About This Listing
Excelent option for those searching for a bright, silent and charming place, for a good price and right the city centre. Before booking, please read the infor regarding check in (section House Rules)
We are renting this cozy, bright and silent home in the most bohemian, multicultural lively neighbourhood in Madrid: Lavapiés. The apartment is bright (with lots of light) cozy and extremely silent. It's perfect for a couple but the couch can be converted into a single bed, so three friends or a couple with a baby could also fit perfectly.
With lots of restaurants, bars and walking distance to the main attractions in the city, this is your perfect destination for a holiday in Madrid.
In particular, in Lavapiés you'll find lots of Spanish, Asian and Arabic restaurants and bars to hang out . It is also very close to theaters and museums, like Reina Sofia and Caixaforum. The Prado museum and Thyssen Bornemisza are reachable by foot too. Despite of it being a very lively neirbourghood, the flat is very silent, perfect for your night rest. Even though most of the center of Madrid is reachable by foot from our place, the metro is also very close and the house is well served with public transportation.
The apartment is well equipped and WI-FI is available during your stay. There is also a 32 inches TV.
The flat is composed of living room, kitchen and a bedroom which includes an adjacent room used as studio and wardrobe. Though small, the space is very well used and more than enough to meet your needs while on holiday, study or business trip. Here you'll find everything you need. Of course fresh linen. Maps and a guide of Madrid and sorroundings will be available during your stay! Just tell us what you need and we'll be happy to help you with anything you may need during your stay.
Baby cot available under request, 10€/stay
The apartment is in the fourth floor of a walk up building, like most buildings in the centre of Madrid... so NO elevator, but I can always help you with your luggage if you are carrying so much weight:)
We look forward to receiving you at our place really soon!
• Check in time is set at 4pm and means the time at which the apartment will be ready for your use, at the latest. However, if you arrive earlier to town we can meet you from 11am at the apartment (free of charge, is just a courtesy to our guests) to drop luggage and get the keys, so that you can start exploring Madrid right away. Between 2pm and 4pm we might not be available to meet you, since we go back home to cook and eat, but should you arrive on this gap, we can recommend you some nice place to have your first meal in Madrid.
• We can also meet guests at night, but in that case we charge a late check in fee of 15 euro from 9 pm until midnight and 25 euro after midnight. If you plan to arrive after 1:30 am we won't be able to meet you (obviously if your flight is delayed we'll wait for you!!), but if you have a really late flight we can't wait up so long....
• Unless you have agreed otherwise with us, check out must be before 11am. Can you leave the keys in the entry and close the door.
• Please do not leave trash in the apartment. Garbage shall be disposed of in the gray bins that you will find next to building door every day from 8pm, so remember to take out the trash the night before! We'll really appreciate that!
• Please do not leave dirty dishes and try to leave the apartment as you found it.
• If something breaks during your stay , do not wait for us to discover that once you're gone. We understand that accidents can happen, but we do not like such surprises.
• Elderly people, children and working people all live in the building; please be considerate. No parties or noise allowed from 22h or at any time of the day in public areas of the building (hall and stairs) . When you are on the stairs we request you to speak in a low tone please, as if it would be your own building. Any complaints from neighbors will be immediately notified to you and to Airbnb and you'll be requested to leave the apartment.
• We like the fresh air, so you can not smoke in the apartment.
• Only people who have booked can sleep in the apartment. Visitors shall also be notified.
• According to the Spanish legislation, we are obliged to inform the police of the identity of all the people staying at the apartment; therefore, at your arrival we'll need to see your passport. Not that we are very enthusiastic of the idea, but rules are rules....
This apartment's location is fantastic. We never used the Metro once to visit any site or when we went out for drinks/dinner. The neighborhood is multiethnic and very refreshing. Oscar was waiting for us in the apartment upon arrival and explained everything to us. We had no problems at all in the flat. The toilet/bathroom is extremely small. So if you need a reasonably sized bathroom, this apartment would not be for you. And the walk up to the flat is 4 flights of stairs but we love exercise! The bottom line is that the flat's price and location are too good to pass up. This is one of the best deals I have ever had on AirBnB.
