About This Listing
Our place is located just 10 minutes by car from Siena (highway) in the enchanting medieval village of TORRI. In the top of the hill that dominates the village is located the prehistoric installation (Neolithic) of SIENA VECCHIA from which our site takes his name. Afterwards this place gave hospitality to the Etruscan people, to the Celts and to the Gauls Senoni. OUR GUESTS CAN IN ANY MOMENT GO TO THE ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN LOCATED JUST A FEW STEPS FROM THE HOUSE AND PICK WHAT THE NATURE OFFERS. Every day, from the chicken and the ducks that scratch free in our field, FRESH EGGS ARE AVAILABLE.We sell organic extravirgin olive oil from our olive trees and a free taste of our oil is a welcome gift. We are part of a circuit of preservers of ancient seeds (rural civilization). ALL ANIMALS ARE WELCOME. Approximately 1 km from the houses: supermarket, pharmacy, bancomat, bus service to Siena, post office, first-aid station, ecc….
From Torri and from the windows of the apartments the look can range 'til the city of Siena and further. The building is very ancient and has been entirely restorated according to the principles of the BIO-BUILDING to offer an healthy and pleasant microclimate. All the apartments are furnished with all the comforts, TV, free internet connection, private parking and furnished garden.
APARTMENT "PARATA": (2+1) the apartment has three beds in a very big room and faces the little court in which it's easy to socialize. It is recommended to those who love to relax in the bath tub.
e are always present and at your disposal to give you, if requested, suggestions and indications. One peculiarity of our structure is the possible free use of our organic vegetable garden. Our holiday house is located in a strategic point from which it's possible to reach the sea in just one hour by car. Here are our proposals:
- Baths in the natural swimming pools of the rivers Farma and Merse
- Guided excursions on booking to the naturalistic oasis of the area and of the Montagnola Senese (the excursions with specialized guide are on payment)
- Visit to the places nearby the village of Torri: Castiglion che Dio sol sa, place from which begins the path of the ancient mills –Course of 'Pia de' Tolomei' and hermitage of Santa Lucia - Avenues of Stigliano
- Horse rides ( Horse centre of Val di Merse just a few kilometres from Torri)
- Trakking on mountain bikes ( Rosia bike )
- International golf a few kilometres from Torri ( La Bagnaia )
- Wellness treatments, thermal baths, massages, beauty and health at 15 minutes by car ( Spa Antica Querciolaia in Rapolano, thermal baths of Petriolo, ecc. )
- Oenogastronomic tours ( APT Siena )
- Ethnographic Museum of the woods and of the métayage of Orgia, Etruscan museum of Murlo, ecc. (see fondazione musei senesi )
- Visit to the Mercatale where local food products are sold and other markets and fairs of Siena and surroundings ( APT Siena )
- Excursions to places nearby and not, of particular historical/artistic interest : Siena - San Galgano at 15 Km. - Eremo (hermitage) of Lecceto - Monteriggioni - Castle of Celsa - Castle of Montarrenti - Cetinale - Certosa of Maggiano - Le Crete Senesi - Monte Oliveto Maggiore - The hills of Chianti - Pienza - Montalcino and Sant' Antimo - Bagno Vignoni - San Gimignano and Volterra
Logement parfaitement équipé, propre, agréable et dans un village typique. Claudio est très accueillant. Merci !
Claudio's apartment was our most favorite place we stayed in Italy. A very beautiful setting, and cozy apartment in a medieval village. A short drive to Siena, and all the amazing Tuscany countryside. We loved coming back here to relax at the end of the day. We got very lost on our way from Pisa airport, but we
Didn't write the directions down and our phones died but Claudio was very sweet to wait up so late. Very clean, and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Tuscany. Thank you so much Claudio.
We had a really nice time in Claudio's flat. The apartment is new, quite a full equipment and Claudio is a welcoming person
Both me and my spouse had a pleasant stay. Claudio was very helpful and gave us some sightseeing tips. He welcomed us with a bottle of Chianti waiting on the kitchen table. The appartment is located in the countryside in a small picturesque hamlet. It's a very quiet location (occasionally a dog that barks, occasionally a few footsteps above us). My tablet couldn't find the Wi-Fi signal, neither outside, but that was a minor detail for us.
Claudio was so welcoming upon our arrival. He didn't mind that we arrived so late in the evening (about 8pm). He left a "booklet" at home with a lot of good restaurants, local cheese and wine stores and a bottle of wine that was perfect for our first dinner there. The house was perfect for a couple, or a couple and a friend or child. The bed was huge as you can see in the pictures. Wi-Fi works great in the outside, not so well inside which we didn't mind because the weather was great and having breakfast in the garden was amazing. Really nothing bad to talk about. We would recommend everyone and would repeat at Claudio's house.
Me and my boyfriend had a great time at Claudios apartment. The apartment has a big bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom. So there is enough space for all your things. There is no breakfast included but with your own kitchen you can bring or buy your own stuff for breakfast. With our GPS we had no problem to find the apartment. The area is really nice and you have a great view over the toscany! Claudio was very nice, friendly and helpful. He prepared some sheets with very useful informations and advices. We only stayed 2 nights but we would have loved to stay longer!
Claudio is a wonderful host. He welcomed us with two bottles of wine and his own olive oil. He was a great source of information about the region and was always available to answer any questions. Torri is a delightful town close to places of interest and charming on its own. Claudio welcomed us with two bottles of wine and some of his own olive oil. He was always available to answer questions and was a great source of information about the area. He very generously provided us with fresh eggs when we were having trouble finding them as well as some produce from the garden. He speaks fluent French and some English. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.
This host has 25 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Claudio
CIAO, SONO CLAUDIO, VOGLIO RICORDARVI CHE I NOSTRI OSPITI POSSONO IN QUALSIASI MOMENTO RECARSI NELL'ORTO BIOLOGICO A POCHI PASSI DA CASA E COGLIERE CIO' CHE LA NATURA OFFRE.