Strange is not a strong enough word to describe these guests.
1. You can see photos of my lovely garden walk on my page as well as 4 or 5 years worth of 5 star ratings. I've had 3 guests with physical disabilities stay with me without incident. Lola's boyfriend might have had trouble carrying their fish tank which held the emotional support lizards up the stairs.
2. If I sent multiple texts it is because these folks only responded after telling them I've reached out to Airbnb for help, or called the police. And never a text prior to 8AM.
3. Guest told me they purchased an airstream, but failed to mention they planned on parking it outside of my neighbor's property. They waited until I left town to deliver and park in my quiet neighborhood. Of course my friends and neighbors sent photos almost immediately. It's guests like these that give short term renters a bad name.
4. Actually, it's the other way around. These guests were rude to my friends who are minding my cats while I'm on vacation.
5. I don't know about the mice (indoors) or spiders, but will check with housekeeping.
6. A few other small pets?? See my review and one from host prior to me. What I approved and agreed to was not honored by guests.
7. Random people: housekeepers and a driver who came to bring trash cans down to the road for pick up.
8. If the animals were confined to kennels at night then they must have scratched the floors and walls during the day. Damage claim is for $3,340. Unfortunate for me that I was not up on Airbnb rules. I did in fact ask for a cash deposit and by doing so, I violated Air terms so they denied my claim, even though I called to inform them of all as soon as possible.
9. I don't travel a lot, but I don't close my calendar when when I'm out of town and am not aware of other hosts that do. All is out in the open with my guests as was the case with Lola and her boyfriend.