About this listing
Our flat is exceptionally well-located! It's on the same line as most London Attractions & truly close to the tube station. The single bedroom is warm & cosy, the futon sleeps another two; we are experienced family hosts and provide warm hospitality.
• Two minutes walk to Underground Station
• 20 minutes by Piccadilly Line train to central London
• Warm, family hospitality
• Help yourself to tea, coffee & toast for breakfast (Completely Self-service)
• No cleaning fees
Staying with us would feel more like a homestay rather than a B&B. We've got 6 years' experience hosting visitors from around the world via other websites. We have two children aged 10 and 13. They are also experienced hosts and will be happy to help and guide you. We also have two cats that live outside.
• Our standard rates per day depending on number of persons:
£45 (2 persons)
£60 (3 persons)
£85 (4 people)
£95(5, small people only;-))
If you'd like to enjoy the flat in privacy with a larger group, it will be £135. Sleeps up to 7 with no one on floor or air mattresses.
• The price you see above excludes the Airbnb booking fee.
Our flat is on the ground floor of a Victorian era house on a quiet, residential street 2 minutes walk from the Underground. It's important for you to note that you are being hosted by our family, and that we don't operate like a private hostel. You will be sharing the house with us and our other guests.
A small, bright bedroom that you share with family paraphernalia has an extra-wide single bed (105cm wide) . The single bed can sleep two average size people comfortably. There is also a futon bed in the room that you can use for an extra person or to put your suitcases on. Don't expect the same standard as a private room in a hostel, but it will be clean, comfortable and relatively private. Suitable for one or two people. The room is a single room, 4.3m x 2.1m.
There is a also a futon available in the living room and this is the space for extra people because the room is small. So if you are a group of 3 or 4 people, two will sleep in the living room on the double futon.
The living room has light coming in from 05:00 in summer; please remind us to set-up a curtain if you expect that this will bother you.
The living room accommodation is rented separately so you may be sharing the house with our family and other guests.
---What to expect---
You will be staying (email hidden)d in family home (complete with with peeling paint and cracked tiles in the bathroom!) -- so it helps to not expect anything near pristine. We keep it clean, we love having people stay and we are interested in getting to know you and have you experience what it's like to be with a family.
None of the bedroom doors has a lock so if this is a concern for you please take your valuables when you go out. We cannot take responsibility for them.
You have use of our garden and wireless broadband, and free parking spaces are available within an easy walk.
• We are quite easy going but please also refer to the House Rules.
• Smoking is permitted in the garden.
• Fresh towels and bedlinen are provided: though unironed.
• Breakfast of toast, coffee or tea is included. We will show you where to find breakfast items and wish you to prepare the breakfast for yourself - self-service. Please help yourself to hot drinks at any time during the day.
• With regard to meals with us that you haven't asked for in advance, please bring something to the table or show your own capacity to share.
• Finally please note that there is one bathroom in the flat. We normally manage adequately with up to four extra persons, but our place won't suit you if you tend to spend more than a half-hour in the bathroom. The bathroom does not look as bad as photographed but it has many imperfections.
---Travelling times Underground & Train---
• Bounds Green Underground station, Piccadilly Line (Zone 3): 2 minutes walk
• Primark Clothing Store-Wood Green Station: 10 minutes
• Kings Cross Station: 20 minutes
• Eurostar-St Pancras Station: 30 minutes
• Oxford Street, the British Museum, Trafalgar Square areas: 30 minutes
• City Of London i.e. financial district, Moorgate Station: 30 minutes
• Natural History, Science, Victoria & Albert Museums, South Kensington Station: 45 minutes, direct train trip.
• Westfield Shopping Centre, Westfield Station: 40 minutes.
• Taxi (minicab) fare from central London to house is £30. Ask us for the phone number so that you can order the taxi when you need it.
Bounds Green is a pleasant and quiet neighbourhood, and due to its easy access to London Underground's Piccadilly Line, it will take you 30 minutes from our front door to Piccadilly Circus. The museums in South Kensington are also on the Piccadilly Line as are other popular spots like Trafalgar Square, British Museum and Covent Garden.
There are well-stocked grocery stores nearby, along with many take-aways and two pubs. If you like cafes, ice-creams and browsing, buses 102 and 299 will take you to nearby Muswell Hill, and if you like parks and stunning views across London we are twenty minutes’ walk to Alexandra Palace.
