About this listing
Fully private and modern apartment in the heart of Chelsea!
Spring sale price £65 (normal price £89)!
24 hour private access
Fully secure modern & pleasant building.
Fully fitted kitchen (+ washing machine)
Hot bath & shower
A modern Chelsea studio apartment with everything you need and more situated in an AMAZING LOCATION situated in a trendy, lively, smart, prestigious and safe spot in the heart of Chelsea, central London. Three minutes walk from South Kensington tube. Light and bright, charming modern studio.
Hello and a very big and warm welcome! Your key will be at 24 hour Reception in envelope with your name on.
First I will answer frequently asked questions by guests then move onto the description and features of the apartment:
Your Frequently Asked Questions Answered:
1. Is the apartment available for my dates? YES. The answer is definitely yes if you have put your dates into a search on airbnb and it has shown you my page.. if its not available then airbnb will not allow a booking to be processed nor bring it to your attention for your desired dates. If you would like to reserve the apartment then please kindly book it through the website - I will confirm and accept the reservation promptly and your reservation will be secured.
2. Do you have free wifi? YES the wireless code is under the modem situated near the end of the bed and the provider is brightbox orange
3. Are linen / towels included? YES
4. Can I leave my luggage after my checkout time? YES you can leave your luggage very safely at the concierge desk at the entrance of the building upon checking out so you are free to explore London some more.
5. How will I collect keys? The keys will be held at the concierge desk in an envelope with your name on it. You can pick them up anytime after your check in time (24 hours a day).
6. Is the kitchen fully fitted with everything I need (like washing machine, dryer, oven, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery). YES the kitchen has all these things and more.
7. Is the apartment near the tube or buses? YES the apartment is in amazing location in the heart of Chelsea.. buses right outside the building and just 3 mins walk to South Kensington tube station.
8. Is it possible to arrange a long stay (1 month or more..)? YES it is possible.
FEATURES OF THE APARTMENT:
* 24 hour Porterage with large, marble-floored reception area and stylish modern sofas in corridors
* Free wifi with ORANGE between 15 to 20 meg per second
* AMAZING LOCATION in a prestigious and safe area in heart of Chelsea - very close to Sloane Square / Hyde Park / St. James's Park / Green Park
* 3 mins walk to South Kensington tube station, 5 mins walk to knightsbridge tube station.
* Daytime Doorman
* Very secure building
* 1920s SpeakEasy Bar near (the famous Bart’s Bar)
* Small TV screen on wall with 99 channels
* Kitchen with everything you need - oven/microwave, two electric hobs, fan extractor, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine and dryer
* DOUBLE BED with SILK LINEN and COTTON LINEN (you choose) good grade (19 momme - great for skin and hair amino acid proteins) and duvet filling is also 100% silk floss strands.
* Foam mattress topper for extra comfort in bed
* Blow-up MATTRESS FOR THIRD GUEST
* Arm chair, tiny dining table, dining chair, coffee table, foot stool, mirrors galore, shelf and radiator
* CLOTHES WARDROBE with shoe shelf, top shelf, internal light
* Hair dryer, hair-curling tongs
* CHEST OF DRAWERS for clothes - four drawers
* Universal mobile phone charger to charge any phone.
* Handheld back massage machines- one big and one small
* Handheld mini hoover to clean your bags
* Scented anti-moth drawer paper
* Private bathroom with bath tub, shower over it and loo with 24/7 hot water.
* 173 square feet - flat is a perfect square - 13.ft. 2" by 13ft. 2".
* Rubbish removed daily by porters from a rubbish hutch.
* Beauty Salon on same floor of building [Get 30% off all Spa treatments near by in Kensington when you say my name at reception of where I have a consultation room].
* Carpeted flooring and expensive blinds covering all of the windows for a good nights sleep.
* Anti-radiation bar in next door flat - protection on human body in 200m radius span (largest bar from (website hidden)) Geomack Energetic Vitaliser Model E9001 mk3
* Popular restaurants and bars nearby and great shopping on Kings Road, Chelsea.
* Sainsburys Supermarket next door open 7am-11pm.
* Private car park under the building (but the car park charge independently for this).
MORE ABOUT THE LOCATION OF THE APARTMENT IN THE HEART OF CHELSEA - close to transport links, Sloane Square and very desirable locations.
* Two minute walk to fashionable King's Road and Chelsea Green
* Ten minute walk to famous museums: Natural History Museum and V&A
* Fifteen minutes from The West End and Soho (theatres, museums, etc.) via public transport
* Five minute walk to famous Duke of York Square and Saatchi gallery
* Ten minute walk to the glorious huge Hyde Park with lake, rose gardens, gallery and famous memorials
* Three minute walk to South Kensington tube and eight minute walk to Sloane Square tube
* Tucked away round the corner from Knightsbridge tourist area yet only five minute walk to Harrods
Check-in time is 2:00pm and check-out is 11:00am, but I am as (website hidden) I can be.
Please never hesitate to contact me via telephone or email (airbnb give you my contact details upon making a reservation and will not allow me to share beforehand) if you have any questions or problems and I will do my best to solve any issues as fast as I can.
Whilst I am away out of the country and uncontactable until Friday 9th May, in the event of any questions/problems, please call the three people alternative co-host/two members of staff looking after you:
I believe that all the following telephone numbers and email addresses become visible here and on my profile once you have booked:
Richard (phone number hidden) and email is r_d_(email hidden)
Nigist on (phone number hidden) email is nig_(email hidden)
Hana (phone number hidden) and (phone number hidden) London and email is (email hidden)
Normal times: If you can't get hold of me on (phone number hidden) then please call Nigist on (phone number hidden).
