About This Listing
Fun and funky 3/2 House with large deck and porch in Central, East Austin. Our family-friendly home is close to Downtown and Lady Bird Lake. Located in the 78702 zip code, our happy home is tucked into a quiet residential neighborhood but with immediate access to the downtown area (1 mile away), Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail, Restaurants, Bars, and more. Our bungalow-style house is at your disposal and we encourage the use of our canoes, entertainment center, firepit, and games. Capital Metro has a bus stop one block from the house, but there is plenty to experience within walking distance.
• Large Master Bedroom with California King bed (Sleeps 2)
• Guest Bedroom with Queen-sized, pull-out couch and TV with digital cable, DVR, and DVD player (Sleeps 2)
• Bedroom with twin bunk beds. We can also place a blow-up twin mattress on the floor in this room – (Sleeps 2-3)
• The living room couch sleeps 1
• No bedrooms share a wall.
• Bathroom 1: Stand-up shower and pedestal sink
• Bathroom 2: Full bathtub with amenities and separate sink area
KITCHEN AND LIVING ROOM
• Open floor plan between kitchen and living area for socializing
• Bar area with stocked bar
• Flat screen TV with digital cable, DVR, and DVD player.
• Fully loaded kitchen with oven and gas range, dishwasher, full size refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, blender, toaster oven, and juicer.
• Lots of natural light and plenty of seating to enjoy your Austin vacation
• Picnic style dining table seats 8
• Spacious outdoor deck, perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine and entertaining
• Beautiful outdoor chairs
• Picnic table set up for an outdoor BBQ
• Large charcoal grill
• Electric smoker
• Firepit and logs
• Canoes are available for your use with easy access to Lady Bird Lake entrance
• Open-air, entry porch with seating
• Plenty of parking in the driveway (2-3 cars)
• Parking is also available on the street (no parking permit required)
• Large high-efficiency front-load washer and dryer
• Kid friendly, toys available
• Wireless internet available throughout house and on the deck
• Babysitter references are available upon request
• Quiet neighborhood with lovingly restored homes
• One mile from the Rainey Street Bars, East 6th Street area, and Red River music district
• 1 block away from the Austin Hike and Bike Trail circling Lady Bird Lake. The Hike and Bike Trail provides easy walking or biking to downtown
• Walking/Biking distance to plenty of restaurants, including the Food Network’s Juan in a Million (try the Don Juan if you dare!), Weather Up (mixology bar), Counter Culture (vegan eatery), and Cenote (amazing coffeehouse).
• One block from (website hidden)'s convenience store where you can stock up on a great selection of beer, as well as wine, snacks, and gas
TRASH – Please take both (brown and blue) trash bins to the curb Thursday night for early Friday morning pick-up.
CATS – The cats are primarily outdoor animals. If they bother you, just put them outside and close the laundry door, which will allow them to come in to eat. Please keep their food and water bowls replenished on a daily basis. Cat food is in the white box in front of the washing machine.
SMOKING – Absolutely no smoking in the house. Smoking is allowed on the deck and porch, but please collect the butts and put them in the trash. Do not throw cigarette butts on the ground.
FOOD AND ALCOHOL – Help yourself to any food in the fridge, freezer, or pantry as well as any booze. Enjoy!
NOISE – Please be considerate of our neighbors, especially with loud noise late at night.
MAIL - Please bring in mail on a daily basis and place it in the wicker basket on the microwave.
•As a general rule, please leave the house as you found it.
•Put all dirty dishes into the dishwasher and start the load
•Strip all the beds and place all dirty towels into the bathtub
•Return the key to the metal container by the shed door
We found the house VERY nice. We could fit seven people without any problems.
The host had left snacks and drinks, so it was a great welcome.
We could walk into convention hall (Downtown Austin) in about 25-30 minutes.
We will definitely try to book this house again.
Karyn was extremely friendly. We didn't have much contact with her during our stay as we didn't need to but the booking process was easy and she was extremely hospitable and provided us with snacks and a fridge full of beer. The house was very clean and had a spacious kitchen and living area. The cats are very friendly too but do like to be indoors more than outdoors so if you're allergic be cautious. The location was close to downtown and all the bars on the east side of Austin so that was great! The downsides I'd say were only 1 real bed and 1 bunk bed that even at 5'7 I was hanging over, so I can't say that it sleeps 8 comfortably. Closer to 6 but not so comfortably unless you get the master bed and are a small person for the bunks. The second con was the water pressure in the kitchen and one of the bathrooms was not very good so made showering and washing dishes a little difficult. But other than those things everything was good and we had a comfortable stay during ACL. Good location and house for the value. 3.5/5
Karyn's house is great, it has a large kitchen and she left us a lot of snacks and beer, it was easy to communicate with her, she left clear instructions for the house, it is a nice neighborhood and really close to bus stops and down town and the cat is really friendly.
extremely accommodating! there is only one real bed, a pull out, and an air mattress, but it is more than made up for like an expansive kitchen, hardwood floors & a washer/dryer. The hosts left us beer, champagne, soda, snacks & a full bar, which was awesome! The house was very clean and there were plenty of blankets. The hosts were also readily available via text message to answer questions or help us find the hidden key when we got locked out! It was a great experience.
About the Host, Karyn
Hi! My family and I love to have fun and enjoy Austin. We have a great time eating a local restaurants, riding bikes around town, and all things aquatic. I'm a recent doctoral graduate from UT and my husband is an avid environmental geologist. We love to travel and are excited to share our home with fellow globetrotters. We have two small children who keep us busy, but we still enjoy the occasional raucous night out in Austin. We would love for you to enjoy our home, just let me know how we can accommodate your needs. We have lived in the Austin area for 10 years so we have plenty of recommendations to help your trip go from average to amazing.