--- Extras (Add-Ons)---
Please ask for prices.
• Free booking of taxi to and from airport. Taxi charges depends on the airport e.g. Heathrow/Luton/Stansted are all between £40-£45 for standard size car.
• Free mobile Phone SIM: If you want to get a UK SIM for your phone we recommend GiffGaff. We can help you get setup with one when you arrive.
• Up to three guests can be accommodated in the bedroom itself; two on the large single bed and one on the futon. There is a supplementary payment for each additional guest.
• There's also the option for additional guests to use a double futon in the open plan living room/kitchen of our family home if it has not been booked separately. Please ask if you need to use this space.
• The guest room (4.30m x 2.10m) and our house are small by USA/Australian standards.
• In the last 7 years we've hosted people from S.Korea, Hong Kong SAR PRC, India, Czech Republic, Chile, Uruguay, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, USA, Germany, Argentina, Finland, Uzbekistan, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Iceland, Hungary, Belgium, Russia, Thailand, Greece, Brazil, Venezuela, Lithuania, Morocco, Portugal, Norway, Algeria.
• We welcome diversity in culture, religion, sexual orientation and opinions, amongst others.
• Reliable Wifi: 30 mbs down/5 mbs up with good streaming & video conference performance.
Shared living room
Kitchen for simple preparations
Shared simple bathroom and toilet
Interaction with Guests
We live here and are happy to guide guests through their itinerary. Breakfast ingredients are provided (fully self-service) and we are happy to answer questions while you have your tea or coffee.
We enjoy interaction with guests, but cannot promise to be on hand to be available when you are.
Language practice with our children cannot be expected either!
Prepared meals to be arranged in advance for a contribution of £10 per person.
Bounds Green is safe, clean and quiet. There are shops for grocery shopping, newsagents, a small post-office and many take-aways. A short bus ride takes you to Muswell Hill with an organic supermarket, delis, French cafes, old-world tea shop and a top-rated Fish & Chips.
Extremely Convenient! Almost like being in Zone 1! 24 minutes' ride to Covent Garden, close to the interchange to Victoria Station, overground trains, and a half hour to Oxford Circus and Trafalgar Square. Honestly, it takes longer to reach one end of Oxford Street to the other by bus.
Other Things to Note
You are staying in a family home! It's lived-in, modest, and there is definitely nothing hi-spec about about place. So if you expect a pristine, well-serviced rental, you will not find it ideal. Breakfast is totally self-service so please make your own. But it is warm, it is cosy and you are in good hands!
• General-This is a family home and we ask you to treat it gently and be considerate to us, as we will be to you.
• Who else will be in the house? You will be sharing the house with us (4 people) and any guests who have booked our other listings.
If you're a group of 3 upwards, you are likely be sharing with us only (we will not take another booking).
Note again that we ask you to be considerate about the bathroom;-)
• Living Room is shared - Come join us in the living room; have tea, chat, relax. The door might be closed to prevent sounds from coming out; just open the door and come in. If a guest is sleeping on the futon in the living room we ask you to let them have their privacy between 23h00 to 08h30.
* Waiver of Liability-We ask our guests to accept responsibility for their own safety throughout their time with us. This is mainly due but not limited to to the fact that we have access to a backyard with uneven ground and a trampoline. We ask you to be be sensible and take responsibility for the safety of everyone in your group and we take your reservation as your acceptance of this condition.
• Tidying Up-We don't include a cleaning fee but we expect our guests to keep their room or sleeping area reasonably tidy. This also means clearing up plates after you have served yourself breakfast.
• Passport Verification-Please don't be offended if we ask for your passport to photocopy. This is for our peace of mind.
• No Smoking-We don't smoke and would ask that you smoke outside in the garden only.
• No Pork-No pork in the house/fridge please.
• When time permits, we sometimes cook and eat with our guests. Supper is £10 per person. We will take payment for meals on the day before you leave.
You are welcome to use the kitchen for simple preparations, heat and eat.
• Extra Visitors-No extra visitors without arrangement.
• Clothes Washing-Please ask before using the washing machine or dryer. There is also a laundromat near us.
• Post-Do not use our address for receiving post. We have already had a problem with a bank assuming that a loan taken out by a guest was ours.
• Internet Abuse-Please don't use the internet for illegal purposes. The authorities in the UK are particularly sensitive to a) downloads that breach copyright ; b) hacking; c) terrorism d) child pornography.