About this listing
Your vacation home is located in Chicago's best neighborhood on a quiet, tree-lined street. Two blocks from Lincoln Park & Zoo, there is much to do locally and it is easy to venture further. When the day is over, relax in your private, clean oasis.
Your home away from home is on a gorgeous tree-lined street and completely remodeled in 2012 (originally built in 1892!). Upon entering, you’ll find a living area with relaxing seating, large granite desk, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, fridge, microwave, and seating for up to six. The bathroom has a marble double-vanity with a separate area for bath/toilet. And there is a third room with an inviting queen size bed and ample closet space. All decorated with your comfort and relaxation in mind. In addition, you’ll have a balcony with grill and table & chairs to enjoy the outdoors.
• 3 room apartment with private entrance (living room, bedroom, bathroom)
• 46” flat screen with DIRECTV (including HBO, Cinemax, etc)
• Refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, toaster, dishes, flatware, outdoor gas grill (Please note that there is NO KITCHEN)
• Bathroom has double-vanity with separate bath/toilet room
• Hair dryer
• Iron & ironing board
• Full control over heating/cooling
• Queen bed includes pillow mattress topper
• Soothing sounds/white noise alarm clock
• Extra sleeping via queen air mattress available
• Balcony with gas grill and table & chairs
• Check-in after 2pm & check-out by noon (let's discuss in advance if an exception is needed)
• Visitor maps and local restaurant/attractions provided
We live here, too, but your home is completely private/separate from the remainder of the house with your own private entrance to come & go as you please. Note that this entrance is on the 2nd floor and thus requires traversing a flight of stairs.
Your vacation home is located in the best neighborhood in Chicago. Old Town Triangle is the historic area between Lincoln Park and Old Town neighborhoods. Located at Armitage Avenue & Hudson Avenue, you can enjoy a 2 block walk east to the expansive Lincoln Park (including free zoo & farm) and the lakefront. In all other directions, you will be surrounded by the best that Old Town/Lincoln Park has to offer including numerous restaurant, shopping and nightlife options.
Here are a few and check out the Guidebook for a few more:
• Lincoln Park Zoo & Farm – 2 blocks east
• Lincoln Park Conservatory – 4 blocks northeast
• Lake Michigan beaches & lakefront jogging/biking path – 4 blocks east
• Oz Park w/ tennis courts - 4 blocks northwest
• Armitage/Halsted shopping area – 5 blocks west
• Magnificent Mile Michigan Avenue shopping - 1.5 miles southeast
• Museum of Contemporary Art – 2.1 miles southeast
• Downtown Loop – 2.3 miles south
• Wrigley Field – 2.4 miles north
• Navy Pier – 2.7 miles southeast
• Art Institute of Chicago - 3.0 miles southeast
• The Field Museum – 4.4 miles southeast
• Shedd Aquarium – 4.5 miles southeast
• O'Hare Airport - 16 miles northwest
• Midway Airport - 13 miles southwest
This is a great neighborhood for walking and here are a few other options:
• Sedgwick el train stop - 4 blocks south
• Armitage el train stop - 0.7 mi west
• Bus 73 at corner and many others very close
• Taxis readily available at corner
• Abundant, free street parking (after 6pm, be sure to sure to use the permit we provide)
• Divvy rental bicycle station 1 block away
• No indoor smoking (please use balcony)
• Although all floors/walls are new & well insulated, please no very loud TV, etc
• Enjoy your time while in Chicago!
My family just stayed at the Old Town Triangle condo and we loved it! Karen provided excellent guidance prior to our trip since we were traveling with our 7 month old. It was nice to know that if we needed anything prior to or during our stay, that Karen and Brett would respond quickly to our needs.
The condo was much larger for us than the previous hotel rooms we have stayed in during our Chicago trips. The separate living area and bedroom was wonderful for us once our daughter went to bed at night.
The Old Town area is fun and has plenty of restaurants, convenience stores, coffee and entertainment with in minutes.
Parking in Old Town worried me a bit, but there were always plenty of spaces and parking passes available to us.
We will absolutely stay here again. Thank you for the wonderful service!
My wife and I had a great time exploring the city from Karen and Brett's apartment. Everything was easily accessible including Lincoln Park, Soldier Field, Downtown, and Wrigley Field. We also really enjoyed their recommendations like Stanley's Kitchen & Tap. Their place was very clean, comfortable, and modern. I was able to get work done each morning before enjoying the day. I am also a coffee lover so the stocked keurig was a plus. I would definitely recommend this location!
We had a great weekend at Brett & Karen's place! They were great communicators and the space was gorgeous. We had all the privacy we needed but it was still great running into the hosts. I would definitely stay here again.
Everything went very smoothly with our visit. Our hosts were very easy to get a hold of and were in touch to make sure we had everything we needed. The apartment was fantastic. There was a lot to do right in the neighborhood, and it was very easy to access the trains and busses to get around town. It was my first time visiting Chicago, and we went all over, from Wrigley Field, to downtown and to the United Center, and everything was within 20-30 minutes by public transit.
This little apartment is a gem! Very nice neighborhood with lots to do, but also very close to all the Chicago attractions. It was great being able to have a day to relax close and easily be able to get to my conference downtown.
Brett and Karen were great hosts and were very accommodating to my conference schedule. The apartment is just the right size and has everything you need for a great stay in Chicago!
Chicago is a great city to visit and this is a very good neighbourhood to stay in.
This host has 7 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Brett & Karen
Like you, we enjoy travel immensely and we are happy to share this home with you so you can enjoy your trip to Chicago. We recently remodeled our home (down to the bricks and back up!) and our architects designed this private space for you to enjoy! About us, Karen was born & raised here in Chicago while Brett grew up in Central Illinois.