Our place is located just 10 minutes by car from Siena (highway) in the enchanting medieval village of TORRI. In the top of the hill that dominates the village is located the prehistoric installation (Neolithic) of SIENA VECCHIA from which our site takes his name. Afterwards this place gave hospitality to the Etruscan people, to the Celts and to the Gauls Senoni. OUR GUESTS CAN IN ANY MOMENT GO TO THE ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN LOCATED JUST A FEW STEPS FROM THE HOUSE AND PICK WHAT THE NATURE OFFERS. Every day, from the chicken and the ducks that scratch free in our field, FRESH EGGS ARE AVAILABLE.We sell organic extravirgin olive oil from our olive trees and a free taste of our oil is a welcome gift. We are part of a circuit of preservers of ancient seeds (rural civilization). ALL ANIMALS ARE WELCOME. Approximately 1 km from the houses: supermarket, pharmacy, bancomat, bus service to Siena, post office, first-aid station, ecc….
From Torri and from the windows of the apartments the look can range 'til the city of Siena and further. The building is very ancient and has been entirely restorated according to the principles of the BIO-BUILDING to offer an healthy and pleasant microclimate. All the apartments are furnished with all the comforts, TV, free internet connection, private parking and furnished garden.
APARTMENT "LA PERGOLA"("THE BOWER"): (2+1) the apartment, romantic and reserved, is suited for couples or families with one child. Under the bower of pink wistaria there is a lovely table for two.
We are always present and at your disposal to give you, if requested, suggestions and indications. One peculiarity of our structure is the possible free use of our organic vegetable garden. Our holiday house is located in a strategic point from which it's possible to reach the sea in just one hour by car. Here are our proposals:
- Baths in the natural swimming pools of the rivers Farma and Merse
- Guided excursions on booking to the naturalistic oasis of the area and of the Montagnola Senese (the excursions with specialized guide are on payment)
- Visit to the places nearby the village of Torri: Castiglion che Dio sol sa, place from which begins the path of the ancient mills –Course of 'Pia de' Tolomei' and hermitage of Santa Lucia - Avenues of Stigliano
- Horse rides ( Horse centre of Val di Merse just a few kilometres from Torri)
- Trakking on mountain bikes ( Rosia bike )
- International golf a few kilometres from Torri ( La Bagnaia )
- Wellness treatments, thermal baths, massages, beauty and health at 15 minutes by car ( Spa Antica Querciolaia in Rapolano, thermal baths of Petriolo, ecc. )
- Oenogastronomic tours ( APT Siena )
- Ethnographic Museum of the woods and of the métayage of Orgia, Etruscan museum of Murlo, ecc. (see fondazione musei senesi )
- Visit to the Mercatale where local food products are sold and other markets and fairs of Siena and surroundings ( APT Siena )
- Excursions to places nearby and not, of particular historical/artistic interest : Siena - San Galgano at 15 Km. - Eremo (hermitage) of Lecceto - Monteriggioni - Castle of Celsa - Castle of Montarrenti - Cetinale - Certosa of Maggiano - Le Crete Senesi - Monte Oliveto Maggiore - The hills of Chianti - Pienza - Montalcino and Sant' Antimo - Bagno Vignoni - San Gimignano and Volterra
Che dire di Claudio e della sua casa? Claudio è uma peraona gelentilissima e molto a (website hidden) ha addirittura aspettati fuori casa non so per quanto tempo prima che arrivassimo!!!!! Ci ha anche dato indicazioni perfette per andare a mangiare un'ottima fiorentina alla brace! La casa è un vero nido accogliente e molto pulito! C'è tutto quello che può farti sentire come a casa!!! Appena possibile ritorneremo in quel paradiso di casa!! Ciao Claudio! Grazie e BUON ANNO!!!!!!!!
Grazie veramente di cuore
Ci siamo sentiti a casa, la struttura e' bellissima, immersa in un borgo medievale stupendo. Il panorama dalla casa e' stupendo e la pace regna sovrana. Proprietari meravigliosi,
molto disponibili e sempre presenti per ogni esigenza. Grazie grazie e ancora grazie
Claudio was extremely welcoming and flexible about our arrival time. We started our stay with a tour of the vegetable garden and a visit to the chickens! The house is absolutely perfect: calm, clean and extremely well equipped. Claudio has very carefully thought of everything guests might need to be self sufficient and comfortable. We thoroughily enjoyed the house and the area is superb.
Claudio est très avenant et sympathique et il parle un français impeccable (très pratique quand on est un peu nuls en italien...)
Le petit appartement est plein de charme, décoré simplement mais avec soin, on s'y sent comme à la maison, à la campagne.
L'accès au potager est un bonus incroyable, c'est un bonheur de pouvoir déguster les produits du jardin et d'aller cueillir les herbes aromatiques.
La maison était très propre et fidèle aux photos. Une petite documentation " maison" est à disposition des invités, avec des conseils sur les visites et les randonnées mais aussi sur ce qu'il y a à faire dans les environs, c'est toujours appréciable.
Le village est très joli et l'accès à Sienne est direct.
Nous avons passé deux jours seulement mais aurions pu rester une semaine entière. Merci pour votre bonne humeur!
We spent a wonderful week at Claudio's place. The apartment was clean, well equipped and located in stunning surrounding. I would reccommend anyone!
Great house in a small Tuscan village with fantastic views for an affordable price. Claudio was fantastic and helped us a lot. You can also pick your own vegetables and herbs from the garden.
Perfect house for perfect holidays.
Nous avons passé un superbe séjour dans un cadre magnifique et tranquille bien situé pour visiter la Toscane. Trés, trés bon accueil de Claudio, parfait !!! (même les oies étaient sympas)
This host has 26 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
CIAO, SONO CLAUDIO, VOGLIO RICORDARVI CHE I NOSTRI OSPITI POSSONO IN QUALSIASI MOMENTO RECARSI NELL'ORTO BIOLOGICO A POCHI PASSI DA CASA E COGLIERE CIO' CHE LA NATURA OFFRE.