About this listing
Comfortable 2-bedroom apartment (2 double beds, sleeps up to six people with a comfortable pull-out sofa in the living room, possibility of kiddie bed) in Bologna south east side in a very trendy area. 5 minutes by bike to Parco Regina Margherita, 15 minutes by bike to the centre. Supermarkets, restaurants and bars are only 50 yards away, as is public transport Bus 11 which will take you to the city centre in 10 minutes if you do not feel like cycling ;-)
The neighborhood is child friendly, with a big park and playgarden nearby. It is a residential area, really close to everything, but far enough away to be very peaceful and relaxing. During the day it is nicely crowded whereas at night, you will not find yourself alone in the streets, but will not be bothered by noise from the bars which are far away enough to have a good sleep.
We love to give our guests all the information you need about the city, and have a lot of little restaurant and bars to recommend you. We live nearby and will be available throughout your stay for anything.
Wifi will be available by the beginning of December
BEFORE BOOKING PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE
You should read at your arrival
Fabio was a great host. He was nice, friendly and really helpfull. I visited Bologna with my boyfeind - he explained us how to get to his apartment and move around te city. His apartment was cleand up before our arrival. It was comfortable and we felt almost like at home.
I would not recommend this place. There are several reasons of it.
1. The room was not like the pictures on the website. There was 3 beds and 2 closets in a dusty small room. We don't even have space to put our luggage. I don't understand why there are closets. Cause they can't be opened blocked by a bed. So we have to move a bed to another room (kitchen).
(Every night, Fabio will came back and stay in the kitchen which is right in front of the rooms. So don't even think about using kitchen at night. And I can swear to everything that I saw a cockroach and killed it in the kitchen.)
When Fabio got back, he didn't care about our problem and just scolded us by moving the bed.
He did provided us an air-conditioner though, but we had to get permission to use it whenever we want. And the manual for using hostel said we can ask for a fan if we want it. But when I ask Fabio to get a fan, somehow he rejected it and didn't get us one. Eventually we had to handle the heat by ourselves. There was no bedding to cover our body at night. So we have to use the bed sheet. Thank to God that Bologna has hot summer.
2. The room has a linked a balcony which is the only balcony in the apartment. And you cannot lock your room so you should share it with Fabio. When we were out, he came to the balcony to get his laundry and I noticed that the underwear of my friend moved to another place (And the friend is FEMALE.) It was unpleasant experience.
3. There is no drain in the bathroom except for bathtub. Also there is no shower curtain so it is hard to avoid flood after the shower. We didn't know in the first day. So I mopped the floor roughly. Unfortunately, my friend still didn't know this then. So second day, same flood happened. The water was out of bathroom floor. Then Fabio came back and scolded us again, even though he didn't tell us a thing about it. That night, we had to mop and clean this up all ourselves.
4. After all he done to us, we could not understand why we should waste the trash that included his one also. I couldn't forget his saying when we said "this doesn't make sense'. He said, "Education is education. In Europe this is right."
(And he also said we should wash our bed sheet before we left. although didn't leave a single stain. How beautiful is that!)
I am pretty sure that every airbnb hostel we visited in Europe didn't force us to waste. All he did was treating us as high school students. I am also pretty sure that Fabio will try to fight and refute this writing with his aggresive screed as he always does.
Khang Bug give me a lot of trouble from the beginning:
1. I asked him if one room was enough for him and 4 guests and he confermed it when he come he removed one bed and put it on the waal of the kitchen
2. He never asked me any cover the cupoard was full of it
3. He used the washing machine everyday often washing just few items without asking me any permission
4. every day the bathroom was full of water on the floor and the last night there were 1 cm of water all over the apt
5. I provided him an air conditioner and he used it with the open window so without any effect and just with an high consume of energy
6. He has never respected any rules in the apt
The place was clean and very nice. The kitchen has recently been replaced. In regards to the other reviews I had no such issues with the accommodations.. I would stay again at one of his places.
FYI: The place is on fourth floor and has no elevator. Basic internet on mobile hotspot but city center offers free wifi.
Friendly and welcoming host. The room was decent and with good bus connections to the city center and the central station.
The room and the apartment were what i expected. However it is a little bite far from the city center (there is a bus stop really near) and the appartment was more old that what I imagine. Anyway, it was a good deal for the price ;)
Although we expected little before arriving at the apartment due to the low price, we were sadly disappointed upon arrival. Fabio was good at communicating with us before we had arrived and met us at the apartment, it did not however make up for our uncomfortable stay. The apartment appears much cleaner in the pictures than in reality. We found cockroaches throughout our stay. There were only base sheets on the bed, no towels, and only enough toilet paper for one night. (In all fairness, you get what you pay for but it added to the uncleanliness of the place.) In addition, we did not get the sense that Fabio was very hospitable. He was more concerned with the safety of his apartment and the list of rules we had to follow when leaving than he was with making us feel welcome. To top it off, It was extremely hot and Fabio was only willing to leave us his one fan if we paid him extra! So we learned our lesson and will pay more next time for basic amenities.
This host has 149 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews