A small cute 1 Bedroom/1 Lounge flat in the centre (east side) and is great value! It is comfortable and easy commute to most tourist places - so you can come back for breaks and go again! : ) All amenities are in the vaccinity inc. 24hr buses.
GREAT VALUE, SMALL YET VERY COMFORTABLE FLAT NEAR ZONE 1 & TOWER BRIDGE & RIVER THAMES for 1-4 people (possibly 5th person if a child).
PLEASE KINDLY EMAIL ME FOR AVAILIBILITY.
Location & transport:
Amazing transport links to the heart of London and Europe (1.5 minutes between each station). Served by the river and 3 stations: 1) Aldgate Station which is on the Hammersmith and city line, Metropolitan line, the Circle line. 2) Also Adgate East station which is on the District line, Hammersmith and city line and 3) Shadwell station which is on the DLR to London City Airport and also towards the Olympic Park in Stratford. Kings Cross is only 5 stop away and served by Thames Link to both Luton & Gatwick airports (Heathrow Airport is via Piccadilly line) also Euro Star train to europe leave from Kings Cross. From nearby Liverpool Street station coaches serve Stanstead, Luton and City airports. Number N15 Night buse from central London goes past the flat 24 hours a day. This place is well connected to the heart of London.... the journey time door to door in most central places should be less than 20-30 minutes!
See more of London by bus:
The flat is about 12 minutes walk from from the stations. You can also hop on the 15 or 115 which runs regularly from the tube to the flat, but you may not need to use the tube atall! Save yourselves some money and see more of London from the top of a bus. (Check internet for TFL bus routes).
This is a small but a great little Value flat for 1-4 people!! It is in Zone 1, smart, stylish and clean and comfortable. If you have a late or early arrival please let us know first. We will accommodate your needs : ) Please do not mind that we ask you for a copy of your passport for ID purposes.
This flat has 1 bedroom with a Double bed and 1 Lounge with 2 comfortable sofabeds that opens up to TWO comfortable double beds. It has a small bathroom with a bath and a shower attachment. This stylish flat is refurbished to a a very good standard.
This flat is in an ideal location as it is in the city centre and yet it is easy communting distance of all London's attraction in the centre of the city and also within easy travel of the Olympic site. It is perfectly comfortable for 1-4 people (5 if it is a child). If you do not enjoy Indian food or culture, this flat will not be suitable for you as the area is predominantly full of Asian people and Asian businesses and Indian restaurants.
1) The flat
- The flat is located in a safe family area with a mixture of professionals from the financial part of the city living in the area and muslim Asian families.
- It is a very modern, comfortable flat located in the vibrant heart of London's iconic East End and only 12 minutes walk from Adgate East station and 20 minutes walk to Liverpool Street Station.
-The flat is entered via the main door shared by the public to the medical centre. A white set of gates separate the private area for the flats from the public part of the building.
-The flat is refurbished to a good standard in neutral tones with bold splashes of colour.
- Set on the first floor of a 2-storey building, the flat has been refurbished to a good standard throughout and equipped with all modern conveniences.
- There is a double bedroom furnished with a double bed (for 2 people) with a large wardrobe.
- The lounge is small, smart and has 2 large sofabeds that convert to 2 double beds (possible to sleep altogather 4 people). These are not ordinary sofabeds but become 2 very, comfortable DOUBLE beds.
- A separate mattress for the 5th person if needed.
- Wifi Broadband is provided free
- The kitchen is open plan to the Lounge and is fully equipped with hob, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- I do not allow use of the Washing machine anymore as it has been constantly broken by guests, HOWEVER there is a laundry place about 15 meters away on Burslem Street that will do 'Service' washes - It means you drop it off and pick it up the next day (or that evening) : )
- The small bathroom is tiled and contains a WC, basin and bath with an overhead shower.
* The flat will accommodate max 4/5 people
- I provide clean bedding and towels.
Access to everything in the flat which is fully furnished for living.
Not much, as the flat is independant.
The area is not glamorous, but has everything you need and is in the central Zone1 area. It is very good value for money, being in central London and a comfortable place to stay and get back to from tourist areas for rest. The number 15 bus runs near the house all day and night from the centre of the city...... so you do not have to worry about what time you come home due to transport 24 hours a day near the flat. The flat is located in a modern building where the flat is situated above a health centre. It is at the corner of Burslem Street and Hessel Street, also a short distance from Tower Bridge and Tower of London, Brick Lane in the opposit direction, Shorditch, Old Spitalfield Market with Vintage clothes. All the facilities of Aldgate East are on your doorstep including:
- Tesco Metro (medium sized grocery store) and Sainsburys (large grocery store on Commercial Road)
- HSBC, Lloyds and NatWest banks with 24-hour ATM
- KFC, McDonalds, Cafe Blue etc
- There are great Indian restaurant: Lahore Kebab House, a Lebanese restaurant at the bottom of Burslem Street, Ma'ida and numerous cheap and cheerful ones
- Traditional English pubs are around Aldgate East station, local to the flat
- A Market Place is at the bottom of Bigland Street called 'Watney Street Market'
- A Large supermarket is also there for food shopping
- Check local Food Fest: 175 Shorditch High Street, E1 6HU.
- Hop on a river bus from Tower Mellenium Peir to see London from river Thames and get off at Embankment/Waterloo to go to Covent Garden and Leicester Square etc. Check the service times and cost.
- There are extensive transport links to the traditional and non-traditional attractions of the City with Aldgate East tube station only a 12 minutes away and a wealth of bus routes Commercial Road (including N15 which is a 24 hour bus route to a lot of the tourist areas. Check it out on TFL bus route website).
