toilet, laundry and an additional toilet. Downstairs is another bedroom (QS), office (which will now be used as a 5th bedroom) living area and games room. All beds have electric blankets and all bedrooms have fans.
Please note that the configuration of the bedrooms and property fitout will be a little different than in the current photos...but we think better. 9 guests will be in 5 rooms, rather than 4. New photos soon.
- Fully equipped self contained kitchen with electric fan forced oven, microwave and coffee machine
- Deck off dining area with all outdoor seating and gas BBQ
- Living area with large leather couch and large flat screen TV and DVD
- Spit system heating and cooling
All beds with electric blankets.
Each bedroom has a fan
- Master with Queen size bed
- 2nd bedroom with double size bed
- 3rd bedroom with 2 x single beds
- downstairs bedroom with queens bed
- downstairs bedroom has a single trundle beds.
- Bath and shower
- top loader washing machine
- separate 2nd toilet
- downstairs bedroom with queen bed
- downstairs bedroom with a single trundle bed.
- 2nd living area with leather couches and flat screen TV and DVD
- games room with table tennis table
- outdoor dining table
- Dryer in games room (converted garage)
- board and card games
- behind gate parking for boat or precious vehicle!
- fully enclosed with high fence
- sand pit
- New porta cot and high chair provided.
- cold gates top stairs are available.
- outdoor baby swing
- Standard check-in is after 2PM. However, this may be able to be varied depending on when prior guests vacate the property.
- Standard checkout time is 10 a.m. However, later time may be negotiated if no guests are checking in the same afternoon and depending on availability of the cleaners.
LINEN & TOWELS
- Guests are to provide own linen and towels, except for Premium stay bookings (special events) and bookings of 7 nights or more. This means that guests are to provide own top and bottom sheets, pillow cases and towels. Tea towels and bath mat are provided. Items provided for all bookings are mattress protectors, doonas (with covers)/blankets, pillow with pillow protectors.
- Linen and towels can be supplied at $15 per person by arrangement.
MINIMUM BOOKING PERIODS
*MOTOR CYCLE GRAND PRIX
- 7 night bookings only accepted up to 3 months before the event.
- 3 night bookings will be accepted 3 months before the event.
- 2 night bookings will be accepted from 2 months before the event.
*EASTER, V8'S & MELBOURNE CUP
- 4 night bookings only accepted up to 2 months before the event.
- 3 night bookings will be accepted 2 months before.
- 2 night bookings will be accepted from 1 months before.
*20th DECEMBER to 1st FEBRUARY
- minimum 5 nights, unless there is a shorter window between other bookings and we will be happy to book those days.
Minimum 2 night bookings. (Unless you can see on calendar that there is a sneaky one night available between bookings and we will book out that night)
- Garage with table tennis.
- Spacious enclosed back yard. Great for kids, boat, bikes, surf-boards etc.
- 2 great decks. Spa. BBQ. Outdoor setting.
Interaction with Guests
- We communicate with guests before and after bookings, mostly via email.
- We can be contacted through the booking period.
- We live five minutes away from the property, so are usually available to attend to things at the property fairly promptly is requested by guests.
- Quiet street
- Close to famous Woolamai surf beach & also family beaches
- Everything on the Island is conveniently accessible. Grand Prix Track, Penguins, koalas, seals. Check out our guidebook for this listing.
- Local shops 300m with a general store, eateries and bar.
- Check out UrbanSpoon Phillip Island on the internet to see the many restaurants, cafes and take away shops.
- Major supermarkets in Cowes, which is 15 mins away.
- A Vline bus provides transport to and from Phillip Island.
- There is a taxi service and also minimal public transport around the Island.
- Additional bus services are provided for the major events on the Island.
- Hiring bikes can be a good alternative.
- To investigate public transport options, do an internet search on 'public transport victoria journey planner'.
Other Things to Note
Please have the following on your airbnb profile before booking - email, mobile and another validation. Note that as a host, I only see the details of these once a booking is confirmed.
- SCHOOLIES & BOOKINGS TO HOLD A PARTY AT THE PROPERTY ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Respect the neighbours with noise levels reasonable and at reasonable times.
- No more than 10 overnight guests as per the rental permit for the property - more than 10 may result in immediate guest eviction, fines and loss of our permit.
- All cars to be parked in the drive and behind gates (accomodates 4 cars). No cars to be parked on nature srips or the road.
- Leave house tidy and undamaged.
- Clean BBQ after use.
- Air-conditioning is to only be on if windows/doors are closed.
- No smoking indoors.
- No pets.
We had a very comfortable stay at 51 Vista Drive. Lovely, bright, clean and well-equipped place. We only stayed a couple of nights but would have been happy to stay much longer as it had everything to make you feel at home. Thank you Carolyn!
It was a lovely house, very spacious and beachy. Slight fresh paint smell but aside from that we had a very nice time at a very reasonable price.
This was my first time using Air bnb & it was easy & hassle free. Carolyn, our host, was brilliant. Every question was answered promptly & her instructions were so easy to follow. The house was beautiful, spacious & perfect for the 6 adults & 3 kids we had. It was also lovely to meet Carolyn when I arrived. So welcoming & friendly. Perfect little things like milk in the fridge, shampoo's & soaps, toilet paper & pods for the coffee machine all there ready & waiting. As well as being perfectly spotless. I will not hesitate to use Air bnb again & it would be an absolute pleasure to deal with Carolyn again too. Thank you! :)
The house was fantastic. Carolyn has excellent interior decorating taste. The house has a very relaxed and upmarket feel. It is also very large and overall even better than in the pictures. Carolyn was a pleasure to deal with and the whole process was seamless. Couldn't be happier with this find!
The reservation was canceled 180 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Vista was a lovely house, very clean and tidy, it was furnished to a good standard. Carolyn arrived at the house at the same time as us and she showed us round and explained details of spa etc. The facilities were very good and we enjoyed sitting on the sunny balcony having a glass of wine. Vista was an ideal place to spend our final four days in Australia.
The house was fully stocked with everything we needed for a long weekend - BBQ, board games, table tennis, spa - and had lots of space. The whole apartment was spotless and in great condition. The location is on the other side of the island from Cowes but we really enjoyed the couple of restaurants nearby. Also Woolamai Beach (2 min drive, 10 min walk) was beautiful and had a great 2-3 hour hike along the ocean and cliffs. The check in and out process was seamless and Carolyn was very responsive. All around great getaway! Thank you Carolyn.
This host has 118 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I've recently made the sea change to Phillip Island with my family after a too busy life in Melbourne, working in Project Management and Finance. We love it and couldn't be happier. I love renovating houses with my husband, travel, gardening and hiking. So far I've tackled Mt Everest Base Camp, Oxfam 100kms, Overland track and am now planning Machu Pichu. We have had numerous holiday rental properties and gain enormous satisfaction from guests have a great experience at one of our properties.