Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
• This comfortable "Twin" room has THREE TWIN BEDS and a small desk.
The house is a beautifully updated historic 1914 Craftsman style home with beautiful original art thru out. Beautiful gourmet kitchen. You're going to love staying here! New thick fluffy towels and pillows and super comfy beds.
• Sorry, No pets, an allergy free home.
Here's a little info about your stay here...
• Quiet, safe neighborhood
• Plenty of street parking
• Secure Wi-fi
• Shared gourmet kitchen, living room, fireplace, dining room.
• Spacious front porch for relaxing and enjoying the peace of the neighborhood.
• Located close-in NE Portland- on the edge of the Hollywood District.
........THE FOUR BEDROOMS.......
• • Three bedrooms and shared bath up.
• • The three bedrooms are ideal for up to seven people, families or groups. A beautiful remodeled shared bath with large soaking claw foot tub and skylight above.
• • One bedroom with three TWINS and a desk.
• • One large KING bedroom with two easy chairs. (see other listing)
• • One cosy QUEEN bedroom with a 3" feather topper. (see other listing)
.......On the main floor.......
• • One bedroom en suite with comfy QUEEN bed. French door to back decks and yard.
• Shared gourmet kitchen, living room, fireplace, dining room. Spacious front porch for relaxing with a beverage and enjoying the peace of the neighborhood. Home is owner occupied.
• Close and convent to the airport ...4 mi. to PDX airport
• Close to City Center ...From downtown I-84 Exit 2, Cesar Chaves / (39th) / Hollywood.
• Public transit- one block- Catch Tri-met bus #12 on Sandy Blvd. to town.
• Max line- stops at 42nd or 60th.
• 4 mi. to downtown
• 4 mi. to train station and greyhound bus station
• 2 mi. to Oregon Convention Center
• Voodoo Doughnuts- 1501 Northeast Davis Street, just off Sandy Blvd.
• 2 mi. to Lloyd ctr. Mall.
• 1.3 mi. to Providence Portland Medical Center
• Easy walk to cafe's, coffee, restaurants, pubs, shops, parks, library, golf, movies
• • • • • • FOOD • • • • •
All within a few blocks... walking distance:
• Rose City Food Carts- 52nd / NE Sandy Blvd.
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Bakeshop- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Zien Hong- Chinese- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd & Sacramento St. -One block!
• Du's Grill- They do Bento right!- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery- 51st / Sandy Blvd.
• Gustav's Bier Stube-German food- 50th / Sandy Blvd.
• New Deal Cafe -great for breakfast- 53rd / Halsey
• Killer Burger- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Trader Joe's- 4121 NE Halsey
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 3930 NE Hancock St (40th & Hancock)
• The Hollywood Saturday Market- fresh, local produce all year! 42nd / Hancock (Grocery Outlet's lot)
• Hollywood Movie Theater
• Hollywood Bowling Alley
• Rose City Golf Course
• Portland's one of the most walkable and bikeable cites in the country... Lot's of things to do and see!
• Easy one hour drive west to the Willamette Valley wine country or east to Columbia River Gorge- Multnomah Falls, Mt Hood, Hood River.
• An hour & 1/2 drive to the beautiful Oregon Coast!
• Beautiful newly finished hardwood floors... PLEASE... No hard-heeled or high-heeled shoes...
• Socks preferred, Quieter too!
• This is an allergy free home. No pets please, I don't allow dogs or cats to stay.
• No smoking in the house. You may smoke outside.
• Quiet-ish hours are: 10:00pm - 8:00am.
• Quiet residential neighborhood, please respect our neighbors.
• Shared kitchen... some room in the frig for your things.
• Please replace items used.
• Beverages- wine, cider and beer available to purchase.
• Compost bin in the sink for food vegetable scraps. Please no animal products.
• Recycle bins for bottles, paper, plastic.
If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to help you out with them!
Most of all, please enjoy your stay here in this great home!
A wonderful stay! Comfortable and well appointed.
Kind and accommodating Host. Great N.E. neighborhood,
close to Food Trucks, shopping and other amenities.
A cosy, comfortable and quiet room for my son and I during our four day visit to Portland. The neighbourhood had excellent food choices and was easy to find. Bruce was a kind host.
Our stay was very pleasant. The accommodations were nice and Bruce was a very friendly host. We were overall very happy with the stay. Convenient location. Clean and comfortable.
Wonderful stay - very comfortable with a nice balance of warm hospitality and privacy.
I just had one day experience. Bruce home is pretty nice. The digital lock on the door is so cool. His house is very close to the airport.
If you are looking to stay in a safe, residential area full of great little rose gardens and interesting art work in the yards and on the homes, this is your place. If you like the convenience of accessing the highway but not bothered by the noise of being too close, look no further.
A friendly welcome and warm hospitality to settle you in and make you feel right home is the talent of our host. Bruce was more than gracious and always pleasant with tips on the area for us to explore. His lovely home was a jewel, away from the bustle of the usual city hotel. We enjoyed the character of the home and would recommend it to anyone. The king suite is
the room to experience.
Many thanks to Bruce.
We loved staying with Bruce. He is an amazing host. He helped us find interesting places to walk and eat that we didn't see on line. When I travel I usually stay downtown but I am a convert. I loved living like a local and exploring this neighbourhood. The house is big, beautiful and everything we expected it to be. Great neighbourhood. I will stay here again.
This host has 149 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Greetings! I call Portland home. Having worked in Television Broadcasting for 25 years as a Creative Director I have always had a passion for the arts, photography, design and remodeling my (website hidden), wine and traveling are also high on the passions list! My daughter Talia when not traveling somewhere exotic loves home and is an expert in raw food, good health coach and designer. She has also lived abroad and is following her passions in life.
Portland is a great creative town. An amazing amount of culture abound. Portlandia has definitely put us on the map. I love to travel and the best experience is feeling comfortable and welcome wherever you end up. Having lived abroad, traveling in New Zealand, Australia, Bali, and France I gained a fondness for guest houses, seeking out creative stays all along the adventure.
I am excited to share my beautiful home, some of my favorite restaurants and neighborhood highlights with new friends that I am looking forward to meeting ...and hearing where your travels have taken you!
Dream + Believe + Create + Inspire