About this listing
1904 Victorian rebuilt from the studs 4 years ago. It is a superb base in San Francisco for a quick holiday or an extended stay. The house itself is over 3000 square feet / 300 m2 and has 4 parking spaces (2 garaged, two outside) as well as a small back yard both of which are rare in San Francisco. The house has 10.5 foot ceilings thoughout along with plenty of period details. There are views of San Francisco Bay from two large master bedroom windows and even a view of Alcatraz from the master bathroom window. The location could not get any better.
The heart of the house is an open plan kitchen, family and informal dining space. Also on the first floor is a formal living room, dining room and library, all open and airy due to extensive windows and natural light.
The kitchen has marble worktops, 8 burner gas cooktop, large refridgerator and extensive storage for all the cookware you will need. The open family room has a 50” plasma television and plenty of seating along with a gas fireplace.
Just off the kitchen is a desk with computer as well as a bar with wine refrigerator.
The formal dining room seats 10 easily and is fantastic for dinner parties.
Upstairs are four bedrooms with plenty of room and beds:
The master bedroom with a king bed, large closet and large bathroom with two sinks, shower and separate tub
Guest room with a queen bed, television and large bathroom
3rd bedroom with twin bed and accompanying trundle bed
4th bedroom with a crib, and set of bunk beds
All of San Francisco is at your fingertips. Situated in Cow Hollow between Pacific Hieghts and The Marina districts. A 3 minute walk North gets you to Chestnut Street with boutiques, restaurants, a grocery store, movie theatres and a gym. A 3 minute walk East gets you to Union Street with more boutiques, restaurants and a organic market.
A bus line is 30 seconds away at the other end of the block and takes you downtown without transfer to high end shopping, restaurants, museums, etc.
10 minutes walking North will take you to The Presidio or The Marina Green (Home to the Americas Cup), Crissy Field and eventually striaght to the Golden Gate Bridge (a 20 minute walk)
There are several parks within a 10-15 minute walk and bicycling (we have two adult bikes and 2 kid bikes) will get you very easily to all of these places and more.
Being on the North side of San Francisco affords easy access to Marin County just across the Golden Gate Bridge. Areas like Sausalito, Mount Tamalpais, the Marin Headlands and Stinson Beach are accessible in 30 min by car.
- Trash day is Wednesday. Please roll out both blue and black trash cans on Tuesday night.
- You will find fresh sheets and towels when you arrive. Let us know if you have any special needs and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- No smoking is allowed anywhere in the house, garden or patio
- No guests are allowed but the people who booked the stay, unless we approve
- Please turn lights and heating off when you are away.
- Please no food in the bedrooms, to avoid stains etc.
- No pets
- No parties
CHECKOUT - Please ensure to complete the following items before your departure.
- All debris, rubbish and discards (including unused food) should be placed in trash and taken to garage trash cans
- Put the grill cover back on.
- Soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and load started (soap under the sink).
- All used linens and towels should be placed next to laundry area.
- All windows and doors are properly secured and locked.
- All lights turned off.
- Thermostat is turned off.
- Keys are returned to original place in the garage.