About this listing
100 miles from the George Washington Bridge, Amber Lake Cottage is a midcentury modern lakefront getaway. Enjoy swimming, fishing, and rowing in the lake or lounging and grilling on the large deck. Inside there's a large chef's kitchen, fireplace, and exceptional surround sound stereo. Fast wifi is available if you need to get some work in and great things to do in the area including hiking, browsing cute towns, and great food and spirits. Please come and enjoy our home away from home.
NOTE: Please reach out to us via the messaging option to confirm your dates and cost before booking. Thanks so much!
During the winter months it is HIGHLY recommended that you travel to the house with a four wheel drive vehicle. The country roads can get pretty snowy and icy, especially just after a storm. We have our driveway plowed after each 2"+ snowfall.
Thank you for checking out Amber Lake Cottage, a sunny and lake front house in the Catskills. The house is about 100 miles from the George Washington Bridge, so it's great for a city escape. There are two bedrooms (sleeps 4 people total) and one bathroom. The entire house has been imaculately restored/renovated with a mid century danish modern decor featuring pieces by Arne Voder, Finn Juhl, Warren Platner, Arne Jacobson, Ilum Wikkelso, and more. The home has been profiled in the NY Times and a number of design magazines. If you love to cook, there is a very spacious chef's ktichen with dishwasher, washer/dryer, and a large island with 4 barstools with all marble countertops. There is a large dining table and a cozy wood burning fireplace to snuggle around while watching a movie with awesome surround sound. Outside you have Amber Lake to swim, boat, or relax in from our private dock. There is also a large outdoor grill, rowboat, and fire pit on site for your use. High speed WiFi is included and there is also a 42" TV and also an Apple TV that has a Netflix and Hulu but there is no cable/live TV service. The bathroom has a rain shower head.
Activities in the area include skiing (about 40 minute drive), fly fishing, regular fishing (right from our dock), hiking, cross country skiing (about an hour drive), and the general Catskills beauty.
The house sits on Amber Lake which is spring fed. This is a private, non motorized lake. You can swim, fish, row, and, if the conditions permit, ice skate and ice fish on the lake. While there is no public access to the lake, there are other homes on the lake. Please note that there are no life guards on the lake.
If you have any questions, please be in touch.
PETS ARE ONLY ON APPROVAL. Please let us know if you would like to bring your pet. Sorry, no cats - one of us is allergic.
Please note that there is no air conditioning in the house. We have ceiling fans in the bed rooms and a couple of portable Vornado fans for the living area.
- Gorgeous lake front property
- Danish Modern furniture
- Large dining table
- Wood-burning fire place
- private dock (non motorized lake - don't bring your jet ski!)
- fire pit in the backyard
- three huge decks with large gas grill
- Rainfall shower head in bathroom
- linens & towels provided
- High speed WiFi
- TV with Apple TV, Netflix, and Hulu,
- 5.1 surround sound system with Airplay for your iPhone
- Fully equipped chefs kitchen
Guests will have full access to the house, property, and lake. Please note that while there is no public access to this lake, there are other homes on the lake. If you are looking for complete seclusion our home may not be the best fit. Generally it is very quite, but weekends (especially holiday weekends) tend to bring the neighbors out onto the lake. Our dock is is private.
Interaction with guests
We will be available to you, but stay out of your hair as much as possible so you can have a quite, comfortable stay. We are not at the house when you are but we are available by phone, email, and text if you need us for any reason. We live in Brooklyn, not in Livingston Manor.
Other things to note
Things to keep in mind:
- The washer and dryer are currently out of order.
- The house is small, so no more than 4 adults.
- There is no air-conditioning at the house. There are ceiling fans in the bedrooms and two portable fans are provided for the living area.
- Cell signal isn't great and varies dramatically provider to provider and phone type. Calls drop less if you talk outside. There is no land line but there is high speed internet/wifi.
- No parties.
- No photo shoots, filming, or commercial activity without prior consent and approval.
- No smoking on the property.
- Four person maximum occupancy.
- Please take all perishable food items with you when you leave or throw them in the garbage.
- Please do not leave crumbs or food out at night or when you leave the house.
- Please hang any wet and used towels so they dry and do not mold.
- Use of the lake is at your own risk, there are no lifeguards. Use a life jacket.
- Pets on approval only. Do not use instant book if you are bringing a pet.
- Be mindful of furniture, art, and objects.
- Please let us know if something breaks or is not working.
- Open and close the flute in the fire place.
- Make sure the fire is out in the fire place when going to sleep or leaving the house.
- Use the fire extinguisher if necessary (it's in the laundry area).
- If you are going out for a boat ride, you and other passengers must wear a life vest. Max of 3 adults in the rowboat and 2 adults in the pedal boat. Must wear life jackets (generally found in the master bedroom closet or with the boats).
Please thoroughly read the booking confirmation email for the details on the house including address, where to find the keys, wifi, etc.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
We are a family based in Brooklyn, NY. We love nature and design and decided to combine our passions into our lake front home in the Catskills.