HOT TUB coming in December 2017! Welcome to my 1925 Craftsman Bungalow, where historic charm meets the modern comforts of home in one of Portland’s original residential areas. Set in a quiet neighborhood close to downtown, this is the perfect home-away-from-home for family gatherings and large groups looking for an authentic Portland experience.
This space is ideally suited for
• family gatherings
• out-of-town wedding guests
Near the Airport and Convention Center, yet within one block of grocery, drugstore, Starbucks and public transit.
Endless options for dining and entertainment within walking distance of the popular Alberta Arts, Mississippi, Williams and Dekum Triangle commercial districts. Seven minutes to Pearl District, ten minutes to Rose Quarter.
This family-friendly home welcomes children and dogs.
• 2 bedrooms, 1 bath on main floor
• 2 bedrooms, 1 bath on second floor
• Luxurious high-end bedding
• Sleeps up to 17 with available queen and twin Aerobeds and sectional
• 14 parking spaces including 2 off-street
• Central A/C
• Security system
• 60-inch Samsung HDTV and Blu-Ray DVD Player in living room • HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz.
• HDTV in three of four bedrooms
• Seated dining for 17
• Fully-equipped kitchen, and place settings for 50
• Patio with BBQ, covered front porch with chairs
• Dual hot water heater system
• High-efficiency washer, laundry on basement level
• Iron, ironing board, and hair dryer on every level
• Small clothes steamer
• Family-friendly features including Pack-N-Play, two high chairs, booster seats, security gates, 15 board games, toys and bath toys
Four air mattresses are available upon request.
"This is the best equipped house I have ever rented, in 40 years."
** This home has a "Type 2 procedure Land Use Review CU - Conditional Use" permit which is now required for 3-to-5-bedroom vacation rentals per a recent change in the Short Term Housing Law in Portland. If you are checking other vacation rentals, be sure to ask the owner if they have this permit which is required to operate legally under the new law in the city (and this is an indicator for guaranteeing your reservation).**
You have access to the main and upper levels of the home as well as the laundry room on the lower level.
Other things to note
No smoking or vaping in the home. No drinking under age 21 (Oregon law).
Shoes are not allowed in the home. Please remove shoes at front door. Late checkout fee is half the nightly rate or $50 per hour, whichever is greater. Dogs allowed subject to owner's approval.
House rules for owners with dogs:
1. Proof of monthly flea treatment must be provided to host prior to check in date
2. Nails must be trimmed and rounded/filed
3. Proof of nails trimmed and rounded/filed must be presented to host prior to check in date
4. Dogs must wear supplied booties while in the home
4. Dogs must stay off of the furniture, beds and carpet upstairs.
5. Dogs must not be left unattended in the home unless they are caged
License or registration number14-238657
Learn about this number
NO HOT TUB USE PERMITTED PRIOR TO DECEMBER 2017. ALL GUESTS USING HOT TUB ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN HOT TUB RULES AND WAIVER/RELEASE PRIOR TO DATE OF ARRIVAL AND ABIDE BY HOT TUB RULES.
• Hot Tub hours are from 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Use of hot tub outside of these hours may be cause for eviction without a refund. The Property is located in a residential area with strict curfew laws associated with "excessive" noise. Please keep noise levels to a minimum.
• Please check the temperature of the water in the hot tub before use. Maximum safe water temperature should be established by a medical practitioner, not to exceed 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Do not use or allow the hot tub to be used alone.
• Minors under the age of 18 shall not utilize the hot tub unsupervised. Unsupervised use by children is strictly prohibited. Never leave children unattended in the vicinity of the hot tub.
• People with infectious diseases should not use the hot tub
INCREASED SIDE EFFECTS OF MEDICATION
• The use of drugs or alcohol nay cause unconsciousness with the possibility of drowning. Persons using medications should consult a physician before using a hot tub. Some medication may cause a user to become drowsy, while other medication may affect heart rate, blood pressure and circulation. Persons taking medications which induce drowsiness, such as tranquilizers, antihistamines or anticoagulants should not use the hot tub.
• Pregnant women should consult a physician before using hot tub
• Persons suffering from obesity or with a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory system problems, or diabetes should consult a physician before using a hot tub.
• The use of alcohol, drugs or medication can greatly increase the risk of fatal hyperthermia in hot tubs and spas
• The water in the hot tub should never exceed 104 degrees. Water temperatures between 100 and 104 are considered safe for a normal adult. Lower water temperatures are recommended for extended use (exceeding ten minutes) and for young children. Extended use can cause hyperthermia.
• Do not use hot tub immediately following strenuous exercise.
• Use and lock the vinyl cover when the hot tub is not in use, whether it is empty or full.
• Do not leave the hot tub exposed to the sun without water or the cover in place.
• The following products are the ONLYapproved cleaning agents for the hot tub: plain water, CALDERA Monarch Spa Shine, Brilliance or Soft Scrub.
• Do not add anything to the water including foaming bubbles, chemicals, soaps, bath oils, etc. If these items are used in the hot tubs, an additional cleaning fee will be assessed.
• Absolutely no candles (floating or any type) are allowed on or in the hot tub.
• Absolutely no shoes are to be worn in the hot tub.
• Absolutely no pets are allowed in hot tub.
• Absolutely no electrical appliances should be used in or near the hot tub.
• Surrounding patio/deck may be slippery and dangerous when wet.
• Persons who have high blood pressure, skin sensitivities, or who might be pregnant are strongly urged not to use a hot tub. If in doubt, please consult with a physician prior to using the hot tub.
