Our flat is exceptionally well-located! It's on the same line as most London Attractions & truly close to the tube station. The single bedroom is warm & cosy, the futon sleeps another two; we are experienced family hosts and will have time for you!
• Two minutes walk to Underground Station
• 20 minutes by Piccadilly Line train to central London
• Warm, family hospitality
• Help yourself to tea, coffee & toast for breakfast (Completely Self-service)
• No cleaning fees
Staying with us would feel more like a homestay rather than a B&B. We've got 6 years' experience hosting visitors from around the world via other websites. We have two children aged 10 and 13. They are also experienced hosts and will be happy to help and guide you. We also have two cats that live outside.
• The price you see is for the first person only. Please ask before booking because it can be confusing. Our standard rates in July and August per day depending on number of persons:
£37 (1 person)
£53 (2 persons)
£72 (3 persons)
£85 (4 people)
£97(5, small people only;-))
If you'd like to enjoy the flat in privacy with a larger group and get rid of us, it will be £135. Sleeps up to 7 with no one on floor or air mattresses.
• The price you see above excludes the Airbnb booking fee.
Our flat is on the ground floor of a Victorian era house on a quiet, residential street 2 minutes walk from the Underground. It's important for you to note that you are being hosted by our family, and that we don't operate like a private hostel. You will be sharing the house with us and our other guests.
A small, bright bedroom that you share with family paraphernalia has an extra-wide single bed (105cm wide) . The single bed can sleep two average size people comfortably. There is also a futon bed in the room that you can use for an extra person or to put your suitcases on. Don't expect the same standard as a private room in a hostel, but it will be clean, comfortable and relatively private. Suitable for one or two people; the second person pays an additional amount per day. The room is a single room, 4.3m x 2.1m.
There is a also a futon available in the living room and this is the space for extra people because the room is small. So if you are a group of 4 or 5 people, two will sleep in the living room on the double futon.
The living room has light coming in from 05:00 in summer; please remind us to set-up a curtain if you expect that this will bother you.
The living room accommodation is rented separately so you may be sharing the house with our family and other guests.
---What to expect---
You will be staying (email hidden)d in family home (complete with with peeling paint and cracked tiles in the bathroom!) -- so it helps to not expect anything near pristine. We keep it clean, we love having people stay and we are interested in getting to know you and have you experience what it's like to be with a family.
None of the bedroom doors has a lock so if this is a concern for you please take your valuables when you go out. We cannot take responsibility for them.
You have use of our garden and wireless broadband, and free parking spaces are available within an easy walk.
• We are quite easy going but please also refer to the House Rules.
• Smoking is permitted in the garden.
• Fresh towels and bedlinen are provided: though unironed.
• Breakfast of toast, coffee or tea is included. We will show you where to find breakfast items and wish you to prepare the breakfast for yourself - self-service. Please help yourself to hot drinks at any time during the day.
• With regard to meals with us that you haven't asked for in advance, please bring something to the table or show your own capacity to share.
• Finally please note that there is one bathroom in the flat. We normally manage adequately with up to four extra persons, but our place won't suit you if you tend to spend more than a half-hour in the bathroom. The bathroom does not look as bad as photographed but it has many imperfections.
---Travelling times Underground & Train---
• Bounds Green Underground station, Piccadilly Line (Zone 3): 2 minutes walk
• Primark Clothing Store-Wood Green Station: 10 minutes
• Kings Cross Station: 20 minutes
• Eurostar-St Pancras Station: 30 minutes
• Oxford Street, the British Museum, Trafalgar Square areas: 30 minutes
• City Of London i.e. financial district, Moorgate Station: 30 minutes
• Natural History, Science, Victoria & Albert Museums, South Kensington Station: 45 minutes, direct train trip.
• Westfield Shopping Centre, Westfield Station: 40 minutes.
• Taxi (minicab) fare from central London to house is £30. Ask us for the phone number so that you can order the taxi when you need it.
Bounds Green is a pleasant and quiet neighbourhood, and due to its easy access to London Underground's Piccadilly Line, it will take you 30 minutes from our front door to Piccadilly Circus. The museums in South Kensington are also on the Piccadilly Line as are other popular spots like Trafalgar Square, British Museum and Covent Garden.