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford" ~ Samuel Johnson, 1777.
Other Things to Note
If you can't get hold of me on (phone number hidden) then call Nigist on (phone number hidden).
Please turn off the electric cooking hob (it's off when red light is off) when you are out, for safety.
Please don't leave the big windows open if you go out, for security, since the flat is on the ground floor.
Please check the door is definitely closed whenever you leave the flat as there is a catch that one can turn by mistake which makes the door stay open...but I will show you how if you ask.
I cannot be held responsible for your possessions. If you book with me, please take note of this. My neighbours and I have never had a problem since it's a very secure block with lots of porters / night managers watching over it and wandering up and down the corridors on a constant basis, but I have to say nonetheless.
Thanking you in advance.
Communication with Manthe was perfect, she replied very fast and was very helpfull. She even let me check in very early which was helpfull since I was attending a conference very close by. The location is very nice if you want to be close to the museums, Kensington gardens/hyde park and other nice sites. Its very easy to get around London from the flat because circel and district Lines are just a 3 minute walk from the flat. The flat is in a very secure building with a 24h reception. As stated in the description the flat is very small, but will fit one person (perhaps a couple) fine. The bed was good- i slept fine, but since the flat is on the ground floor there can be a little bit noise from the street- nothing that bothered me to much though!
Apartment is really close to the South Kensington tube stop so it was very easy to walk or take the tube everywhere we wanted to go. Loved having a small kitchen to make breakfast in the mornings. It is definitely small and you can hear some street noise. It did get quieter at night though. We were more bothered by the cigarette smoke that came in through the upper windows we left open to cool the apartment down. The bathroom is really small - it was hard to not get water everywhere when using the sink or shower, and you have to sit sideways on the toilet because the sink is on top of it. It's a bit worn but the location is top notch.
Getting the keys was one of the most stress free and easy pickups I've ever had on AirBnB. The porters were kind, friendly, and well worth it if that explains the price. The place is small, but I'd rather that than pay for more room than I need when traveling, and I'm sure most who are in London to go out and explore the city would agree. The bed was very comfortable and the room a good temperature. We loved getting to know the area, and nearby King Street was very nice. Bart's, the bar Manthe mentions in her description, is very cool and makes it super convenient to have a fun night out without having to pay for a taxi.
I highly recommend this place overall!
This apartment was literally the smallest room I've ever stayed in in my life! Don't stay here if you get claustrophobic. My partner could not even sit on the toilet properly because of his long legs he had to sit sideways. Haha. There's quite a bit of noise from the street outside and you can see people walking past through the frosted windows while you shower... In the morning at about 6.30am they would vacuum the hall which was loud and annoying if you're a light sleeper.
On a brighter note Manthe was a lovely host that gave good directions and wrote back promptly to any questions. The area where the apartment is was really good and quite central. It's close to the tube which is really all you need to get anywhere around London.
The apartment is as advertised and in a great location, a short walk to the South Kensington tube stop. The building is very well managed with a doorman and front desk making check in and check out seamless.
The apartment is a bit cozy and would be very tight for anymore than 2 guests, but if you plan to hang out in the city during your trip, it won't be an issue.
Apartment was in a perfect location for what we needed. The apartment had everything we needed, even though the bathroom was very small, but as I'm 6ft 5 that probably didn't help. The chocolate on the pillow was a nice little touch. Also being able to leave our bags on the morning of checking out so brilliant so we could explore some more.
The place in Chelsea was very convenient to the tube stop for Kensington south. The instructions to get there were clear and easy to follow. There's a 24 hour person at the front desk and they had the key ready immediately. The unit was as presented. It was a studio and the bed was nice enough for both of us to sleep in comfortably. It also had everything you needed so that you could have light meals there. There were plenty of towels and the kitchen was very well-equipped for anything we needed to do. There was a hot pot there that heated water
almost instantly for coffee and tea. There was also a small refrigerator that was very convenient for anything that we wanted to have cold There were plenty of towels there and the kitchen was very well-equipped for anything we needed to do. The stove worked really well for making a quick breakfast every day. It was very easy to get places by either walking from there or jumping right on the tube. The downsides are that it is a very small unit and you really hear a lot of street noise. You hear if anyone walks by, drives by, or talks outside your window. The bathroom is really small, it is hard to keep the water in the tub using the hand held shower, and you have to use the toilet partly sideways because the sink is so close. to it. There were a few maintenance issues and the unit is a bit older and worn. But when we reported a problem, Manthe had a maintenance person there within a few minutes. Chelsea is very expensive and this was a good alterntive to the high cost of a hotel there.
This host has 127 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Manthe
Hi I (Manthe) am contactable on (phone number hidden) or (email hidden) (please also copy any email to r_d_(email hidden))
If I am uncontactable then Nigist is on (phone number hidden) or (phone number hidden) and her email is nig_(email hidden)
Failing that Hana the cleaner may be able to help - her number is (phone number hidden) and (phone number hidden) and email is (email hidden)
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford" ~ Samuel Johnson, 1777.
I am a Nutritionist offering a wide range of healing diets, kinesiology and the following blood tests (by pricking one finger): intolerance for 158 foods and drinks, cholesterol (homocysteine levels), air-bourne allergies, liver check, blood type test and gut flora check.
Hobbies: Playing bridge and public-speaking at various clubs.
Born in Rhodesia to English parents on a farm during the civil war and sent away to start school in Winchester, England aged five.