About this listing
Your vacation home is located in Chicago's best neighborhood on a quiet, tree-lined street. Two blocks from Lincoln Park & Zoo, there is much to do locally and it is easy to venture further. When the day is over, relax in your private, clean oasis.
Your home away from home is on a gorgeous tree-lined street and completely remodeled in 2012 (originally built in 1892!). Upon entering, you’ll find a living area with relaxing seating, large granite desk, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, fridge, microwave, and seating for up to six. The bathroom has a marble double-vanity with a separate area for bath/toilet. And there is a third room with an inviting queen size bed and ample closet space. All decorated with your comfort and relaxation in mind. In addition, you’ll have a balcony with table & chairs to enjoy the outdoors.
• 3 room apartment with private entrance (living room, bedroom, bathroom)
• 46” Sony LCD with DIRECTV (including HBO, Cinemax, etc)
• Refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, toaster, dishes, flatware (Please note that there is NO KITCHEN)
• Bathroom has double-vanity with separate bath/toilet room
• Hair dryer
• Iron & ironing board
• Full control over heating/cooling
• Queen bed includes pillow mattress topper
• Soothing sounds/white noise alarm clock
• Extra sleeping via queen air mattress available
• Balcony with table & chairs
• Check-in after 2pm & check-out by noon (let's discuss in advance if an exception is needed)
• Visitor maps and local restaurants/attractions provided
We live here, too, but your home is completely private/separate from the remainder of the house with your own private entrance to come & go as you please. Note that this entrance is on the 2nd floor and thus requires traversing a flight of stairs.
Your vacation home is located in the best neighborhood in Chicago. Old Town Triangle is the historic area between Lincoln Park and Old Town neighborhoods. Located at Armitage Avenue & Hudson Avenue, you can enjoy a 2 block walk east to the expansive Lincoln Park (including free zoo & farm) and the lakefront. In all other directions, you will be surrounded by the best that Old Town/Lincoln Park has to offer including numerous restaurant, shopping and nightlife options.
Here are a few and check out the Guidebook for a few more:
• Lincoln Park Zoo & Farm – 2 blocks east
• Lincoln Park Conservatory – 4 blocks northeast
• Lake Michigan beaches & lakefront jogging/biking path – 4 blocks east
• Oz Park w/ tennis courts - 4 blocks northwest
• Armitage/Halsted shopping area – 5 blocks west
• Magnificent Mile Michigan Avenue shopping - 1.5 miles southeast
• Museum of Contemporary Art – 2.1 miles southeast
• Downtown Loop – 2.3 miles south
• Wrigley Field – 2.4 miles north
• Navy Pier – 2.7 miles southeast
• Art Institute of Chicago - 3.0 miles southeast
• The Field Museum – 4.4 miles southeast
• Shedd Aquarium – 4.5 miles southeast
• O'Hare Airport - 16 miles northwest
• Midway Airport - 13 miles southwest
This is a great neighborhood for walking and here are a few other options:
• Sedgwick el train stop - 4 blocks south
• Armitage el train stop - 0.7 mi west
• Bus 73 at corner and many others within a block or two
• Taxis readily available at corner (or Uber, Lyft, etc.)
• Abundant, free street parking (after 6pm, be sure to sure to use the permit we provide)
• Divvy rental bicycle station 1 block away
Other things to note
License # 2283843. Note that beginning in 2017, the city of Chicago is expected to enforce BnB regulations more vigorously so be leery of booking places without a license
• Although all floors/walls are new & well insulated, please no very loud TV, etc
• Enjoy your time while in Chicago!
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 45 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Like you, we enjoy travel immensely and we are happy to share this home with you so you can enjoy your trip to Chicago. We recently remodeled our home (down to the bricks and back up!) and our architects designed this private space for you to enjoy! About us, Karen was born & raised here in Chicago while Brett grew up in Central Illinois.