There are well-stocked grocery stores nearby, along with many take-aways and two pubs. If you like cafes, ice-creams and browsing, buses 102 and 299 will take you to nearby Muswell Hill, and if you like parks and stunning views across London we are twenty minutes’ walk to Alexandra Palace.
--- Extras (Add-Ons)---
Please ask for prices.
• Family Suppers
• Bread Making Tutorial
• Malaysian, Thai, Moroccan Food
• Free booking of taxi to and from airport. Taxi charges depends on the airport e.g. Heathrow/Luton/Stansted are all between £40-£45 for standard size car.
• Free mobile Phone SIM: If you want to get a UK SIM for your phone we recommend GiffGaff. We can help you get setup with one when you arrive.
• Up to three guests can be accommodated in the bedroom itself; two on the large single bed and one on the futon. There is a supplementary payment for each additional guest.
• There's also the option for additional guests to use a double futon in the open plan living room/kitchen of our family home if it has not been booked separately. Please ask if you need to use this space.
• The guest room (4.30m x 2.10m) and our house are small by USA/Australian standards.
• In the last 5 years we've hosted people from S.Korea, Hong Kong SAR PRC, India, Czech Republic, Chile, Uruguay, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, USA, Germany, Argentina, Finland, Uzbekistan, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Iceland, Belgium, Russia, Thailand, Greece, Brazil, Venezuela, Lithuania, Morocco, Portugal, Norway, Algeria.
• We welcome diversity in culture, religion, sexual orientation and opinions, amongst others.
• Reliable Wifi: 30 mbs down/5 mbs up with good streaming & video conference performance.
Shared living room
Kitchen for simple preparations
Shared simple bathroom and toilet
Interaction with Guests
We live here and are happy to guide guests through their itinerary. Breakfast ingredients are provided (fully self-service) and we are happy to answer questions while you have your tea or coffee.
Although we enjoy interaction with guests, we cannot promise to be on hand to be available when you are.
Prepared meals to be arranged in advance and we ask for a contribution of £10 per person.
Bounds Green is safe, clean and quiet. There are shops for grocery shopping, newsagents, a small post-office and many take-aways. A short bus ride takes you to Muswell Hill with an organic supermarket, delis, French cafes, old-world tea shop and a top-rated Fish & Chips.
Extremely Convenient! Almost like being in Zone 1 as we are 20 minutes' ride to Covent Garden, close to the interchange to Victoria Station, overground trains, and a half hour to Oxford Circus and Trafalgar Square. Honestly, it takes longer to reach one end of Oxford Street to the other by bus.
Other Things to Note
You are staying in a family home! It's lived-in, modest, and there is definitely nothing hi-spec about about place. So if you expect a pristine, well-serviced rental, you will not find it ideal. But it is warm, it is cosy and you are in good hands!
• General-This is a family home and we ask you to treat it gently and be considerate to us, as we will be to you.
• Who else will be in the house? You will be sharing the house with us (4 people) and any guests who have booked our other listings. (Bedroom maximum 3 people, living room futon maximum 2)
If you're a group of 3 upwards, you will just be sharing with us.
Note again that we ask you to be considerate about the bathroom;-)
• Living Room is shared - Come join us in the living room; have tea, chat, relax. The door might be closed to prevent sounds from coming out; just open the door and come in. If a guest is sleeping on the futon in the living room we ask you to let them have their privacy between 23h00 to 08h30.
* Waiver of Liability-We ask our guests to accept responsibility for their own safety throughout their time with us. This is mainly due but not limited to to the fact that we have access to a backyard with uneven ground and a trampoline. We ask you to be be sensible and take responsibility for the safety of everyone in your group and we take your reservation as your acceptance of this condition.
• Tidying Up-We don't include a cleaning fee but we expect our guests to keep their room or sleeping area reasonably tidy. This also means clearing up plates after you have served yourself breakfast.
• Passport Verification-Please don't be offended if we ask for your passport to photocopy. This is for our peace of mind.
• No Smoking-We don't smoke and would ask that you smoke outside in the garden only.
• No Pork-No pork in the house/fridge please.
• Help yourself to snacks - If you like feeling like you're in your own home, then treat our place as you would yours. Replace milk or juices, buy fruit on your way home, and wash up when necessary! Please ASK before you use ingredients-- we normally say yes!
