About this listing
This treehouse-like studio is a sunny detached structure in our backyard with an excellent view of Mt. Hood. The inside is well decorated and inviting with one large room that sleeps up to four and has a full kitchen.
THE SPACE: This treehouse-like, one-room studio is a sunny detached structure in our backyard, on the second floor above the garage. But fear not! We do not use the garage for parking, so no noisy door-opening will invade your quietude. And because it is a detached structure, you are ensured a private environment, shaded from neighbors and our own home by an old apple tree. Once upstairs, you can enjoy the view of Mt. Hood from your private deck, overlooking our urban farm: vegetable and herb garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens, bunnies, and honey bees. A great place for your morning cup of coffee or an evening cocktail. The studio itself is one large room that sleeps up to four (one brand new queen-sized bed and one queen-sized sofa bed), a full kitchen, and cozy, bright bathroom with cast iron bathtub/shower. The kitchen is equipped with utensils, dinnerware, basic appliances (including coffee pot and grinder), and cookware; linens and towels are included; and though we don't have cable, there is a television available for DVDs, as well as high-speed wireless internet.
THE NEIGHBORHOOD: We are just a short walk east of Mount Tabor, a 190 acre public park and dormant volcano in southeast Portland - great for picnic-ers, birders, runners, concert-goers... this park has it all. We are also within walking distance of the fabulous Montavilla neighborhood, which includes a movie theater, coffee shop, and multiple boutiques, bars, and a number of excellent restaurants. Ask us for recommendations - we've tried them all! If coffee-drinking, beer-tasting, vintage-shopping, and people-watching are up your alley, a five-minute drive or short bike or bus ride gets you to the Hawthorne and Belmont neighborhoods. A 20 minute drive gets you to the Columbia Gorge, 60 minutes to wine tasting in the Willamette Valley, and 90 minutes to the beach!
US: We love this place! Jeff and Katie have lived in Portland for approximately ten years, transplanted from Alaska and Chicago, respectively. We live in the main house, a quaint 1888 Victorian, with our daughter, Nina Clementine. We embrace the fact that your space is private, relaxing, and quiet... except for the occasional cluck of a chicken down below!
TRANSPORTATION: We are a 15-minute drive or a 45-minute train/bus ride six miles south of Portland International Airport. You then have a three block walk from the bus, which also will take you directly into downtown Portland and then on to NW Portland - a must-visit for first-timers! This neighborhood is wonderfully walkable and has great access to public transportation, so a car is absolutely not a necessity... however, the quiet neighborhood affords you plenty of street parking.
1. NO SMOKING.
2. NO PETS. Sorry, no pets allowed.
3. CONSERVE HEAT AND ELECTRICITY. We want to be as low-impact as possible. Please conserve energy by turning off heat and electricity when you are away.
4. LOCK DOORS & WINDOWS. Please make sure the doors and windows are locked when you leave the house.
5. HOUSEKEEPING. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included.
6. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice.
7. LIABILITY. House is privately owned. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on premises. Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests.
8. NO PARTIES. No more then 6 people max are allowed in the house at any time unless prior arrangements have been made with the owners, and written consent is given.
9. SAFETY EQUIPMENT. For your safety, please do not tamper with the CO2 and fire alarms. A first aid kit is stored on the shelving unit, next to the maps.
If problems arise during your stay please notify us IMMEDIATELY so that we can address issues as soon as possible. We are very responsive and want to make sure you have a great stay.
About the Host, Jeff And Katie
Jeff and Katie have lived in Portland for approximately ten years, transplanted from Alaska and Chicago, respectively. Jeff works in Natural Resources, Katie as a Speech Pathologist, and Nina (two years old) as bringer of joy to the world. Our priority at home is to maximize outdoor living, so we are out in the yard and garden a lot. Our priority as hosts is to respect your space and privacy. We feel so lucky to be part of the AirBnB community and are always open to questions and feedback. We so hope you enjoy your stay with us!