• Observe reasonable time limits to avoid nausea, dizziness and fainting. Should you experience any of these symptoms, carefully exit the hot tub immediately.
• Lessee agrees to leave the hot tub in the same condition it was received.
• Lessee agrees to fully reimburse and indemnify Lessor for damage caused to the hot tub during lease term, including damage caused by any person, including invited or uninvited guests, pets, animals, and children.
• Lessee understands there will be no reduction in rental fees if the hot tub is unused or unavailable during the term of Lessee's rental period.
• Please do not turn off or unplug the hot tub.
• The hot tub is serviced and chemically treated weekly and drained monthly.
• It is recommended that no jewelry is worn in the hot tub due to chemicals used. The chemicals in hot tubs can also affect color-treated hair and damage swimsuits.
• The hot tub shall be covered and locked when not in use, especially if there are any children in the vicinity. Hot tub covers are easily damaged. Lessee agrees to inspect the hot tub cover for any damage upon arrival and advise Lessor of any problems.
Pet deposit $100 per dog
No cats allowed
1.CHECK-IN TIME IS FLEXIBLE - Normal check in time is 5 pm. This is flexible. Please communicate with the host your expected arrival and departure time and if you would like to check in earlier.
2.HOUSE - Guests will maintain House in same condition as when they received it. Please remove shoes at front door.
3.KITCHEN USE - Guests to turn exhaust fan on during all cooking. No fat or grease to be poured down sink drain or toilet.
4.WASHER, DRYER, APPLIANCES - Washer and dryer in basement and all appliances in kitchen available for use by by Guests. Guests to clean lint filter before each clothes load is dried.
5. This is a NON SMOKING house. Smoking is allowed outdoors as long as no odor is brought into the house, and cigarette waste is properly disposed of in a garbage container. If we find evidence of smoking inside the home we will impose a $500 per day remediation fine.
6. USE OF COMMON AREAS - Common area in basement is not available for use of Guests at this time.
7. DRUG USE - No drug use allowed in Home.
8.HAIR DYE - No hair dye of any kind is allowed
9.CONSUMING FOOD - Guests will consume food on the kitchen table or dining room table only. No food to be consumed elsewhere in home.
10.All rules automatically apply to any guest or visitor of the Guests and are the responsibility of the Guests.
11.No keys will be given or entry allowed by non-contractual renters unless accompanied by Guests
12.FIREPLACE - No fireplace use permitted by Guests at any time without prior written approval of Host
13.BATHROOM – Host to provide toilet paper.
14.BEDS - Protective pillow covers and mattress cover must be left on beds and pillows at all times during use.
15.Each room should have an itemized list of “furnished, landlord-owned property"
16.STORAGE - Guests will not be allowed to store extensive furniture/furnishings on premises
17.BIKES - Guests' bikes must be kept in garage
18.WEAPONS - No weapons are allowed on premises
19.KEYS - The fee for lost keys is $25.
20.PETS – No pets are allowed in the home except by host;s prior approval. If owner approves dogs, the following house rules apply:
- due to the hardwood floors on the main level that have been recently refinished, all dogs' nails must be trimmed and rounded prior to arrival and the guest must provide proof this was done prior to arrival
- supplied dog booties are required to be worn in the home
- dogs must stay off the furniture and beds in the home as well as the carpet on the upper level
- the guest must not leave dogs unattended in the home (or they must be caged or in crates)
- the pet fee is $100
21.FOOD – Various spices and food are located in the kitchen and available for Guests' use. Please replace anything you use up.
22.CLEANING FEE – Guests shall pay a non-refundable cleaning fee in addition to rent and security deposit. Guests are expected to uphold the following responsibilities.
a. All garbage, debris and rubbish are to be placed in garbage containers on South side of home
b. Soiled dishes are to be placed in the dishwasher and cleaned
c. Doors and windows are to be locked
d. MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, there is no daily maid service. Towels and linens are not to be taken from the house.
23. RATE CHANGES – Rates are subject to change without notice.
24.FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. This includes false or misleading statements about the number of guests who will be staying at the property.
25.TRASH – Trash service and recycling is weekly on Thursday mornings. Guests are responsible for any charges incurred for trash removal aside from the weekly service provided on Thursday mornings.
26.EXTRA GUESTS - No more than 15 guests are allowed in the house at any time unless prior arrangements have been made with the Host.
27.ASSIGNMENT AND SUBLETTING - Guests shall not assign this Agreement, or sublet or grant any concession or license to use any part of the House without Host's prior written consent. Any assignment, subletting, concession, or license without the prior written consent of Host, or an assignment or subletting by operation of law, shall be void and, at Host's option, terminate the rental agreement.
28.DANGEROUS MATERIALS - Guests shall not keep in the House any article or thing of a dangerous, inflammable, or explosive character that might unreasonably increase the danger of fire on or around the Room or House or that might be considered hazardous.
29.WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
Guests hereby agree to pay the amount stated in the Rental Confirmation and any excess damage or losses accrued during their stay. Treat this home as you would your own, with respect, care and love.
Commercial video and photo shoots are strictly forbidden without prior and authorized consent. Associated day-rate fees, liability waivers and copyright contracts will apply if consent is given. Please note photo shoots done without prior consent face penalties of up to $1,000 a day.
I can have as much interaction with guests as you are comfortable with. I can be available to check in and then leave you to do as you wish. I am also more than willing to socialize, if time allows. Whatever your comfort level may be I am willing to accommodate.
I am originally from Indiana. I have lived in Portland 15 years. I enjoy cooking, preparing gourmet dishes, traveling, Latin dancing and hiking. I love to take my guests on tours of the Portland area and show them all the great things this area has to offer.