About this listing
Our place is located just 10 minutes by car from Siena (highway) in the enchanting medieval village of TORRI. In the top of the hill that dominates the village is located the prehistoric installation (Neolithic) of SIENA VECCHIA from which our site takes his name. Afterwards this place gave hospitality to the Etruscan people, to the Celts and to the Gauls Senoni. OUR GUESTS CAN IN ANY MOMENT GO TO THE ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN LOCATED JUST A FEW STEPS FROM THE HOUSE AND PICK WHAT THE NATURE OFFERS. Every day, from the chicken and the ducks that scratch free in our field, FRESH EGGS ARE AVAILABLE.We sell organic extravirgin olive oil from our olive trees and a free taste of our oil is a welcome gift. We are part of a circuit of preservers of ancient seeds (rural civilization). ALL ANIMALS ARE WELCOME. Approximately 1 km from the houses: supermarket, pharmacy, bancomat, bus service to Siena, post office, first-aid station, ecc….
From Torri and from the windows of the apartments the look can range 'til the city of Siena and further. The building is very ancient and has been entirely restorated according to the principles of the BIO-BUILDING to offer an healthy and pleasant microclimate. All the apartments are furnished with all the comforts, TV, free internet connection, private parking and furnished garden.
APARTMENT "LA PERGOLA"("THE BOWER"): (2+1) the apartment, romantic and reserved, is suited for couples or families with one child. Under the bower of pink wistaria there is a lovely table for two.
We are always present and at your disposal to give you, if requested, suggestions and indications. One peculiarity of our structure is the possible free use of our organic vegetable garden. Our holiday house is located in a strategic point from which it's possible to reach the sea in just one hour by car. Here are our proposals:
- Baths in the natural swimming pools of the rivers Farma and Merse
- Guided excursions on booking to the naturalistic oasis of the area and of the Montagnola Senese (the excursions with specialized guide are on payment)
- Visit to the places nearby the village of Torri: Castiglion che Dio sol sa, place from which begins the path of the ancient mills –Course of 'Pia de' Tolomei' and hermitage of Santa Lucia - Avenues of Stigliano
- Horse rides ( Horse centre of Val di Merse just a few kilometres from Torri)
- Trakking on mountain bikes ( Rosia bike )
- International golf a few kilometres from Torri ( La Bagnaia )
- Wellness treatments, thermal baths, massages, beauty and health at 15 minutes by car ( Spa Antica Querciolaia in Rapolano, thermal baths of Petriolo, ecc. )
- Oenogastronomic tours ( APT Siena )
- Ethnographic Museum of the woods and of the métayage of Orgia, Etruscan museum of Murlo, ecc. (see fondazione musei senesi )
- Visit to the Mercatale where local food products are sold and other markets and fairs of Siena and surroundings ( APT Siena )
- Excursions to places nearby and not, of particular historical/artistic interest : Siena - San Galgano at 15 Km. - Eremo (hermitage) of Lecceto - Monteriggioni - Castle of Celsa - Castle of Montarrenti - Cetinale - Certosa of Maggiano - Le Crete Senesi - Monte Oliveto Maggiore - The hills of Chianti - Pienza - Montalcino and Sant' Antimo - Bagno Vignoni - San Gimignano and Volterra
Claudio nous a accueillis avec beaucoup de chaleur et un bouteille de chianti. Il nous a ouvert les portes de son potager et les tomates étaient excellentes ! ! Quand nous étions perdus après des péripéties d autobus il était au rendez vous pour nous rechercher. Claudio est vraiment très agréable et le village a beaucoup de (website hidden) maison est très agréable à vivre
Perfect place, perfect host --> go there.
We had a lovely week in Torri and Claudio is the best host you can have. He was always kind and funny and gave us hints for excursions that you can not find in any printed guide.
The appartement is clean and in perfect condition and has everything you need for your vaccation.
Your car can be parked just 10m away (private parking)
The wind in the late afternoon is cooling the house down nicely (even from the 35°C we had outside in August).
The town of Torri is just 15 from Siena and a good starting point for trips to many cities in tuscany.
A nice restaurant is just a 3 minute walk away.
Supermarket and other restaurants can be found in the surrounding towns 5 minutes by car.
We definitively recommend Claudio as a host and torri as location.
A wonderful stay at Claudio s haouse!!!! And Claudio was a great owner!!!
Claudio made us feel like family when we arrived! He is such a warm and genuine man. His place is extremely well kept and clean. The apartment feels very rustic and authentic, yet it has all the modern amenities that one would need on their vacation. We absolutely loved our stay here. It is situated right in the heart of the Medieval village of Torri, and is conveniently located very close to Siena's historic center (only about a 20 minute drive), and there is a great view of Siena from the backyard. Everyone we met in the village was also very warm and welcoming - we made friends on our first day there! Staying at Caludio's place was far better than any hotel we have stayed in - AMAZING! Ciao Claudio, spero che ci vediamo presto!
I travel a lot and Claudio's place was one of the best experiences I've had so far. It was really amazing - breathtaking view, nice design, the feeling of a living history combined with the modern day comfort.
Claudio was very welcoming, charming and helpful. I've never seen olive trees before, so I had a lot of questions about them for Claudio and he told me many interesting facts about these beautiful trees.
I hope one day I come back. Definitely recommend to everyone traveling through Tuscany.
Che dire di Claudio e della sua casa? Claudio è uma peraona gelentilissima e molto a (website hidden) ha addirittura aspettati fuori casa non so per quanto tempo prima che arrivassimo!!!!! Ci ha anche dato indicazioni perfette per andare a mangiare un'ottima fiorentina alla brace! La casa è un vero nido accogliente e molto pulito! C'è tutto quello che può farti sentire come a casa!!! Appena possibile ritorneremo in quel paradiso di casa!! Ciao Claudio! Grazie e BUON ANNO!!!!!!!!
Grazie veramente di cuore
Ci siamo sentiti a casa, la struttura e' bellissima, immersa in un borgo medievale stupendo. Il panorama dalla casa e' stupendo e la pace regna sovrana. Proprietari meravigliosi,
molto disponibili e sempre presenti per ogni esigenza. Grazie grazie e ancora grazie
This host has 49 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Claudio
CIAO, SONO CLAUDIO, VOGLIO RICORDARVI CHE I NOSTRI OSPITI POSSONO IN QUALSIASI MOMENTO RECARSI NELL'ORTO BIOLOGICO A POCHI PASSI DA CASA E COGLIERE CIO' CHE LA NATURA OFFRE.