- Number 15 Bus runs 24 hours a day through the centre of London and can be caught from New Road Bus stop T. Also buses 115,135,N15,N550 can also be caught from there.
- Liverpool St Station and the financial district of the City are only a 15-20 minute walk away
- Brick Lane with it's trendy bars, galleries, vintage couture and London's favourite Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants is only a 15 minute walk
- The vibrant nightlife of Shoreditch is a 15 minute walk
- Leicester Square and the Theatres of London's West End are only 30 minutes away
- The world famous stores of Oxford Street are 30 minutes away
- London's iconic Tower Bridge is 20 mins walk away as is The Tower of London
- Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace are only 40 minutes away
- The British Museum is 30 minutes away, The Museum of Natural History and Science Museum are 60 minutes away
- Petticoat Lane street market (Sundays) is 15 minutes on foot, Columbia Road Flower Market (Sundays) is 15 minutes walk and Camden Market is 40 minutes by tube.
The apartment and location offer comfort and convenience. It's an ideal base for exploring London's tourist attractions or for doing business in this remarkable city.
You have access to everything!! This flat is independent and all of it is yours and not shared by anyone else! It is a fully furnished and fully equipped flat with everything in it ready for living. (see description)
Interaction with Guests
Not much interaction as this is an independent flat.
Thank you in advance for being good guests and observing the following House rules:
-Shoes should NOT be worn in the flat-slippers only as cleanliness is next to godliness!: )
-Strictly No smoking at all
-No food or liquid stains on the floor
-No crazy parties or noise so you are respecful to neighbours
-No one other than the people who booked the flat to occupy the flat
-Leave the flat reasonably clean throwing out your rubbish : )
-Switch off lights and heating when leaving the flat each day or out during the day to conserve energy
-Do not remove anything from the flat (Sorry! We will charge for item AND someone's time and travel to purchase and replace this - around £30 on top)
-Inform us when leaving if you have broken or damaged anything, as if we find out later and need to make another trip to replace items we will have to charge you for our time on a second trip. We understand some things are likely to get damaged (like glasses etc) and will be sympathetic : )
Finally, We want you to have a lovely time in our flat and will do everything we can to make you comfortable. We provide you with a lot of information about the area and how to travel and see as much as possible of London during your stay. Thank you in advance for booking with us. Happy holiday ! : )
The apartment was as described; very comfortable and in a great location for what I needed. There was a little problem with the Internet when I arrived but we got it resolved straight away! Recommended! Many thanks!
Thank you for an excellent stay. Lovely apartment we were given a warm welcome and made to feel very at home. Thank you so much and we'll be back.
The appartment was clean and confortable.... Just 8 min walking to the underground! Never met Lara in person, but she was always kind to help me by e mail! I'll come back for sure next year!
This apartment is extremely lovely and comfortable. You can feel yourself like at home.
Lara was very friendly and welcoming to me. She was quick to respond and gave me information about what I can find in the surrounding area.
Nice place with everything that I was expecting. Check in process was a bit complicated (though clear directions were given), but nice to be able to check in whenever throughout the day.
This was my first booking on Airbnb so things were not very clear about the check-in procedures. The apartment was nice but I did get a feeling that it was overpriced for the condition it was in. Hot water was available in the shower only at ground height making it very difficult to shower.
The access to the apartment was quite difficult, having to go through 5 door locks to enter! In all, it ok. No major complaints but nothing special either. There are no tube stations close by.
This is a very strange review. 1)Tauseef and his family was delayed over an hour without initially informing me even though all the documents inform guests to be mindful about letting me know if they experience delays so I can reshuffle my appointments...this meant that I was about 1.5 hours late for my next guests who had small children...but I accepted their apology. 2)The other comment I would make is that it is difficult to manage people's expectations as my advert describes my flat as a budget value accommodation and yet Tauseef comments that it is nothing special. If Tauseef wants a special place he must pay special London prices. The fact that I receive many requests for my flats must mean that there is a demand for it at this price in a city like London. 3)Tauseef's comment about price seems even more bazarre as I gave Tauseef a 2 BEDROOM flat instead of the 1 Bedroom flat which he booked (which meant that his children could have a separate bedroom of their own instead of using the Lounge bedding arrangement) - all this without any extra charge. 4)This flat is close to all amenities as listed including the tube station and all night buses from central London pass by the flat. Here is Hannah H whose parents are in their late 50's and have recently stayed in the smilar BUT much smaller flat just above this 2 bedroom flat 'I booked this appartment for my parents while they were visiting London. They found the location perfect for their sight-seeing needs, was close to the tube and many great restaurants. Lara was great to talk to and always replied to my queries promptly. Great place for an authentic East London experience!'....so you can see how difficult it is to manage people's expectations. Best, Lara : )
This host has 258 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
You can expect a warm, hearty welcome when you get here!. Me? I am a young professional recently responding to the Holiday Let industry. I have lived in London all my life and love this beautiful city. I would love to tell you where to go to see the 'hidden London' that most tourists miss. I know some great places to eat and some really cool bars. I like to think of myself as a kind, generous person with an understanding nature. I love people and am interested from where they hale from. I look forward to meet you soon when you visit my lovely city. I can help you by providing you with a lot of information with what London has to offer so you can create your own itinerary for sightseeing and doing a great deal on a low budget. I offer you really comfortable places to stay, BUT I am not a hotel but a home from home. I look forward to you visiting. Lara : )