Meet HORIZON, our cozy and comfortable terrace penthouse with full view of the sea and the Bosphorus Straits in the exclusive Cihangir quarter of Istanbul near Taksim Square, the very heart of the city.
HORIZON offers easy access to sights of interest in Istanbul. The main square Taksim is within a five-minute walking distance, allowing guests to stroll down the main street Istiklal Caddesi (Independence Boulevard) full of shops, eateries, cafes and bars. Or take the nosgaltic ancient Taksim-Tunel tram.
HORIZON is also within five minute walk, downhill, to the Bosphorus Straits, where guests could board the modern tram at Findikli for a 10-minute ride to visit city landmarks such as the Topkapi and Santa Sophia Museums, the Blue Mosque, the Covered Bazaar and others in the Sultanahmet District. Or, from Kabatas down the hill, take a five-minute ferry to the Asian side --or a longer one to Istanbul's romantic and histroric Princess Islands.
The penthouse is fully and tasefully furnished and include all amenities such as washing machine, fridge, oven, all kitchen utensils (plates, pots and pans, glasses, cutlery, toaster etc.) as well as towels, sheets, access to global TV channels and reliable Internet connection. It has air conditioning for cooling or heating, as necessary.
HORIZON is a top-floor penthouse apartment with a huge 30 square-meter terrace for outdoor enjoyment. Indoors, it offers a sleeping-living area, one separate seaview area, kitchen and bath. It could accommodate four or, if needed, five guests.
Our guests often remark that they find HORIZON fits all their needs and desires with unbeatable view of the Bosphorus Straits, well furnished with all amenities --and in a prime location of Istanbul.
Cihangir is a much sought-after quarter of Istanbul, vibrant with plenty of restaurants and bistros.
The accommodation is at Baskurt Street, a quaint and quiet one chosen as the Best Kept Street in Cihangir, lit with romantic lights at nights.
We welcome your queries in hopes of having the pleasure of hosting you during your stay in Istanbul.
Once with us, we take pride in supplying, as requested, advice and suggestions on what to do and how in Istanbul, based on our knowledge and experience of the vast and fascinating city.
Our vision and mission is to provide you with the best of accommodations and service for a stay full of happy memories.
We gladly welcome any and all comments. We thank those full of praise as a sign that our efforts to supply pleasant accommodation for a joyous sojourn are recognised, while, equally welcomed, are those sugestions on what is additionally desired by our guests for perfection.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Monthly Price:||$2200 /month|
|Check In:||1:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
L'appartement est trés fonctionnel le quartier est trés sympa et la vue fabuleuse ! C'était parfait
The place is nice and clean, view from terrace is amazing. We had a great time in Istanbul and the flat was OK even for 5 people. Ilhan is very friendly and I would definitely recommend his flat.
Ilhan was a great host! Very quick to respond and answer questions. The apartment was absolutely beautiful and the view from the giant balcony was sensational. Everything worked well, and there were plenty of blankets to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the cold Istanbul nights. I would definitely recommend this place or come back myself!
The balcony is perfect for a BBQ or just chilling having a drink or a coffee night and day. Some funny smell are coming form the balcony drain. The apartment is small Ideally for one couple or a group of 3 / 4 friends. The toilet and shower are a disaster every time you shower the all bathroom gets wet so you need to push the water into the drain . After 3 days the bathroom is a mess.
Worth it in the summer where you canuse the balcony would not use this apartment in the winter .
Thank you for staying at Horizon and your comments, including the fact that you found it ideal for a couple or a group of 3 or 4 friends. We have noted your comments on the bathroom and will have it fixed accordingly. Such comments are much appreciated so that we can increase our customer satisfaction from the current 4.5 to the maximum 5. ilhan.
nice guy, perfect location, amazing view. quite small, good sleeping
Let me say this is a wonderful place in a killer location. If it's just you or you plus a friend or your partner, look no further. This is a no frills place in a great location with a killer roof patio view. It is not however, a real 2 bedroom apartment.
It's super close to Taksim Square and Istiklal, but not ON either of them, so it's super quiet and empty. You are in the heart of Beyoğlu (like the SoHo of Istanbul).
The roof/patio views are phenomenal and the true feature of this place. The patio is fairly large, a bit bigger than the apartment itself which is likely around 600-700 SF (so with patio about (phone number hidden) SF total). Do yourself a favor: watch a sunrise over the Bosphorus from the patio. You are almost due east towards the Bosphorus bridge and the sun pokes up right next to it. The views were the main reason we stayed despite the issues listed below.
A few things to consider:
1) This is not a true 2 bedroom- this was our major disappointment when we arrived as we were traveling with 4 of us (one couple and a guy and a girl). It's not even a true 1 bedroom, it's like a studio with a side den that is connected through a tiny kitchenette. There are no doors separating the spaces. --- The fact that it appears like Ilhan is listing two spaces as one rental lead to further confusion. There are two different apartments in the same building that rent separately. I stayed in what Ilhan calls HORIZON. Luckily, I had a camping hammock with me and threw it up between the chimney and railing on the patio to sleep- the weather was perfect and watching the sunrise every morning over the city made for a pretty epic experience.
2) Ilhan is a super nice guy and even when we said we were going to leave immediately after arriving because of the bedroom issue, he still tried to be accommodating. His English is VERY limited (we had to communicate by typing to eachother (email hidden) (website hidden) Translate page on his computer...I'll learn Turkish for next time!)
3) There is a nice fullsize bed positioned right under the AC unit which is great, an Ikea like love seat size futonish couch in front of the fullsize bed and then in the side den there is a full size couch with a twin size trundle bed. There is no visual connection between the fullsize bed and the couch/trundle because the hallway sort of S curves through the kitchenette, however there is no door/sound isolation between them. So take note. Also, to use the bathroom, you have to go right next to the fullsize bed.
4) You have to walk up a 4 flight stone spiral staircase to get in.
5) A bit high @ $120USD a night. You are paying for the location and view. It's worth it.
The flat is incredible and Ilhan was a perfect host!
The apartment is as lovely as the pictures suggest. There are amazing views from almost every point in the apartment. The apartment was incredibly clean. The neighborhood was great. There was a tiny shop directly across the street where you could get drinks and snacks. There was a cafe on the corner with great coffee and pastry. You could walk two blocks and find tons of restaurants. Ilhan was quick to respond to any questions we had.
perfect fit for a family in love with Istanbul seaview
Ilhan is a fantastic host, all the information was very accurate and response to emails and questions before and while in Istanbul very quick and helpful. The apartment has some of the best views you could get in an excellent location: close to the best cafes and restaurants in Cihangir, walking distance to Istikial, Galata, Kabatas ferry terminal and a short walk downhill to the tram to Sulthanamet. Ilhan keeps biinoculars and books, magazines and maps of the city available. Perfect large terrace for being out and especially watch the Bosphorus at dusk. We hope to go back soon! Thank you Ilhan