Your vacation home is located in Chicago's best neighborhood on a quiet, tree-lined street. Two blocks from Lincoln Park & Zoo, there is much to do locally and it is easy to venture further. When the day is over, relax in your private, clean oasis.
Your home away from home is on a gorgeous tree-lined street and completely remodeled in 2012 (originally built in 1892!). Upon entering, you’ll find a living area with relaxing seating, large granite desk, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, fridge, microwave, and seating for up to six. The bathroom has a marble double-vanity with a separate area for bath/toilet. And there is a third room with an inviting queen size bed and ample closet space. All decorated with your comfort and relaxation in mind. In addition, you’ll have a balcony with grill and table & chairs to enjoy the outdoors.
• 3 room apartment with private entrance (living room, bedroom, bathroom)
• 46” flat screen with DIRECTV (including HBO, Cinemax, etc)
• Refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, toaster, dishes, flatware, outdoor gas grill (Please note that there is NO KITCHEN)
• Bathroom has double-vanity with separate bath/toilet room
• Hair dryer
• Iron & ironing board
• Full control over heating/cooling
• Queen bed includes pillow mattress topper
• Soothing sounds/white noise alarm clock
• Extra sleeping via queen air mattress available
• Balcony with gas grill and table & chairs
• Check-in after 2pm & check-out by noon (let's discuss in advance if an exception is needed)
• Visitor maps and local restaurant/attractions provided
We live here, too, but your home is completely private/separate from the remainder of the house with your own private entrance to come & go as you please. Note that this entrance is on the 2nd floor and thus requires traversing a flight of stairs.
Your vacation home is located in the best neighborhood in Chicago. Old Town Triangle is the historic area between Lincoln Park and Old Town neighborhoods. Located at Armitage Avenue & Hudson Avenue, you can enjoy a 2 block walk east to the expansive Lincoln Park (including free zoo & farm) and the lakefront. In all other directions, you will be surrounded by the best that Old Town/Lincoln Park has to offer including numerous restaurant, shopping and nightlife options.
Here are a few and check out the Guidebook for a few more:
• Lincoln Park Zoo & Farm – 2 blocks east
• Lincoln Park Conservatory – 4 blocks northeast
• Lake Michigan beaches & lakefront jogging/biking path – 4 blocks east
• Oz Park w/ tennis courts - 4 blocks northwest
• Armitage/Halsted shopping area – 5 blocks west
• Magnificent Mile Michigan Avenue shopping - 1.5 miles southeast
• Museum of Contemporary Art – 2.1 miles southeast
• Downtown Loop – 2.3 miles south
• Wrigley Field – 2.4 miles north
• Navy Pier – 2.7 miles southeast
• Art Institute of Chicago - 3.0 miles southeast
• The Field Museum – 4.4 miles southeast
• Shedd Aquarium – 4.5 miles southeast
• O'Hare Airport - 16 miles northwest
• Midway Airport - 13 miles southwest
This is a great neighborhood for walking and here are a few other options:
• Sedgwick el train stop - 4 blocks south
• Armitage el train stop - 0.7 mi west
• Bus 73 at corner and many others very close
• Taxis readily available at corner
• Abundant, free street parking (after 6pm, be sure to sure to use the permit we provide)
• Divvy rental bicycle station 1 block away
• No indoor smoking (please use balcony)
• Although all floors/walls are new & well insulated, please no very loud TV, etc
• Enjoy your time while in Chicago!
AMAZING place! I can't wait to come back in the summer time. Close to everything.
A great experience with Brett and Karen! The unit was beautiful, clean, and cozy. Would love to come back in the summer to explore the area- the neighborhood seems great! We had everything we needed and they even shoveled our porch and stairs!
We had a great time in Chicago ! And we really enjoyed our stay there. The devil is in the details : Karen and Brett had think about every little thing to make us feel at home ! There are nice restaurants near and you'll be in the heart of a lovely neighborhood, not so far from downtown.
Excellent apartment! Brett and Karen keep this place immaculately clean. The rooms were larger than what I expected for the price. The bed was very comfortable and the place was quiet. My wife and I are not night owls and really appreciate a good nights rest, which this apartment provided us! Also, the parking stickers came in handy since we drove in from out of town. The location is excellent. Steps away from Lincoln Park Zoo. All in all, we will definitely be staying here again during future visits to Chicago!
An excellent apartment providing a high standard of accommodation and ideally situated for visiting both the Lincoln Park area and the city centre of Chicago. I certainly hope to stay here again.
I've stayed at Brett and Karen's apartment twice. It's a beautiful apartment, with a great location in Lincoln Park! Karen and Brett have done a fantastic job making the apartment feel cosy and welcoming. Tea, coffee are available and on-street parking also. Perfect apartment and location to spend a few days exploring Chicago! I'm sure we will be back again!
Karen and Brett provided the most comfortable little abode for us to stay in! Beautifully remodeled and appointed place, complete a fully stocked Kureg machine and bottled water in the fridge! Very quiet unit. Wonderful selection of books to read. Very comfy bed. HOT shower. REAL toilet paper instead of the single layer paper you remember from elementary school. Free wifi and satellite TV, beautiful high def television, and a heater the kept this place comfortable the entire time and it was 25 degrees outside. Plenty of restaurants , pubs, and a CVS within a two block radius. This place is perfect and we highly recommend it. An extra special thanks to our hosts who graciously allowed us to stay a few hours past check out because of a delayed flight home. Thanks again Karen and Brett. You give AirB&B a good name for sure!
Like you, we enjoy travel immensely and we are happy to share this home with you so you can enjoy your trip to Chicago. We recently remodeled our home (down to the bricks and back up!) and our architects designed this private space for you to enjoy! About us, Karen was born & raised here in Chicago while Brett grew up in Central Illinois.