About this listing
A small cute 1 Bedroom/1 Lounge flat in the centre (city east side) that is great value! It's comfortable & easy commute to most tourist places - so you can come back for breaks and go again! : ) All amenities are in the vaccinity inc. 24hr buses.
GREAT VALUE, SMALL YET VERY COMFORTABLE FLAT NEAR ZONE 1 & TOWER BRIDGE & RIVER THAMES for 1 -5 people.
PLEASE KINDLY EMAIL ME FOR AVAILIBILITY.
Location & transport:
Amazing transport links to the heart of London and Europe (1.5 minutes between each station). Served by the river and 3 stations: 1) Aldgate Station which is on the Hammersmith and city line, Metropolitan line, the Circle line. 2) Also Adgate East station which is on the District line, Hammersmith and city line and 3) Shadwell station which is on the DLR to London City Airport and Greenwich, also towards the Olympic Park in Stratford. Kings Cross is only 5 stop away and served by Thames Link to both Luton & Gatwick airports (Heathrow Airport is via Piccadilly line) also Euro Star train to europe leave from Kings Cross. From nearby Liverpool Street station coaches serve Stanstead, Luton and City airports. Number N15 Night buse from central London goes past the flat 24 hours a day. This place is well connected to the heart of London.... the journey time door to door in most central places should be less than 20-30 minutes!
See more of London by bus:
The flat is about 12 minutes walk from from the stations. You can also hop on the 15 or 115 which runs regularly from the tube to the flat, but you may not need to use the tube atall! Save yourselves some money and see more of London from the top of a bus. (Check internet for TFL bus routes).
This is a small but a great little Value flat for 1-4 people!! It is in Zone 1, smart, stylish and clean and comfortable. If you have a late or early arrival please let us know first. We will accommodate your needs : ) Please do not mind that we ask you for a copy of your passport for ID purposes.
This flat has 1 bedroom with a Double bed and 1 Lounge with 2 comfortable sofabeds that opens up to TWO comfortable double beds. It has a small bathroom with a bath and a shower attachment. This stylish flat is refurbished to a a very good standard.
This flat is in an ideal location as it is in the city centre and yet it is easy communting distance of all London's attraction in the centre of the city and also within easy travel of the Olympic site. It is perfectly comfortable for 1-4 people (5 if it is a child). If you do not enjoy Indian food or culture, this flat will not be suitable for you as the area is predominantly full of Asian people and Asian businesses and Indian restaurants.
1) The flat
- The flat is located in a safe family area with a mixture of professionals from the financial part of the city living in the area and muslim Asian families.
- It is a very modern, comfortable flat located in the vibrant heart of London's iconic East End and only 12 minutes walk from Adgate East station and 20 minutes walk to Liverpool Street Station.
-The flat is entered via the main door shared by the public to the medical centre. A white set of gates separate the private area for the flats from the public part of the building.
-The flat is refurbished to a good standard in neutral tones with bold splashes of colour.
- Set on the first floor of a 2-storey building, the flat has been refurbished to a good standard throughout and equipped with all modern conveniences.
- There is a double bedroom furnished with a double bed (for 2 people) with a large wardrobe.
- The lounge is small, smart and has 2 large sofabeds that convert to 2 double beds (possible to sleep altogather 4 people). These are not ordinary sofabeds but become 2 very, comfortable DOUBLE beds.
- A separate mattress for the 5th person if needed.
- Wifi Broadband is provided free
- The kitchen is open plan to the Lounge and is fully equipped with hob, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- I do not allow use of the Washing machine anymore as it has been constantly broken by guests, HOWEVER there is a laundry place about 15 meters away on Burslem Street that will do 'Service' washes - It means you drop it off and pick it up the next day (or that evening) : )
- The small bathroom is tiled and contains a WC, basin and bath with an overhead shower.
* The flat will accommodate max 4/5 people
- I provide clean bedding and towels.
Access to everything in the flat which is fully furnished for living.
