Our flat is exceptionally well-located! It is on the same line as most London Attractions & truly close to the tube station. The single bedroom is warm &cosy, the futon sleeps another two; we are experienced family hosts and will have time for you!
• Two minutes walk to Underground Station
• 20 minutes by Underground train to central London
• Warm, family hospitality
• Help yourself to tea, coffee & toast for breakfast (Self-service)
• No cleaning fees
Staying with us would feel more like a homestay rather than a B&B. We've got 6 years' experience hosting visitors from around the world via other websites. We have two children aged 10 and 13. They are also experienced hosts and will be happy to help and guide you. We also have two cats that live outside.
• The price you see is for the first person only. Please ask before booking because it can be confusing. Our standard rates per day depending on number of persons:
£37/£50/£70/85/£95 and whole flat (sleeps up to 8) £125.
• The price you see above excludes the Airbnb booking fee. The fee gets added on when you pay for your booking with your credit card.
Our flat is on the ground floor of a Victorian era house on a quiet, residential street 2 minutes walk from the Underground. It's important for you to note that you are being hosted by our family, and that we don't operate like a private hostel. You will be sharing the house with us and our other guests.
A small, bright bedroom that you share with family paraphernalia has an extra-wide single bed (105cm wide) . The single bed can sleep two average size people comfortably. There is also a futon bed in the room that you can use for an extra person or to put your suitcases on. Don't expect the same standard as a private room in a hostel, but it will be clean, comfortable and relatively private. Suitable for one or two people; the second person pays an additional amount per day. The room is a single room, 4.3m x 2.1m.
There is a also a futon available in the living room and this is the space for extra people because the room is small. So if you are a group of 4 or 5 people, two will sleep in the living room on the double futon.
The living room accommodation is rented separately so you may be sharing the house with our family and other guests.
---What to expect---
You will be staying in a lived-in family home (complete with with peeling paint and cracked tiles in the bathroom!) -- so it helps to not expect anything near pristine. We keep it clean, we love having people stay and we are interested in getting to know you and have you experience what it's like to be with a family.
None of the bedroom doors has a lock so if this is a concern for you please take your valuables when you go out. We cannot take responsibility for them.
You have use of our garden and wireless broadband, and free parking spaces are available within an easy walk.
• We are quite easy going but please also refer to the House Rules.
• Smoking is permitted in the garden.
• Fresh towels and bedlinen are provided: though unironed.
• Breakfast of toast, coffee or tea is included. We will show you where to find breakfast items and wish you to prepare the breakfast for yourself - self-service. Please help yourself to hot drinks at any time during the day.
• With regard to meals with us that you haven't asked for in advance, please bring something to the table or show your own capacity to share.
• Finally please note that there is one bathroom in the flat. We normally manage adequately with up to four extra persons, but our place won't suit you if you tend to spend more than a half-hour in the bathroom. The bathroom does not look as bad as photographed but it has many imperfections.
---Travelling times Underground & Train---
• Bounds Green Underground station, Piccadilly Line (Zone 3): 2 minutes walk
• Primark Clothing Store-Wood Green Station: 10 minutes
• Kings Cross Station: 20 minutes
• Eurostar-St Pancras Station: 30 minutes
• Oxford Street, the British Museum, Trafalgar Square areas: 30 minutes
• City Of London i.e. financial district, Moorgate Station: 30 minutes
• Natural History, Science, Victoria & Albert Museums, South Kensington Station: 45 minutes, direct train trip.
• Westfield Shopping Centre, Westfield Station: 40 minutes.
• Taxi (minicab) fare from central London to house is £30. Ask us for the phone number so that you can order the taxi when you need it.
Bounds Green is a pleasant and quiet neighbourhood, and due to its easy access to London Underground's Piccadilly Line, it will take you 30 minutes from our front door to Piccadilly Circus. The museums in South Kensington are also on the Piccadilly Line as are other popular spots like Trafalgar Square, British Museum and Covent Garden.
There are well-stocked grocery stores nearby, along with many take-aways and two pubs. If you like cafes, ice-creams and browsing, buses 102 and 299 will take you to nearby Muswell Hill, and if you like parks and stunning views across London we are twenty minutes’ walk to Alexandra Palace.
--- Extras (Add-Ons)---
Please ask for prices.
• Family Suppers
• Bread Making Tutorial
• Malaysian, Thai, Moroccan Food
• Free booking of taxi to and from airport. Taxi charges depends on the airport e.g. Heathrow/Luton/Stansted are all between £40-£45 for standard size car.
• Free mobile Phone SIM: If you want to get a UK SIM for your phone we recommend GiffGaff. We can help you get setup with one when you arrive.
• Up to three guests can be accommodated in the bedroom itself; two on the large single bed and one on the futon. There is a supplementary payment for each additional guest.
• There's also the option for additional guests to use a double futon in the open plan living room/kitchen of our family home if it has not been booked separately. Please ask if you need to use this space.
• The guest room (4.30m x 2.10m) and our house are small by USA/Australian standards.
• In the last 5 years we've hosted people from S.Korea, Hong Kong SAR PRC, India, Czech Republic, Chile, Uruguay, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, USA, Germany, Argentina, Finland, Uzbekistan, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Iceland, Belgium, Russia, Thailand, Greece, Brazil, Venezuela, Lithuania, Morocco, Portugal, Norway, Algeria.
