About this listing
About the place and neighborhood
Stay in a comfortable 1 bedroom apartment located on a quiet street in Lower Mount Royal near the fairly eclectic mix of restaurants, cafes and bars of 17th Avenue. The apartment is ideally located on the edge of Mount Royal where you can walk by historic mansions built by the city's pioneers or find life on the street one block north.
The pictures describe the place better than I can: it's recently renovated, open concept and clean.
- Sleeping: The bed will have clean sheets, duvet and pillows
- Hygiene: We'll leave towels, fresh bars of soap and shampoo just in case
- Cleaning clothes: There's a washing machine and dryer in the unit that you're welcome to use. You can use our laundry detergent to make things more convenient
- Cooking: If you want to cook you can use our pots, pans, blender, juicer, what we have for spices etc...
- Internet/TV: You'll have access to our wifi and netflix on our smart TV
- Parking: One outdoor parking space is included
- Bike rental: There's a bike rental shop nearby called BikeBike
- Public transport: There's a number of bus routes that pass just down the street You're also not far from from C train stations that run through downtown
Details on what's nearby (by foot)
- 12-15 min walk to downtown
- 12-15 min walk to the C-train (light rail public transit)
- 2 min walk to the bus stop (depending on which bus of course)
- 1 min walk to 17th Ave (street full of shopping, cafes, restaurants and bars)
- 7 min walk to bike rental shop
- 20-25 min walk to Greyhound bus station
- 7-15 min walk to a grocery stores (Community Natural Foods, Safeway, Old School Emporium and CO-OP)
- 7-10 min walk to bakeries
- 3 min walk to liquor store
- 7-10 min walk to banks
- 5-15 min walk to various parks/plazas
- 20-25 min walk to Bow River pathways
- 15-20 min walk to Elbow River pathways
Details on what's nearby (by car)
- 5 min drive to downtown
- 25-45 min drive to airport (depending on traffic)
- 15 min drive to University of Calgary
- 10 min drive to Mount Royal University
- 10 min drive to SAIT
- 15 min drive to Chinook Mall
The apartment has one double bed and a couch where a 3rd guest can sleep.
Expect to feel at home and enjoy Calgary from a convenient and central location.
The apartment is yours to enjoy. We just ask that you be respectful of the place (i.e. no crazy parties).
I can highly recommend Christoph's apartment. It's in a great location, just a block away from 17th Street which is full of shops and restaurants, yet it's also quiet and perfect for sleeping. It's very clean and new with quality appliances and furniture and the kitchen had everything I needed to really be able to cook during my 10 day stay. I loved the deep bathtub on cold winter nights. Christoph was very quick to respond during both booking and when there was an internet glitch during my stay. This is a really great place to stay and I will definitely book again when I return to Calgary.
I would highly recommend staying in this place. Everything was so clean and Christoph was extremely helpful. The apartment is beautiful and in a great location right off of 17th ave, perfect place to be when visiting.
Christoph's rental was perfect for our week long stay in Calgary. The apartment was clean and organized and is in a great location for walking to cafes and restaurants. Christoph was easy to communicate with and quick to reply to messages. I'd definitely recommend staying at his Airbnb rental next time you are in Calgary!
As our first AirBnB experience, this one was absolutely on the mark. We were met by Christoph's mom-in-law, got the detailed info on the apartment, and then enjoyed a great 7 nights in the Mount Royal area of Calgary. The apartment itself was spotless; the very firm hotel-quality queen bed in the bedroom provided us with the best possible rest, and the shower water pressure provided a refreshing awakening in the mornings with its firehose-like pressure. The apartment was conveniently outfitted with all the necessary amenities, though it was good I brought my own laptop so I could use the WiFi in order to watch the news - the apartment does not have a television. While in Calgary, we delighted in using the economical Car2Go (even took it from the airport to the apartment), and the 17th Avenue retail/restaurant zone within a 5 minute walk of the apartment was a delight to visit during our stay/. I would certainly recommend this apartment as the ideal combination of comfort, near proximity to Calgary downtown, and local neighborhood ambiance; Christoph's complete communications prior to arrival provide the guest with a high degree of confidence in the overall quality of the stay.
I stayed at Christoph's apartment for 3 nights with my daughter. The apartment was spotless, just as it appears in the photos. The location was awesome. We were easily able to walk to great restaurants for all of our meals. Christoph was super accommodating and returned messages right away. I would love to stay here again if I get the chance.
A lovely apartment in a great location. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time staying here! A stones throw from plenty of places to eat and drink while still being quiet and set back from everything.
Walking into the city center was easy and pleasurable (20mins) or a very short taxi ride.
The apartment itself was very clean and welcoming. It had pretty much everything we needed. Contact with Christoph was always available should we have needed anything. This place has a big recommendation from me!
Tip: going back to the airport was an $8 taxi ride to The Calgary Tower then a $3.50 bus ride straight to the airport. The whole trip was about 30mins. Unfortunately, I didn't know that when I landed in Calgary, so the taxi from the airport to the apartment was $55.
Thank you Christoph for making our stay in Calgary an amazing one!
Christoph was an excellent host; his apartment was a great space and extremely clean, with clean sheets and towels and any other supplies we might have needed, and he was very punctual in meeting us to drop off and pick up the keys. We would absolutely stay at Christoph's place again if we ever find ourselves in Calgary.
This host has 95 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Christoph
Nothing puts things into perspective like travel .. seeing a new way of life, a new way of thinking or just eating delicious and perhaps mysterious new foods. There's fewer experiences we remember better than the things we do, people we meet when we our outside our own environment. I love it when people visit the city I was born in and enjoy experiencing all that is here.
I work in international development with renewable energy, my wife is an immigration consultant. We've both been fortunate to have (between the two of us) lived, worked, studied in North, Central and South America, South and East Asia, Europe, Australia and West Africa. We love people and languages; I've studied seven languages and my wife three.