Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
Exquisitely appointed large Master bedroom with the comfort of a luxurious King bed. A full dresser for your things and two comfy chairs to relax after a long day!
For groups up to six, you may have all three bedrooms and bath on the second floor. Please inquire or see "other listings" Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
Here's a little info about your stay here...
• Quiet, safe neighborhood
• Plenty of street parking
• Secure Wi-fi
• Shared gourmet kitchen, living room, fireplace, dining room.
• Spacious front porch for relaxing and enjoying this peaceful neighborhood.
• Located close-in NE Portland- on the edge of the Hollywood District.
• Close and very convent to PDX airport, downtown and freeways.
• 4 mi. to PDX airport, • 4 mi. to downtown, train station- bus station
• Close public transit ...Tri-met bus #12 on Sandy Blvd. to town
• Close to City Center ...From downtown I-84 Exit 2, Cesar Chaves / (39th) / Hollywood.
• Max line - Stops at 42nd & 60th.
• 2 mi. to Voodoo Doughnuts- 1501 Northeast Davis Street, just off Sandy Blvd. There's also one downtown!
• 2.8 mi. to Lloyd ctr. Shopping Mall.
• 1.3 mi. to Providence Portland Medical Center
........THE FOUR BEDROOMS.......
• Three bedrooms and shared bath up.
• • One large King bedroom.
• • One cosy Queen bedroom.
• • One bedroom with three Twins.
and on the main floor.....
• • One Queen bedroom En Suite. French door to back deck and yard.
• Shared gourmet kitchen, living room, fireplace, dining room. Spacious front porch for relaxing with a beverage and enjoying the peace of the neighborhood. Home is owner occupied.
• • • • • FOOD • • • • •
All within a few blocks... walking distance:
• Rose City Food Carts- 52nd / NE Sandy Blvd.
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Bakeshop- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Zien Hong- Chinese- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd & Sacramento St. -One block!
• Du's Grill- They do Bento right!- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery- 51st / Sandy Blvd.
• Gustav's Bier Stube-German food- 50th / Sandy Blvd.
• New Deal Cafe -great for breakfast- 53rd / Halsey
• Killer Burger- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Trader Joe's- 4121 NE Halsey
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 3930 NE Hancock St (40th & Hancock)
• The Hollywood Saturday Market- fresh, local produce all year! 42nd / Hancock (Grocery Outlet's lot)
• Hollywood Movie Theater
• Hollywood Bowling Alley
• Rose City Golf Course
• Portland's one of the most walkable and bikeable cites in the country... Lot's of things to do and see!
• Easy one hour drive west to the Willamette Valley wine country or east to Columbia River Gorge- Multnomah Falls, Mt Hood, Hood River.
• An hour & 1/2 drive to the beautiful Oregon Coast!
Bruce was amenable and relaxed. We had found the room a little cold to begin, and he responded promptly by offering a heater and turning up the heat.
We arrived during New Years and spent 4 nights in Portland. It was like being home in away from home, and at times we wondered if we were being invasive (you made us feel at ease)! Thanks for opening your castle to us :)
Bruce's home is in the quaint Hollywood district which was both quiet and also convenient to access and get out of town.
There is a great food cart park close by which offers many choices.
Parking is easy and safe on the road.
Hope you can visit us someday!
Bruce is the best. The answer to any question is always yes! This is my second time staying there. I love that bedroom, and the big king bed.
Bruce is the quintessential Airbnb host. His home is immaculate and filled with his personal art and good stuff to read. Bruce's kitchen is ideally set up for guests - and even boasts a Wolf stove. Very top of the line. Loved the fact that everyone must take off one's shoes when in the house. The house is in an exceptionally central location - easy to get around to all of Portland.
But, in my view, even better is that Bruce took time to spend an hour with guests, myself and another couple whom I did not know. We had a delightful time over wine and tea (provided by Bruce) sharing our experiences around Portland. Ever helpful, the minute we asked about something - sometimes a bit esoteric - like where one might buy local olive oil - he was on his iPhone - finding the exact location. Art galleries, places to eat, parks to walk, you name it, he had suggestions.
The reservation was canceled 10 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
I enjoyed my first stay at Bruce's so much that I decided to stay again at the end of my stay. See my first review for more info but suffice it to say that his place is great.
I had a great stay at Bruce's place. His home is beautiful and is one of the nicest AirBnB locations I've ever experienced. It's easy to get to the airport from there (12 bus/Max or walk/Max) and is just 1.5 blocks from a food truck location where you can peddle to blend your smoothie, buy great bagels or get Middle Eastern, Indian, Mexican, grilled cheese and other foods. It's a short walk to the 42nd street Max to get around Portland as well. Bruce was also really helpful in giving me advice on where to run (definitely check out Mt. Tabor at sunset) and has a great collection of visitor's guides. The only bummer was that I had to go elsewhere for laundry but found a great laundry, the EcoLaundry, on Belmont where you pay by credit card, can by single servings o Eco detergent, and get texted when your washer is done. It's also by a good food truck location as well (recommend the Norwegian food.). All in all, I had an awesome time at Bruce's and would gladly stay there again the next time I'm in Portland.
Bruce was extremely accommodating for our last minute plans, flexible for our needs, and offered a warm, welcoming, and comfortable environment for us to spend the weekend in.
The King bedroom was warm and lovely, lots of seating and a very comfortable king sized bed in which I slept like a baby both nights. The shared bathroom (though we didn't share with anyone while we were visiting!) was right across the hall and offered a very beautiful modern clawfoot tub as well as a separate nice and tall stand up shower.
We enjoyed the natural light pouring into both the bathroom and the bedroom, though when the shades were drawn, it allowed us sufficient darkness to sleep in a bit on Sunday.
The rest of the home was beautiful and located in a convenient and fun location: we walked to both Gustavs, Laurelwood Pub and Restaurant, and the food carts for our meals.
Overall, it was a lovely experience and we would definitely stay with Bruce again!
Bruce was a gracious and helpful host and his house was absolutely stunning. The beds were probably the most comfortable I've ever slept in and everything was clean and inviting. My mom and I had a great stay and enjoyed walking around the neighborhood, which had lots of restaurants and shops. We would definitely stay here again!
I had a great time of 11 days in Bruce's house. He loves his house and cares for it. And he is a really skilled man improving the traditional craft's man house even it is already in so exciting good shape. The master bed room is big and comfortable. The bath is just a dream. And you'll find all you need in the kitchen. I loved to sit in the nook beside the kitchen using Wi-Fi to find a own apartment and used car to make my start living in Portland. Bruce supported me also with help and advices. Thank you!
I can highly recommend this location and host for all people open minded to get in touch with the local american way of live (email hidden)! Alex H.
If there were another Dos Equis man, Bruce would be it. He doesn't always host people in his house, but when he does, he makes sure he has a state-of-the-art recently renovated kitchen and bathroom. He's also just an all around cool guy. Bruce's partner in crime, Dana, is tons of fun too. They had great suggestions for things to see and do.
My friend and I comfortably shared a King-size bed in one of the beautiful bedrooms Bruce has upstairs. Sleeping in a bed with another guy never felt so comfortable. It actually looks even better in person than in the pictures. And lest you have trouble drying off, there are several soft, high thread-count towels on hand for your showering pleasure.
The Rose City/Hollywood neighborhood is beautiful. You forget you're in a city until you meet all of the beautiful, smart people, reminding you it must be Portland. We rented bikes and were able to trek in and out of downtown easily. For exploring other fun eastside spots, it's also perfect. Bruce's place is very close to Hawthorne to the South, and the Mississippi Ave./Overlook Park area in the North.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT