For a pleasant holiday choose my pretty house located in Rome center three minutes walk from the subway station Piazza Bologna, and ten minutes walk from overground railway station Tiburtina from where you come direct from airport Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino). The house is a detached annexe to the main building, and is composed of two rooms and a bathroom; it is completely furnished with a washing machine, wi-fi, TV, air conditioning and heating. In the first room there is a double sofa bed, a cooking area with table and chairs for breakfast, in the second room there are two beds (bunk style). You also have the use of a garden in front of the independent entrance to the house. The house is very quiet; the neighborhood is full of bars and restaurants, pubs, supermarkets and all types of shops. The house is perfect for a family, two parents and two children or four friends. Private car parking available.
Clara est une hôte parfaite, toujours à rendre service et à faciliter le séjour!
La studio, indépendant, est très charmant ainsi que le jardin.
I would totally recommend this place to anybody visiting Rome. You can get the unique feeling of being in the countryside while instead staying right in the city centre of Rome, in a lively neighborhood. A metro stop is basically on your doorstep and lots of buses are close-by. The house is extremely quiet and doesn't get any noise from the street. The garden is just amazing, it's really hard to get such a green spot in a central location like this one. Clara, the host, a true Roman who can speak both English and Spanish, is really helpful and will assist you with any need you might have, both related to your staying in the house and to amenities around piazza Bologna, or in the rest of the city.
Downsides: if coming during the summer, bring along lots of mosquitoes repellent, as this annoying insect is obviously present among the many plants and trees in the garden. And be careful inside the house if you are taller than 1,70m, as your head might be banging against walls and corners at times :)
1. Staying at Clara's place was great, more than great.
2. We stayed there for 30 days, "We" means two adults and two small children, one of which is a baby (and anyone who has kids knows that it is not easy to find a good place for kids).
3. The place is just 2 minutes' walk from Piazza Bologna where is a metro station (shops and other places are just everywhere). This is a genuine Italian neighborhood which is both very young and vibrant as well as close to the center of Rome. Also, just down the street, there is a small neighborhood market (not a supermarket but a real market) that is open until 14:00 which has fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, cheese etc.
4. The apartment is at the back of residential building and is very quiet. It is not very big but it is well designed with plenty of storage space with almost everything one needs (including internet). If something is missing simply talk to Clara (the owner) and she will find a solution immediately.
5. The garden - a huge and beautiful garden (about 20 meters X 20 meters) - just for you - with 4 turtles, a parrot, small fish pond and cats. If you are an animal lover or if you are looking to occupy you kids for hours – this is the place for you. Also, we had many meals in the garden, saving us the trouble of cleaning after the younger kid (who usually throws everything on the floor…)
6. The host – Clara is a very warm person who truly enjoyed having us with her and made us feeling at home immediately and will assist you with everything you need, whether regarding the house or getting around Rome. Also, she speaks good English which is not too common in Rome.