About this listing
Close to the T with free breakfast, beer and bicycles. Flexible check-in and check-out.
What's awesome about our place?
- Breakfast is included. Eggs? Yogurt? Croissants? Yes! Really, whatever you'd like, just let us know.
- Free beer. Yeah, that's right. Help yourself to a complimentary homebrew or local beer in the fridge.
- Borrow our bikes! There's no better way to get around the city. We live right off a separated bike path that takes you all the way downtown. (One Dutch bike and a vintage Phillips up for grabs.)
- Flexible check-in and check-out time. Arrive as early as you'd like, leave when you want.
- Check your luggage downtown. Arriving during the day and want to site see before heading to the apartment? Check your luggage most weekdays with me at my office at Downtown Crossing.
- We LOVE Boston and we know it well. Want to know the best bars? Where the food trucks are? The secret best view of the city? Concerts and festivals? We're in the know and happy to help you plan what to do while here. Your room will be stacked with maps and guide books.
We're RIGHT OFF the main street of Jamaica Plain and 3 BLOCKS FROM THE T.
Free on street parking anywhere on the weekends, two blocks away on weekdays. But really, Boston is better without your car.
You'll have your own private porch and room in a 2 bedroom that you'll be sharing with us, your hosts. Make yourself at home and use the kitchen and living rooms.
Other good stuff to know: Multiple fans, but no air conditioning. We provide towels, shampoos and soaps. Wi-fi and television to plug your laptop into, but no cable. $1 a load laundry in the basement. (bring quarters)
Also, as a bonus, we're somewhat of experts in free and cheap events going on in Boston. Need something? Just ask.
The entire apartment, except for our bedroom, is yours to use. Your room is right off the living room, which we sometimes will spend time in when we're home. We are super heavy sleepers. Don't ever worry about waking us up.
Interaction with Guests
Up to you. We've done some great dinner parties with our guests. We've also sometimes just said hello and given the house tour.
JP is full of hip progressives and there's plenty of really great geared-towards-locals bars, restaurants and shops.
Our neighborhood ROCKS and we are right in the middle of it. Green space galore, the best restaurant in Boston, fantastic bars, thrift shopping mania, the Sam Adams Brewery.
You'll be staying a 1 minute walk from all the action in JP. We're super close to the city center too (about 25 minutes), but out here you're surrounded by green space, a neighborhood-vibe, friendly folks and free parking.
Want to see the rest of Boston? We're a 5 minute walk from the nearest train stop. (We'll have a "charlie card" for you.) From there it's about 20 minutes to downtown on the T. Getting to Harvard Square is easy too. About a 30 minute drive or bike ride or a 45 minute T ride.
For the cyclists, we're next to the Southwest Corridor bicycle path that goes all the way to Back Bay off the road.
Other Things to Note
We can get you cheap/discounted tickets to many museums, shows and boat tours. Interested in something in particular? Let us know.
Treat our home as you would a friend's. Help yourself to breakfast, just clean up your dishes when you're done. Turn off lights and the heat when you leave. Lock the doors behind you. We are happy to let you borrow stuff - yoga mats, books, umbrellas, shopping bags, whatever. Just ask!