• Supper is £10.00 per person - If you wish to have supper in the house then we definitely prefer that you eat with us. We normally eat around 20:00. We will take payment for meals on the day before you leave. If you want to share cooking or are a kitchen assistant and we'll gladly adjust the price. The price is for a hot meal and simple dessert. If you would like a treat, our Malaysian menu, a roast with pudding, Indian food or home-made maki, please ask us.
• Extra Visitors-No extra visitors without arrangement.
• Clothes Washing-Please ask before using the washing machine or dryer, and be prepared to contribute to laundry detergent. Alternatively, it will be £5 per load of washing and drying. There is also a laundromat near us.
• Post-Do not use our address for receiving post. We have already had a problem with a bank assuming that a loan taken out by a guest was ours.
• Internet Abuse-Please don't use the internet for illegal purposes. The authorities in the UK are particularly sensitive to a) downloads that breach copyright ; b) hacking; c) terrorism d) child pornography.
Kevin and Zaza were fantastic hosts. On account of the size of their place, you are really sharing the house with them, but through some alchemy they make it feel like the bathroom and front room (when sleeping there) are all yours. Kevin had prepared SIM cards and travel cards for us prior to our arriving and without our asking. Until our logistics of travel cards, groceries, phones, and parking were worked out, Kevin led us around as it were by the hand. I really can't think of anything the hosts possibly could have done to be more helpful or to make us feel welcome.
Abbiamo trascorso una settimana a casa di Zaza, Kevin, Aisha e Jamila, non è la prima volta che andiamo a Londra ma questa è stata sicuramente una tra le più belle proprio grazie alla piacevole atmosfera famigliare che abbiamo respirato.
La casa rispetta quanto proposto nell'annuncio, ne più ne meno; è ben servita dai mezzi pubblici e la zona è molto tranquilla e silenziosa.
La differenza la fanno i padroni di casa, estremamente disponibili, gentili e pronti a creare ( se lo si desidera ) dei bei momenti conviviali.
Abbiamo anche avuto la possibilità di apprezzare la cucina creativa e "multiculturale" di Kevin e Zaza.
Nostro figlio ha passato delle belle serate in compagnia di Aisha e Jamila giocando, suonando e ballando.
Consigliamo vivamente questa casa a chi, senza pretese di servizi alberghieri, ricerca in una vacanza, il valore aggiunto di una nuova amicizia.
We really enjoyed our stay with this family. We received a warm welcome, they were always there to help, to give advice, to share experiences. The house was not big but we had all we needed (even more !!!). I would recommend this place for the people who want a friendly contact. It's 3minutes away from the underground, it's a good location and a quiet area.
Nous avons passé un très bon séjour dans cette famille : Hôtes accueillants, toujours prêts à nous renseigner et conseiller. Ambiance très conviviale !
Прекрасно ! Максимальное внимание и участие. Полноценная помощь Кевина. Здоровья и процветания Кевину и его семье ! С благодарностью Алишер Наргиз Серикбол.
The highlight of our visit to London was meeting this delightful family and spending time with them in their home. For us, the experience was very much like visiting old friends. Aside from the personal impressions, they are excellent hosts, are very welcoming, kind and thoughtful, and also of great practical help with planning a visit. The house is just around the corner from the tube stop with direct service to central London. The rooms are nice and quiet at night and the beds are all comfortable. There was a beautiful light in the mornings.
Kevin and Zaza made our holidays in London very unique.
Without their affection and intuition it had not become what it was. We spent six unforgettable days and it became both for my 2 kids as for my mother a trip full of inspiration.
This host has 7 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We are a family of four and have been living in London for the last 15 years. We are committed to learning, raising ourselves, and realising the inter-connectedness of being in this wonderful planet.
The idea of making connections and friendships with people from other parts of the world appeals to us and we have made many friends from around the world through hosting.
We sometimes take on Meet and Greet work for other hosts, help coordinate their guests, provide support and help hosts make the most of their listings; when asked we also help other hosts become better hosts. Zaza does a specialised check-in service for a handful of hosts that require a trusted and reliable person to be there for their guests.
We love blue skies, camping, beaches, making art, reading and travelling. We love cooking, making bread, learning to cook new things from our guests, and teaching them too.
We both work from home so we're around most of the day.