Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
• This comfortable "Twin" room has THREE TWIN BEDS and a desk for studying, relaxing and enjoy!
The house is a beautifully updated historic 1914 Craftsman style home with beautiful original art thru out. Beautiful gourmet kitchen. You're going to love staying here! New thick fluffy towels and pillows and super comfy beds.
• Sorry, No pets, an allergy free home.
Here's a little info about your stay here...
• Quiet, safe neighborhood
• Plenty of street parking
• Secure Wi-fi
• Shared gourmet kitchen, living room, fireplace, dining room.
• Spacious front porch for relaxing and enjoying the peace of the neighborhood.
• Located close-in NE Portland- on the edge of the Hollywood District.
........THE FOUR BEDROOMS.......
• • Three bedrooms and shared bath up.
• • The three bedrooms are ideal for up to seven people, families or groups. A beautiful remodeled shared bath with large soaking claw foot tub and skylight above.
• • One bedroom with three TWINS and a desk.
• • One large KING bedroom with two easy chairs. (see other listing)
• • One cosy QUEEN bedroom with a 3" feather topper. (see other listing)
.......On the main floor.......
• • One bedroom en suite with comfy QUEEN bed. French door to back deck and yard.
• Shared gourmet kitchen, living room, fireplace, dining room. Spacious front porch for relaxing with a beverage and enjoying the peace of the neighborhood. Home is owner occupied.
• Close and convent to the airport ...4 mi. to PDX airport
• Close to City Center ...From downtown I-84 Exit 2, Cesar Chaves / (39th) / Hollywood.
• Public transit- one block- Catch Tri-met bus #12 on Sandy Blvd. to town.
• Max line- stops at 42nd or 60th.
• 4 mi. to downtown
• 4 mi. to train station and greyhound bus station
• 2 mi. to Oregon Convention Center
• Voodoo Doughnuts- 1501 Northeast Davis Street, just off Sandy Blvd.
• 2 mi. to Lloyd ctr. Mall.
• 1.3 mi. to Providence Portland Medical Center
• Easy walk to cafe's, coffee, restaurants, pubs, shops, parks, library, golf, movies
• • • • • • FOOD • • • • •
All within a few blocks... walking distance:
• Rose City Food Carts- 52nd / NE Sandy Blvd.
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Bakeshop- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Zien Hong- Chinese- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd & Sacramento St. -One block!
• Du's Grill- They do Bento right!- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery- 51st / Sandy Blvd.
• Gustav's Bier Stube-German food- 50th / Sandy Blvd.
• New Deal Cafe -great for breakfast- 53rd / Halsey
• Killer Burger- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Trader Joe's- 4121 NE Halsey
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 3930 NE Hancock St (40th & Hancock)
• The Hollywood Saturday Market- fresh, local produce all year! 42nd / Hancock (Grocery Outlet's lot)
• Hollywood Movie Theater
• Hollywood Bowling Alley
• Rose City Golf Course
• Portland's one of the most walkable and bikeable cites in the country... Lot's of things to do and see!
• Easy one hour drive west to the Willamette Valley wine country or east to Columbia River Gorge- Multnomah Falls, Mt Hood, Hood River.
• An hour & 1/2 drive to the beautiful Oregon Coast!
Bruce's place was inviting and warmly eclectic, perfect for our NYE trip to Portland. The check-in was simple and easy. Excellent host, one more reason Airbnb is a go-to when I travel.
buruce was a super kindly host!
this is my first time experience with airbnb it was really good!he was made us very welcomed at home.
his place was beautiful and clean,cozy,comfortable!
I love it all especially kitchen and bath room is so cute!
also there has very nice neighbor foot very close to cafe and pub and wholefoods.
we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay Bruce house again!
We got in late in the evening after spending the day in Portland. The location was easy to find and the house was a very nice Craftsman style home. The beds were very comfortable and I slept so well, I didn't even hear the other guests return next door. The neighborhood was nice and quiet compared to being in the middle of town.
All of us got up around the same time so we ended up taking turns in the bathroom/shower but that wasn't too bad. It might be a bit more challenging if the third room had guests. We had a cup of coffee and nice chat with Bruce before we took off in the morning.
I'm bummed we didn't stop by Voodoo Donuts. I should have checked as we were headed to Bruce's since it was on the way there and open 24 hours. Darn!! Next time...
This was our first AirBNB experience and it was fantastic! Charming Craftsman home in a delightful neighborhood with ample parking and easy access to several restaurants, food trucks, and brewpubs. The house is STUNNING! We love Arts & Crafts homes and this was well-loved, well-preserved, and well-kept! Our room (twin) was quiet and comfortable. The 'shared' bathroom we essentially had to ourselves! GORGEOUS tile and period fixtures!
The kitchen on the first floor was like a feature from Architectural Digest! Spend lots of time in the breakfast nook, reading, noshing. Lovely backyard with in-progress yoga-retreat/hut being built. Bruce is so very personable and charming! Felt like we'd known him for years! He even showed us a bird nest (we're avid birdwatchers) in the backyard! Would highly recommend this location, this house, and this host!!!
I rented the study for our friend Jessica at the last moment and Bruce was very accommodating. the room is not small and I was told the bed was quite comfortable. Jess said it was a great stay and thank you to Bruce, our host. We rented the King and En Suite as well.
I enjoyed my stay with Bruce and would highly recommend it to everyone. Bruce was there on my arrival and very friendly and welcoming.
The house was beautiful, updated, well maintained, and spotlessly clean. I had a room on the second floor and shared a bathroom with two other rooms. There were other guests there while I was there, but I guess because of our schedules, there was never a conflict with access.
The house is on a quiet street in NE Portland with easy access to the airport and other areas of the city.
I would definitely stay there again on my next visit to Portland
The room was cozy and comfy in this charming authentic craftsman. The shared bath is beautiful -- and no problems with sharing. Bruce is the perfect host. The atmoshere for guests is relaxed and very accomodating. I hope to return to Bruce's guest house again soon.