About this listing
Our place is located just 10 minutes by car from Siena (highway) in the enchanting medieval village of TORRI. In the top of the hill that dominates the village is located the prehistoric installation (Neolithic) of SIENA VECCHIA from which our site takes his name. Afterwards this place gave hospitality to the Etruscan people, to the Celts and to the Gauls Senoni. OUR GUESTS CAN IN ANY MOMENT GO TO THE ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN LOCATED JUST A FEW STEPS FROM THE HOUSE AND PICK WHAT THE NATURE OFFERS. Every day, from the chicken and the ducks that scratch free in our field, FRESH EGGS ARE AVAILABLE.We sell organic extravirgin olive oil from our olive trees and a free taste of our oil is a welcome gift. We are part of a circuit of preservers of ancient seeds (rural civilization). ALL ANIMALS ARE WELCOME. Approximately 1 km from the houses: supermarket, pharmacy, bancomat, bus service to Siena, post office, first-aid station, ecc….
From Torri and from the windows of the apartments the look can range 'til the city of Siena and further. The building is very ancient and has been entirely restorated according to the principles of the BIO-BUILDING to offer an healthy and pleasant microclimate. All the apartments are furnished with all the comforts, TV, free internet connection, private parking and furnished garden.
APARTMENT "PARATA": (2+1) the apartment has three beds in a very big room and faces the little court in which it's easy to socialize. It is recommended to those who love to relax in the bath tub.
e are always present and at your disposal to give you, if requested, suggestions and indications. One peculiarity of our structure is the possible free use of our organic vegetable garden. Our holiday house is located in a strategic point from which it's possible to reach the sea in just one hour by car. Here are our proposals:
- Baths in the natural swimming pools of the rivers Farma and Merse
- Guided excursions on booking to the naturalistic oasis of the area and of the Montagnola Senese (the excursions with specialized guide are on payment)
- Visit to the places nearby the village of Torri: Castiglion che Dio sol sa, place from which begins the path of the ancient mills –Course of 'Pia de' Tolomei' and hermitage of Santa Lucia - Avenues of Stigliano
- Horse rides ( Horse centre of Val di Merse just a few kilometres from Torri)
- Trakking on mountain bikes ( Rosia bike )
- International golf a few kilometres from Torri ( La Bagnaia )
- Wellness treatments, thermal baths, massages, beauty and health at 15 minutes by car ( Spa Antica Querciolaia in Rapolano, thermal baths of Petriolo, ecc. )
- Oenogastronomic tours ( APT Siena )
- Ethnographic Museum of the woods and of the métayage of Orgia, Etruscan museum of Murlo, ecc. (see fondazione musei senesi )
- Visit to the Mercatale where local food products are sold and other markets and fairs of Siena and surroundings ( APT Siena )
- Excursions to places nearby and not, of particular historical/artistic interest : Siena - San Galgano at 15 Km. - Eremo (hermitage) of Lecceto - Monteriggioni - Castle of Celsa - Castle of Montarrenti - Cetinale - Certosa of Maggiano - Le Crete Senesi - Monte Oliveto Maggiore - The hills of Chianti - Pienza - Montalcino and Sant' Antimo - Bagno Vignoni - San Gimignano and Volterra
Claudio is the kindest, sweetest man you could ever meet.This was the second stop in a weeklong vacation in Italy, and it was our favorite place to stay. The apartment is spacious, clean and equipped with anything you would find at home. The surrounding village is beautiful, and a great restaurant is a short walk away. If you rented a car, you will be given a private parking space. If you have time, try to visit the Terme di Petriolo (natural hot springs) which is about a 25 minute drive away. Siena is a short drive and the surrounding valley is stunning. I would definitely stay here again! Say "Ciao!" to the neighborhood cats for us!
Claudio es amable y muy atento, te da indicaciones y consejos muy interesantes para tus visitas y excursiones, una persona genial, buen rollo desde el principio.
Descripcion correcta y fiel del apartamento, pero sin embargo aun es mejor en directo.
Nous garderons un très très bon souvenir de notre séjour chez Claudio ! Jolie petite maison, au calme, agréable et confortable ainsi que très bien située pour visiter Sienne et les alentours ! Même si la terrasse n'est pas totalement privée, il est bon de s'y poser et on peut y croiser, mais rarement, des voisins sympathiques, respectueux de notre espace et discrets. Claudio est un hôte attentionné d'une grande gentillesse, aux conseils précieux! Levers de soleil au top le matin pour qui désirent les admirer ... Nous espérons revenir et merci Claudio pour tout !
Nous avons été très bien accueilli par Claudio, hôte très sympathique et parlant très bien le français. Nous avons apprécié les conseils sur la visite de la région qu'il a pu nous donner, et goûté les tomates de son jardin.
We have been travelling for over a month now and out of all the places we have stayed, Claudio's farm has been the best and most memorable!
From the moment we arrived to when we left he looked after us so well. Claudio brought over some eggs that the chickens had laid and some fabulous Chianti wine for us! We picked vegetables from his Garden and cooked lovely meals, our little three year old son fell in love with all the cats in the neighbourhood - he still talks about the one very fluffy cat that he named 'Jaguar'.
We used Claudio's place as a base to stay and then explored all of Siena and Toscana surrounds from there - if you are keen to try some Fiorentine steak (be warned it's traditionally cooked very rare) there is a good restaurant close by. If you plan to stay on this farm it will be best to hire a car as walking in the heat to the bus stop etc can be quite tiresome especially if you have kids.
We had the best time here in the village of Torri and Claudio and his wife were such humble, kind hosts. He even drove us to the station on the last day as we didn't have a car. We hope to welcome you to South Africa one day Claudio! 'Grazie di cuore!'
We had a wonderful stay in Claudios place. He was a great host and gave us many advices to discover the region of Siena. It always felt like coming home after a long day of hiking and sightseeing. The cosy apartment has enough space and is equipped with everything we needed. Thank you for let us stay in you apartment and thank you for the wine. It was delicious!
Het is een een goed appartement, in een leuk plaatsje (Torri).
Claudio is een goede gastheer. Bovendien kun je gebruik maken van zijn groentetuin. Hij heeft goede tips voor bezoekjes in de omgeving.
Wij zijn 6 dagen bij Claudio geweest en kijken daar met genoegen op terug.
This host has 37 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Claudio
CIAO, SONO CLAUDIO, VOGLIO RICORDARVI CHE I NOSTRI OSPITI POSSONO IN QUALSIASI MOMENTO RECARSI NELL'ORTO BIOLOGICO A POCHI PASSI DA CASA E COGLIERE CIO' CHE LA NATURA OFFRE.