Awesome apartment, Vanessa was an excellent host. She made a tour in the apartment, explaining everything. The apartament is exactly as described and it was the perfect choice to stay in Madrid. They also have excellent suggestions for the visitors, good places to go, I would stay again for sure.
Thanks allot. We hadt a wonderfull stay. The apartment is really nice and well equipped. If we are going to Madrid again. We will stay there again.
Although the check-in time was 4:00 p.m. They let us leave our luggages at 11:45 a.m. and even check-in at 01:30 p.m. Elena met us in the apartment and provided us with all the information around. She was very nice and friendly. The apartment was really clean and we personally met Nana who was professionally cleaning the apartment before we checked in. Very good location; walking distance to everywhere. Also very illuminious and very quiet, and although the flat is on the forth floor, climbing up is not very tiring. The size of the bathroom was ok for us but, it may be challenging for a big person, and the accordion door does not provide so much privacy. The mattress looked new but for some reason we were always rolling into the middle. We recommend this place to everyone visiting Madrid.
Très bien placé, appartement très agréable pour un week-end a Madrid!
L'appartement était parfait... bien éclairé, tranquille et le lit était très confortable. Le quartier très central nous donnait la possibilité de faire de multitudes visites à pied et plus d'être situé à 1 minute du métro. Seul déception l'appartement est au 3 eme étage...
This host has 945 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Oscar&Vanessa&Elena
We welcome you to Spain and we wish you a good stay in Madrid!
Oscar works as a photographer and Vanessa studies drama and theatre production and management. However, until some years ago Oscar was an engineer and Vanessa was a M&A lawyer. And then one day we decided to turn our lifes up side down and follow our real passions.
We are best friends and on May 2012 we decided to move forward and enroll in a small business together. Vanessa had been hosting with Airbnb for 2 years by then (renting the spare room at her place in Madrid/Milan and her apartment in Barcelona) and her experience (upgraded to Superhost in early 2011) was so positive that we decided we could also help other owners that don't live in town or don't have the time to rent their properties to travelers as you. And this is what we are doing now together.
More about us, we love to travel: in 2012 Vanessa traveled to Greece with her backpack and Oscar spent a few months working in France. Last summer Oscar repeated the French experience while Vanessa explored Malaysia during a month and a half.
We are also keen in meeting new people and learning new things from them, but more importantly, we want you to feel at home at any of our apartments and that you feel that there's someone in town who cares for you:-)
We enjoy little life pleasures like riding our bicycles or growing our small organic vegetables gardens (each of us has one). We like eco-friendly environments since we care a lot about our planet.
We will help you to find you like home in this beautiful city and we look forward to having the opportunity to meet you soon!!
Vanessa & Oscar
Tipical and tradicional market. Wide variety of food stores (also vegan)Calle de Santa Isabel Madrid Community of Madrid 28012
Wine bar. Lots of wines, nice atmosphere. Very crowded on weekends.Calle San Eugenio Madrid Community of Madrid 28012
Cinema belonging to the Ministry of Culture. Independent , classical movies. Very cheap (less than 3 euros)Calle de Santa Isabel Madrid Community of Madrid 28012
Small, cozy, cheap restaurant and cafeteria. Vegan and no vegan menus. Nice ambient an decoration. (website hidden)Calle Fúcar Madrid Community of Madrid 28014
Typical Spanish bar restaurant. Youll get a tapa with your drinkCalle de Quevedo Madrid Community of Madrid 28014
Cultural Space. Expositions, concerts... We recommend to go up to the roof top. The view is fantastic!!! It costs around 2 euros.Calle de Alcalá Madrid Community of Madrid 28014
The last renewed market in Madrid. Bars restaurants. (website hidden)Calle Augusto Figueroa Madrid Community of Madrid 28004