The area is not glamorous, but has everything you need and is in the central Zone1 area. It is very good value for money, being in central London and a comfortable place to stay and get back to from tourist areas for rest. The number 15 bus runs near the house all day and night from the centre of the city...... so you do not have to worry about what time you come home due to transport 24 hours a day near the flat. The flat is located in a modern building where the flat is situated above a health centre. It is at the corner of Burslem Street and Hessel Street, also a short distance from Tower Bridge and Tower of London, Brick Lane in the opposit direction, Shorditch, Old Spitalfield Market with Vintage clothes. All the facilities of Aldgate East are on your doorstep including:
- Tesco Metro (medium sized grocery store) and Sainsburys (large grocery store on Commercial Road)
- HSBC, Lloyds and NatWest banks with 24-hour ATM
- KFC, McDonalds, Cafe Blue etc
- There are great Indian restaurant: Lahore Kebab House, a Lebanese restaurant at the bottom of Burslem Street, Ma'ida and numerous cheap and cheerful ones
- Traditional English pubs are around Aldgate East station, local to the flat
- A Market Place is at the bottom of Bigland Street called 'Watney Street Market'
- A Large supermarket is also there for food shopping
- Check local Food Fest: 175 Shorditch High Street, E1 6HU.
- Hop on a river bus from Tower Mellenium Peir to see London from river Thames and get off at Embankment/Waterloo to go to Covent Garden and Leicester Square etc. Check the service times and cost.
- There are extensive transport links to the traditional and non-traditional attractions of the City with Aldgate East tube station only a 12 minutes away and a wealth of bus routes Commercial Road (including N15 which is a 24 hour bus route to a lot of the tourist areas. Check it out on TFL bus route website).
- Number 15 Bus runs 24 hours a day through the centre of London and can be caught from New Road Bus stop T. Also buses 115,135,N15,N550 can also be caught from there.
- Liverpool St Station and the financial district of the City are only a 15-20 minute walk away
- Brick Lane with it's trendy bars, galleries, vintage couture and London's favourite Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants is only a 15 minute walk
- The vibrant nightlife of Shoreditch is a 15 minute walk
- Leicester Square and the Theatres of London's West End are only 30 minutes away
- The world famous stores of Oxford Street are 30 minutes away
- London's iconic Tower Bridge is 20 mins walk away as is The Tower of London
- Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace are only 40 minutes away
- The British Museum is 30 minutes away, The Museum of Natural History and Science Museum are 60 minutes away
- Petticoat Lane street market (Sundays) is 15 minutes on foot, Columbia Road Flower Market (Sundays) is 15 minutes walk and Camden Market is 40 minutes by tube.
East are major business & leisure venues:
Also within easy travelling:
- Excel Exhibition Centre
1) Walk to SHADWELL station from the flat. Get the DOCKLANDS LIGHT RAILWAY (DLR) to Custom House station.
Journey stops are: DLR Shadwell → to Custom House station.
Estimated time: 15 mins Fare zones passed through: 1, 2, 3
A direct walkway links the station with the state of the art exhibition centre. Close to the Custom House hotel. There is also Dockside access.
Custom House station connects with local bus numbers (phone number hidden) and N50.
1) From Shadwell Station take the DOCKLANDS LIGHT RAILWAY (DLR) Take Docklands Light Railway towards Lewisham DLR Station
2) Get off at Cutty Sark (for Maritime Greenwich) DLR Station
Estimated time: 18 mins Fare zones passed through: 2, 3
A direct walkway links the station with the exhibition centre and Olympic Park.
1) From Shadwell Station take the DOCKLANDS LIGHT RAILWAY (DLR) towards Woolwich Arsenal DLR Station. Get off at Canning Town Station
2) Change to JUBILEE LINE Underground towards Stratford DLR
Estimated time: 10 mins Fare zones passed through: 2, 3
A direct walkway links the station with the exhibition centre and Olympic Park.
The apartment and location offer comfort and convenience. It's an ideal base for exploring London's tourist attractions or for doing business in this remarkable city.
