About this listing
Villa Mathesis (Tarifa Room)
This elegant villa is placed on a cliff above the “Playa de los Alemanes” in the residential quarters of Atlanterra on the magnificent “Costa de la Luz”. A three minute walk to the beach, has a pool, solarium, interior patios, gymnasium, free Wi-Fi conection and views from every corner of the property of the beach below, the Atlantic Ocean, the Straight of Gibraltar, the Rif mountains range and the city of Tangier in Africa.
Villa Mathesis was built and equipped with every detail in mind. Minimalistic, comfortable and elegant. Modern classic architecture. The property offers three guests rooms with air-conditioning, private bathroom and a terrace with views over the ocean.
Villa Mathesis is 4 kilometers away from Zahara de los Atunes, and 24km from Vejer de la Frontera. The city of Cadiz is a 60-minute drive away. Seville and Marbella are at a 90-minute drive. One must consider the Ferry ride across to Tangier from the port of Tarifa that is 40 km away.
“Cuídame, te lo agradeceré”
1. EL VIENTO
- Algunas puertas tienen pinzas por la parte inferior o pesados discos de acero para sujetarlas. Utilízalos SIEMPRE. Si no tienen freno, déjalas cerradas.
- Cuando hace viento de levante, sobretodo si es fuerte, hay que procurar mantener todas las puertas y ventanas cerradas para evitar la entrada de arena.
- Procurad mantener cerradas puertas ventanas de la orientación desde sopla el viento o mantenerlas ligeramente abiertas para regular el caudal de aire necesario para refrescar o ventilar.
2. EL AGUA - El agua del grifo no es potable porque pasa por un proceso de descalcificación en el que también pierde el cloro. Sin embargo se puede utilizar para cocinar.
3. EL AIRE ACONDICIONADO
- El aire acondicionado se enciende pulsando “CLIMA ON/OFF”.
- La tecla “FAN” es sólo para regular la velocidad del ventilador. Apagada, funciona en la velocidad baja. Encendida funcionará en la velocidad alta.
- En verano una buena temperatura es sobre los 25o. En invierno sobre los 22o.
4. LA PISCINA - Dúchate SIEMPRE antes de entrar. - Al mover las tumbonas no arrastrarlas. Para usarlas utiliza siempre una toalla. - En los meses de verano la bomba de calor permanece desconectada. - Si encuentras baldosines sueltos dáselos a Ma Carmen.
5. LOS DORMITORIOS - No dejes ni vasos ni botellas directamente sobre la madera. Evitad comer. - En los baños la luz de la ducha enciende el desempañador del espejo.
6. LOS SOFAS Y MESA DE COMEDOR - En los sofás de piel NUNCA te sientes con objetos metálicos ni con ropa mojada. - En el sofá blanco no te sientes con vaqueros ni dejes revistas ni periódicos. - En la mesa de comedor usa siempre mantel, nunca apoyes nada directamente.
7. GIMNASIO – Los menores de 16 años deberán acudir siempre con un adulto. Las pesas libres se dejarán en los Racks.
The house is spectacular and the views are phenomenal. Gotzon is a wonderful host, very kind and accommodating. The extra touches of having a great selection of drinks and wine for a very reasonable price and the quality of the breakfast with fresh baked bread really topped off the experience. Highly recommended and wish we could have stayed longer!
Best place to stay in all of Spain!
We discovered this gem of a place on the coast of Spain with views to Africa and Canada! It is located on a cliff facing the ocean and near a private beach that is minutes away. We slept with the windows open to the sound of the waves and had the best night sleep of our whole trip. We were originally booked to stay 2 nights but had decided to stay one night and go over to Tangier, Morocco for the second night instead. Big mistake! This private home could be showcased in a magazine and is only outdone by the warmth of our hosts. Swimming in the infinity pool while overlooking the Atlantic was surreal.
We will definitely be back to enjoy Gotzon and Jose's hospitality.
(We were honoured to be the very FIRST guests to reserve a room this summer!!) Your friends from Canada.
We were hesitant to write this review as we'd rather see this incredible place to remain hidden, just for our own enjoyment. But that would be unfair to our magnificent hosts that looked after us so well and made our stay so pleasurable.
About the house, it is a gorgeous piece of modern architecture where every detail has been carefully thought through by the owners. It feels luxurious while keeping a feeling of simplicity and unclutteredness. The location is perfect for the amazing views, close to the beach but in a secluded area giving you the opportunity to go for walks or for a run if you can actually get away from the house. Alternatively there is a fully equipped gym with top-notch weight machines for guests to use.
Breakfasts were a display of the most incredible home made breads, yoghurts, ‘actimel’, jams and granola! Oh, and for coffee lovers you have to go no further!
Unfortunately, as amazing as the photos look on the web, they don't fully do justice to the experience of watching the sun go down from the infinite edge pool while seeing Tangier light up across the Mediterranean under a full moon. I can only wish they will decide to start offering cocktails at sunset for when we go back!!
In short, a hidden jewel with no faults to complain about. At a push the only thing that could bother anyone is not having a fridge in the room/guest area to keep your own stash of food and drinks as once you settle down, sometimes you won't feel like going to the village nearby for lunch and dinner (but I know they are onto it!)
This is indeed one perfect place to hide from a busy life and recharge batteries. Absolutely outstanding.
My family travels a lot and in many countries, hotels and homes of the case, so I can speak with admiration of the house and Gatzona for admission to the house. House of stunning, beautiful, beautiful! View from the windows of the house better than I've ever seen! The house is very clean and beautiful. My daughter was crying and did not want to leave the house, but the main Gatzon and his friends are the heart of the house! They bake their own bread, muffins, yogurts prepared ... Thank you for the warm welcome! We will definitely come again and again!
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Gotzon
Permitidme en primer lugar agradeceros el haber valorado la posibilidad de pasar unos días en Villa Mathesis y vivir una experiencia poco común.
Estoy seguro que el mar, la luz, la arquitectura, y el lugar os dejará una huella díficil de borrar.
In the first place let me thank you for considering spending some time in Villa Mathesis and live an unforgettable experience.
The ocean, the light, the architecture, and the site will no doubt leave a lasting impression on you. A unique stay.