• We welcome diversity in culture, religion, sexual orientation and opinions, amongst others.
• Reliable Wifi: 30 mbs down/5 mbs up with good streaming & video conference performance.
Shared living room
Kitchen for simple preparations
Shared simple bathroom and toilet
We live here and are happy to guide guests through their itinerary. Breakfast ingredients are provided and we are happy to answer questions while you have your tea or coffee. Meals can be arranged at extra cost.
Bounds Green is safe, clean and quiet. There are shops for grocery shopping, newsagents, a small post-office and many take-aways. A short bus ride takes you to Muswell Hill with an organic supermarket, delis, French cafes, old-world tea shop and a top-rated Fish & Chips.
Extremely Convenient! Almost like being in Zone 1 as we are 20 minutes' ride to Covent Garden, close to the interchange to Victoria Station, overground trains, and a half hour to Oxford Circus and Trafalgar Square.
You are staying in a lived-in family home! If you expect a pristine, well-serviced rental, you will not find it ideal.
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$21 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check Out:||1:00 PM|
|Neighborhood:||LB of Enfield|
We (I and two brothers of mine) had an amazing stay over new years eve for 3 days. Kevin, Zaza, Aisha and Jamila are a great family. We had a lot of fun. Breakfast was great, they help us anytime with anything (what bus to take to get from A to B, tips for new year's eve and many others thing). I'm really looking forward for my next trip to London to meet them again. And of course stay at their house.
Kevin and Zaza are wonderful hosts and we had an amazing stay. We only met Kevin in person and he made sure my mom was happy and gave us plenty of books and advice on what to visit, as well as cooking an incredible breakfast. He was very nice helping us to go to the airport and at all time was ensuring we had a nice stay. The house is very beautiful and located very close to Bounds Green tube station, making the perfect location for holidays. I highly recommend !
We were to stay just three nights on our week in London. And, fortunately, we had a problem : so we stayed one night more with Kevin and Zaza :-). They made it simple so that I could stay a little longer with my two children, although Kevin and Zaza had special family things to deal with. And then, I had even more time to discuss about life in the night with Zaza while Kevin was having a rest, after intense work.
These were delicious days. We even went to a drum session with Zaza and Jamila, her eldest daughter.
Things are just easy here and welcoming. In daily family life.
Actually we can only confirm what other people wrote here. It is not a luxes hotel, but easy, straight forward, very nice and cosy. We father + 3 kids felt fully be integrated into the family social life. The kids (same age) were quickly be friends and hat a lot of fun together. This was exactly what we were looking for. If you do as well you are right here.
Leaving after 2 days felt already like leaving many year old friends.
Nous garderons de très bons souvenirs de notre week end à Londres.
Nos hôtes sont des personnes formidables très accueillantes ils nous ont donné chaque jour des conseils pour profiter pleinement de notre séjour.
Le dernier jour nous avons cuisiné et diné ensemble c'était super
Good things come in small packages! Not for the faint hearted that are expecting 5* accommodation and a recluse faceless hotel but if you want a caring, helpful, well placed London stay Kevin and Zaza and the girls made up for a small room
Kevin and Zaza have a beautiful home and what makes it beautiful is the warmth and energy that presides in it. When my wife and I travel, we count on the fact that meeting new people and learning new stories is part of the experience. This is exactly what we found -- new and budding friendships with the entire family. We could not have asked for anything more. The house is less than a five minute walk to a Tube station on the Piccadillly Line, which takes you into the heart of central London in 22 minutes. We recommend a mini taxi if you are flying into Luton or Stanstead for arriving at the house, and Kevin is kind enough to book it for you. Not that expensive either and saves loads of time. The bedroom for us was perfect, more than enough space for a couple. It was full of wonderful books like "How to Be a Knight" and the "Brothers Grim." Kevin and Zaza made sure that we found our way around the city without any problems and recommended some great restaurants. My wife and I are fond of south Asian cuisine. Staying with Kevin and Zaza added to our wonderful experience in the city and I highly recommend them as alternative to an impersonal hotel. The area in which they reside is also lovely.
I met Kevin and Roz through (website hidden) and I decided to stay there with my mother while visiting London for a weekend.
Overall, it has been a great weekend! Roz was always available to plan our days, give us some tips about where to eat, etc. It was really helpful.
I can just recommend the experience!
This was my first AirBnB experience and I feel like I hit the lottery of hosts! Kevin and Zaza were extremely welcoming and hospitable, as were their two daughters. I had just arrived in the country, and they helped me arrange transport from the airport to their doorstep. They have helped me find my way around London, and find permanent accommodations (I'm an international student).
You will also find the the tube station is extremely close and it is very convenient to travel into central London. The description of the room is exactly as described! I recommend joining them for dinner as the food is always plentiful and delicious and the conversation is wonderful. I absolutely recommend staying here for anyone new to London or just visiting!
Kevin & Zaza were incredibly warm, welcoming, and helpful during our stay. They went out of their way to make sure that we had a smooth trip and especially that our baby daughter was happy. Their home is clean, cozy, and convenient to the tube, buses, and local shops. The atmosphere is relaxed and lovely to return to after a hectic day out. We couldn't have found a better place to spend our first days in London or a better family to introduce us to the city. We definitely plan to see more of them in the future!
People displaced by UKFlood are eligible for waived Airbnb service fees. You will be able to indicate your eligibility after making a booking request. Find out more »