About this listing
Hale Lau Hala is in beautiful setting, nestled between two forested lots. It is lovely, fresh, clean furnished 3 bedroom house. Located minutes from restaurants in Pahoa Town, enjoy a stay in the country! Our sister home, The Art Garden, across the street has 3 bedrooms book one or both.
Welcome to our personal get-a-way home on Hawaii island. The spacious, open plan of our 3 bedroom home is comfortable for a couple or family. The Hawaiian sense of place is built into all the furnishings creating a relaxed environment.
Hale Lau Hala is in a quiet area flanked by forests and with other single family homes across and down the street. You will live like a local, close to shopping and services, but away from it all.
From the house it is a short jog to the ocean past lush greenery and sweeping views of the ocean down rocky embankments, a perfect spot for a tropical picnic.
Our home is outfitted with all you need to enjoy your stay, including a washer / dryer, internet ready, flat screen TV. Just log onto Netflix, Hulu, or any of the free sites to view tv. The kitchen has all the conveniences of home; microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven, rice cooker, cookware, dishes, flatware, etc.
Hale Lau Hala has real beds for six. A queen in the master, king in the second room, and two twin size beds in the third room. There is also a pack and play baby bed and a queen sized hide-a-bed sofa in the living room.
There are plenty of fresh linens, towels, and beach towels for your use. We will start you out with some basic necessities like a roll of toilet paper in each bath, paper towels, trash bags, etc. You will need to purchase consumable supplies for your stay.
Come refresh yourself as you enjoy the clean air, star-filled night sky, and lush greenery at Hale Lau Hala on "The Big Island."
Hale Lau Hala is a non-smoking, no pets residence.
Entire home, 12,000 sq. ft. yard, snorkles, everything from beach towels to coolers.
Parking for guests is outside, not in the garage.
Interaction with guests
We live on O'ahu so you will be on your own. We are constantly available by phone to answer questions or facilitate your stay.
Our neighborhood is characterized by quiet streets. There are many forested lots which gives the area a country feel, but we have several full time neighbors to make you feel safe. Our street has a dead end so the only people who pass by live on the street. There are no street lights making the star gazing incredible.
Our recently built, finely furnished home is centrally located on the windward side of Hawaii Island. Fly into Hilo airport and enjoy visiting beautiful tropical forests, the volcano, and black sand beaches.
The "hele on" bus stops a couple of blocks from the house. It comes infrequently so you will definitely need a car to stay here. You can park your car in the driveway.
Other things to note
On Hawaii island many stores do not provide bags for your shopping, you may wish to put a few in your luggage if you plan to shop before you check in. There are reusable bags provided at Hale Lau Hala.
*Children age 6 and younger will need a child's booster seat in the State of Hawaii.
Please print the directions to the house before you leave on your trip.
• Hale Lau Hala is smoke and pet free making it safe for our guests with allergies. DO NOT BURN MOSQUITO PUNKS INDOORS.
• This is our personal home, please treat it as the beautiful retreat it is.
• Sound travels easily through the forest. Be respectful of our neighbors.
• Remove your shoes at the front door. Avoid tracking in sand, and small grit from rocks that will damage the floors.
• Close and lock the front windows when you leave the house during your stay. Leave the curtains open as often as possible. UV light keeps the house fresh in the humid environment.
• Our cleaning fee covers regular housekeeping. Please take care of the small things yourself: wash your dishes, wash laundry in excess of 2
* Place the trash in the large can in the garage, please do not leave it in the house. Do not leave trash in excess of what fits in the garage can. Deliver excess trash to the "Transfer station" Hawaii speak for "the dump." Check out how the locals recycle everything from appliances to rubbish. If you go to the Pahoa transfer station you can see where the most recent lava flow on the island stopped. It is actually a tourist destination! (There is no trash pick-up in the country.)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 40 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a newly retired elementary school Art teacher living in Honolulu. My husband, Edson, and I enjoy getting away to our house in Pahoa on the Big Island and hope you will enjoy it too. You can check out our artwork on the walls while you are there.
We have lived in Honolulu for over 26 years but formerly lived in southern California, upstate New York, and the greater Chicago area. I am originally from Indianapolis.