You have access to everything!! This flat is independent and all of it is yours and not shared by anyone else! It is a fully furnished and fully equipped flat with everything in it ready for living. (see description)
Thank you in advance for being good guests and observing the following House rules:
-Shoes should NOT be worn in the flat-slippers only as cleanliness is next to godliness!: )
-Strictly No smoking at all
-No food or liquid stains on the floor
-No crazy parties or noise so you are respecful to neighbours
-No one other than the people who booked the flat to occupy the flat
-Leave the flat reasonably clean throwing out your rubbish : )
-Switch off lights and heating when leaving the flat each day or out during the day to conserve energy
-Do not remove anything from the flat (Sorry! We will charge for item AND someone's time and travel to purchase and replace this - around £30 on top)
-Inform us when leaving if you have broken or damaged anything, as if we find out later and need to make another trip to replace items we will have to charge you for our time on a second trip. We understand some things are likely to get damaged (like glasses etc) and will be sympathetic : )
Finally, We want you to have a lovely time in our flat and will do everything we can to make you comfortable. We provide you with a lot of information about the area and how to travel and see as much as possible of London during your stay. Thank you in advance for booking with us. Happy holiday ! : )
My family of 5 adults stayed at Lara's apartment for 3 nights. I would recommend Lara's apartment overall for the following reasons but i have also other comments which you may wish to be mindful of:
Pros: Apartment was cleaned up by the time i arrived. Self-collection of keys was easy, and Lara was able to provide good & prompt communication and information. Although a very small apartment, it has everything that you would need for a comfy short stay, even if you decide to cook. Food options are readily available, but mainly Halal food as well as a McDs very nearby. Transportation via bus is easy, and can reach most of the touristy places. You can also walk to the nearest Tube station (aldgate east) in about 15 mins.
Cons: This is definitely not a posh area of London. Also, the apartment can theoretically sleep 7 - 8 adults, but i would say 5 - 6 is the max that it can take, as the space afforded is really very minimal.
Appartement parfait pour un court week-end, proche des transports, quartier calme
El departamento que alquilamos fue exactamente igual a lo anunciado. Limpio, bien equipado, todo funcionaba bien.
Lara siempre se mostró amable, atenta a nuestra necesidades y servicial. Sus sugerencias sobre cómo conocer la ciudad y el barrio fueron muy valiosas y útiles.
La ubicación del departamento estuvo bien porque quedaba cerca de mi lugar de trabajo en Londres. Sin embargo, nos costó acostumbrarnos a los ruidos de la calle, sobretodo durante la noche.
Well located, Zone 1, close to Central London (40 minutes walk). Quiet and safe neighborhood.
The place is small, but clean and functional, just as described. Front door (street door) needs some maintenance as the locks are quite hard to open.
Lara is responsive by email, always replied within the hour, luckily never had to contact her by phone.
J'ai passé un bon séjour. Je recommande ce logement, il est bien situé, calme et pratique. Lara s'est montré amical et arrangeant. Merci Lara
I had a good stay. I recommend this accommodation, it is situated well, quiet and practical. Lara showed himself friendly and accommodating. Thank you Lara
Sorry for my English
Very sweet flat with everything you need. Lara was absolutely amazing and did everything to accommodate my team members during their stay in London. A great host and ensures you have a comfortable and convenient stay. It was lovely inside and cosy, and actually proved a great location in London for the price as we didn't spend anything on the Tube - just walked everywhere!
Thankyou again - We will be coming back to you whenever we need to be in London again. xx
Vi møtte ikke Lara under oppholdet, men det var enkelt å få tak i nøkler og ikke noe problem med å komme seg inn/ut av leiligheten.
Leiligheten var fin og ren, varmtvann i dusjen og ellers alt på stell.
Et fint utganspunkt for å utforske London. Kan uten problem anbefale denne leiligheten og Lara som vert.
This host has 283 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Lara
You can expect a warm, hearty welcome when you get here!. Me? I am a young professional recently responding to the Holiday Let industry. I have lived in London all my life and love this beautiful city. I would love to tell you where to go to see the 'hidden London' that most tourists miss. I know some great places to eat and some really cool bars. I like to think of myself as a kind, generous person with an understanding nature. I love people and am interested from where they hale from. I look forward to meet you soon when you visit my lovely city. I can help you by providing you with a lot of information with what London has to offer so you can create your own itinerary for sightseeing and doing a great deal on a low budget. I offer you really comfortable places to stay, BUT I am not a hotel but a home from home. I look forward to you visiting. Lara : )